Shifter disconnects

Anyone else having this issue?

I have an Elite v1.1 wheelbase, desk mounted, and a ClubSport 1.5 SQ, and the thing randomly disconnects/becomes unresponsive. Usually after the FFB kicking in....

I think it's possibly just a loos RJ12 connection, because if I pull the cable out and insert it again the shifter starts working again.

Anyone else had that issue? Should I use a bit of tape to hold the RJ12 connector in place?

Will be mounting it in a rig soon so maybe the issue will go away after that

Comments

• If the shifter is connected properly and you wiggle the connector (on the base side, but perhaps also try the shifter side), does it also disconnect?
  • Sean MalloySean Malloy Member
    edited July 2019
    yep!

if I jiggle the cable around it even changes gears.

What do you think the best approach is? for now I've plugged it in via the USB adapter I have.

The pedals are being twitchy too, took ages for the wheelbase to finally detect them
  • So fiddling the connector on base side gives the problem, and your pedals connected to the base have connection issues too? Sounds like you'll need to contact Fanatec Support, your base sockets/electronics seem to have an issue (unless you happen to have two bad cables supplied with shifter and pedals).
  • Since my post last, the pedal connection has been stable as (also I bolted the wheel base to the table, no more table clamp)

I'm using the USB Adapter for the shifter, so thats been stable too.

If I had to send this wheelbase for RMA I'd be super sad because I only just got it back from RMA and I'm quite enjoying the racing atm.

I think if I can bolt everything in to my new rig (aluminium profile) and position the cables correctly, it'll be fine. We shall see.