McLaren GT3 or Not Holding Onto Firmware Update?

Hello,

This started happening when I purchased and installed the McLaren GT3 rim on my CSW 2.5 wheelbase. I have updated the wheelbase firmware to the latest X64 version 328. I then connect the McLaren GT3 rim and update its firmware as well. After the update I receive the confirmation of the versions loaded as follows:

• PC Driver: 328
  • Wheel Base Firmware: 628
  • Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 18
  • Steering Wheel Firmware: 30

1. The problem occurs when I shut down the PC and wheel for the night. The next day, I start my PC as I always do, then turn on the wheel. It goes through its startup procedure (turn right, turn left, centered). However when done, it simply flashes the Fanatec F logo instead of rendering the firmware versions.
  2. If I start up a sim, any sim, the wheel is not recognized.
  3. I then go to the Fanatec controller properties, I get a popup stating that the firmware has to be flashed in order for the McLaren GT3 rim to function properly.
  4. I flash the firmware again in order to get the wheel to be recognized by my sims (iRacing, ACC, Pcars2, etc). Once this is done, it flashes all of the firmware versions again.
Again, this happens each and every time I shut down for the night and start up again the next day.

I also have the BMW GT2 wheel and the Formula Black wheel. This anomaly does not occur with either of these. Only on the McLaren GT3 rim. Any suggestions?

I have contacted Fanatec support and their advice was to uninstall/reinstall the latest firmware's which has now been done several times already but to no avail.

PC Specs: Windows 7 Professional x64, Asus 970 Gaming/Aura Motherboard, AMD FX8350 CPU OC 4.9Ghz, MSI nVidia GTX1080ti GPU, 32GB 1866 DDR3 RAM, Corsair 850W PSU, Water cooling on GPU/CPU

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hi Kenneth, Please try installing the latest driver v340. Also try updating the wheel base without any wheel attached. Once that is complete attach your McL wheel and update it. I originally had that happen with my V2 and McL and updating separately managed to work. Let me know.
  • Hello Joseph, could you tell me where I can download Driver v340 from? Whenever I go to either products downloads page, the latest version Driver I am presented with is v328. Regards.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    You can find beta drivers on the blog.  https://www.fanatec.com/forum/categories/beta-drivers
  • Joseph, Thank you. I wasn’t aware about that. This has worked. Issue resolved. Regards.