Waste of Money

Was happy today when i got my new CSW base 2.5 and BMW steering wheel, i have coveted this combination for so long now...

and sadly after assembling it, doing all the driver updates and all the http:// usual sensible things you would do when you first purchase new hardware

Nothing works... absolutely nothing...

i have everything plugged in as it's supposed too after going through the manuals and still nothing

I have enclosed a picture of what the fanatec profiler looks like and it looks doubtful...

if anyone could provide help it would be greatly appreciate but as it stands this was a waste of money....

Comments

• looks like the wheel isn't all the way pushed into the wheel.

That is what the driver shows if you don't have a wheel on the base.

Make sure the Quick release is open, and then push the wheel further onto the base.

• looks like the wheel isn't all the way pushed into the wheel.

That is what the driver shows if you don't have a wheel on the base.

Make sure the Quick release is open, and then push the wheel further onto the base.
    Thank you for the assist, that did actually do the trick, however after trying the wheel, messing with the settings i simply don;t like the wheel. 

It's horrifically over sensitive no matter how much i play with the settings  and for some reason the wheel will not calibrate properly to dead center even with pressing the two joysticks on the BMW wheel

I tried copying my Thrustmaster's settings as best as i could as i got it just perfect for my driving style but all the Fanatec wheel does is just cause miles of understeer with just the slightest movement of the wheel...

this has sadly been an extremely disappointing day, i coveted this wheel and base for so long...
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hi Scott,

Can you provide a bit more information so we can help? What platform are you on? Which game are you trying that you do not like ? As for the wheel center calibration is it returning to its original start up position after calibrating or slightly off centre?
  • It sounds like you just didn't calibrate the wheel's rotation angle properly with the game you're trying to use it for. Make sure the wheel base's current rotation range matches what the game is expecting.

No matter which brand of wheel you use, once properly calibrated, there's no reason one would be more sensitive to movement than another. Any wheel should give you 1-to-1 control in the game. 

What you can expect from a Fanatec wheel is more precise force feedback, not a difference in sensitivity.
  • Scott BellamyScott Bellamy Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi Scott,

Can you provide a bit more information so we can help? What platform are you on? Which game are you trying that you do not like ? As for the wheel center calibration is it returning to its original start up position after calibrating or slightly off centre?  

Platform  PC
    Game Assetto Corsa

and It's calibration always slightly  off center,perhaps best described a slight lean (about 28 degrees) to the left 
    edited July 2019
    It sounds like you just didn't calibrate the wheel's rotation angle properly with the game you're trying to use it for. Make sure the wheel base's current rotation range matches what the game is expecting.

No matter which brand of wheel you use, once properly calibrated, there's no reason one would be more sensitive to movement than another. Any wheel should give you 1-to-1 control in the game. 

What you can expect from a Fanatec wheel is more precise force feedback, not a difference in sensitivity.
    I have my in game steering wheel mapped to 900 degrees as well as the wheel itself, the sensitivity is so terrible i could say a slight maybe 5 to 10 degrees right input can take me around the first corner hairpin at Mugello
  • I think you should probably send the wheel back. It sounds like setting up a wheel is too complicated for you.

It's likely a waste of money as you'll never be able to use it properly.
  • I think you should probably send the wheel back. It sounds like setting up a wheel is too complicated for you.

It's likely a waste of money as you'll never be able to use it properly.
    Sadly i think you're right on this one, and i don;t know anybody that has one of these that can directly help me
  • Send it to me. I'll set it up for you.
  • Send it to me. I'll set it up for you.
    hah, good one dood :)

You'd probably understand the darn thing easier than i would :)
  • Sounds like you're just trying to find reasons to hate the product and nothing anyone could do will change your mind. It is likely that your sensitivity issue is just about you not being used to how cars react to the road in AC. Probably trying to drift or something but drifting is extremely difficult for beginners.

As for your centering issues, have you tried holding the wheel at a different angle to compensate for the off center feel?
    edited July 2019
    yes i've read all that, so one thing i found is i haven;t calibrated the wheel properly. 

the new issue i have encountered is no matter what i've tried from scrutinizing the manual to video's online, it won;t calibrate dead straight

i have a dead straight wheel and when i press in the two joysticks it calibrates to -154 so like a 45+ degree angle to the left according to the slider

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    yes i've read all that, so one thing i found is i haven;t calibrated the wheel properly. 

the new issue i have encountered is no matter what i've tried from scrutinizing the manual to video's online, it won;t calibrate dead straight

i have a dead straight wheel and when i press in the two joysticks it calibrates to -154 so like a 45+ degree angle to the left according to the slider

Try updating to this driver package. You now have a "Wheel Center" calibration in the driver itself. 

• yes i've read all that, so one thing i found is i haven;t calibrated the wheel properly. 

Try updating to this driver package. You now have a "Wheel Center" calibration in the driver itself. 

I shall give it a try good sir, it literally is the last thing i can try before sadly having to send it back for a replacement 

i honestly hope that you have found the golden egg here :P