Fanatec Driver 456 (prev release candidate) for CSL, CS and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• YIYANG YYIYANG Y Member
    edited March 5

Hello everyone, in fact, my podium DDF1 undergoes a transition from high torque to low torque mode while playing PS5. And it cannot restore high torque mode. I guarantee that the torque key is stable, and the probability of playing PS is very high, while the probability of playing PC is very low。

• I have tested the base quite a bit, with the factory firmware and the only problem I have is with Forza Motorsport, on PC the force is horrendous, and on Xbox the problem of vibration in the menus, for now I am solving that problem with a profile without force in the menus and with force in the race, Maurice can you confirm that it is being tested in the 457 version that forza motorsport does not cause the vibration problem? Can you confirm if on PC with the same configuration it has the same strength as on Xbox? The thing is that on Xbox the control is infinitely better, on Xbox it is brutal, if not for the vibration it is perfect.

• I can not confirm this as it's not under investigation yet due to no ressources available.

So pretty much definitely wont be fixed in 457 and most likely also not with 458 - if it's even a firmware issue. For me this looks extremely like a game bug which you should report to Turn10.

• But if it doesn't happen with new firmware versions, it might be a firmware problem, right? It only happens with the Clubsport DD+ with the CSL DD for example it doesn't happen

• You didnt said it is a new issue introduced with a specific firmware.

Which firmware was working properly and which version "broke" it?

• edited March 5

I only know what happens with the factory firmware, with the new ones no one answered me if it happens or not, yesterday the video that I published with the problem a YouTube user, thanks to my video he did not go crazy thinking it was the broken base The issue is that since in some way they are returning to some previous version or versions of the firmware as a possible solution to the disconnections, I only ask if in version 457 it can be proven that Forza Motorsport works well on Xbox with all the Clubsport configuration DD+ by default, I only ask if this test can be done in that battery of tests that is being done to the new firmware, to leave in the comments when it is published, that this problem was solved or that it still continues, because many people who Come back later I can see if the problem persists or is solved

• Hi Maurice

I received my Clubsport DD+ Last Tuesday.

During the ACC practice and Group Race the wheel will suddenly disconnected like 4 time in 6 days. one was towards end of the race and one is just finish half hour race.

after 30mins seems to be the issued.

i have the 456 ready and update the Mclaren wheel driver 2 time already.

• @youtube-Letro82. you are still using the old factory firmware. Install 455 and test it yourself and you will have the answer to your question.

• Hope this helps, but I also had the same problems in GT 7 and ACC after I updated to 456. Seemed like FFB, paddle shifters and pedals stopped working, although I was able to steer off the track while coasting and restart the base. I did some reading so I could roll back my CSDD+ to driver FW 455. Leaving the QR2 and wheel alone. Everything worked all last night with zero issues. The 456 update fixed the issues I had with the funky switch triggering enter when I just wanted to move in the menus on the CSV2 F1 2023.

Idk What my issue is with the PBM on the Porsche 911 GT3 wheel but the Joystick seems inverted in all directions in GT7 and ACC, but works fine in the Fanatec Control panel. Might be a PS5 coding issue I really have no idea

• edited March 6

Supposedly a bug with new firmware/drivers... people have suggested downgrade JUST the base to 2.0.1.4 firmware. Helps some people, some people (like me) still get wheel disconnects and other random issues regardless of which combination of firmware.

• Please help!

Finally received my CS DD+ today and mounted it on my rig using driver Driver 455 & Base FW 2.0.1.4.

Everything worked fine so shut down my PC to have some dinner and when I fired it up again it could no longer detect any steering wheel.

I have 3 x steering wheels and none of them is detected, Fanalab shows the base but the wheels are "not available".

I have read some of the comments here and I assume this is the wheel disconnecting issue that some are experiencing?

• What QR Version is displayed in the driver menu? Does it recognize after booting up without steering wheels and then attaching them?

Otherwise, the bug that the steering wheels were not recognized was fixed with 456.  Just for testing, install 456 and try it. However, this version has another disconnection problems of QR but the recognizing works fine everytime.

• edited March 6

PC, Clubsport DD plus, Driver 456 and 455

Fanatec Clubsport DD plus not working in F1 2020. The WB is only working in the menu. In the Race there is FFB-Loss and loss of most button funtions in PC Mode and in PC Compatibility mode after a few seconds.

I also tried to revert back to driver 455 from 456 but no luck so far.

any suggestions?

When will Fullforce finally arrive?

• Fullforce depends on when the game developers include it

• DD+Hello!!. I have installed V456 on DD+. And at the moment I have not suffered disconnections with the Porsche volate and the button module. But when I touch the funky switch the left funky switch is activated and remains fixed and you see the mouse arrow circulate on the screen. Also if I press the button to enter the tuning menu. It activates as if it wanted to look to the side and stays there. With the camera on the right side. Then all the funky right and it gets back to good. Does this happen to anyone else with PBME? Thank you!!

PBME

V3

V456 completo

• Don't all respond at the same time!! ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!. Nobody else has fake entries with the funky ones. In addition, the rotary steps also fail. I have also noticed that it is not possible to center the steering wheel by pressing the menu button and then pressing the two funky buttons. Has anyone tried this. thank you!!!

• New DD Extreme using the factory supplied wheel on PS5 playing GT 7 exclusively. Installed updated firmware with no issues. When it works...it works well. Random dissconects and freezes. Dont trust it.

After reading all these comments, , it appears to be an issue with the QR firmware with no reliable fix available at the moment. Sounds like you can try different things but assume the risk of bricking and then your stuck.

Best bet is to wait ,remove the unit, put my dd pro back on and wait for for the next update hoping it fixes it or return the damn thing for refund.

Is this a correct summary?

• Maurice,

Thank you for your prompt and to-the-point response. I respect that. I shall wait.

• edited March 8

yes.. So far it looks good to be on track for mid-march.

• Will it also fix the false pulsations of the funky switches as I mentioned a little above? The function of centering the steering wheel from the steering wheel itself will also be applied. It was very useful to be able to center the steering wheel while on the track. Thank you!

• Most likely no as that issue cant be reproduced, FunkySwitch and Joystick work properly for everyone else so looks like a hardware issue.

• I have also noticed that when the error occurs the wrong input of the left funky switch moves the pilot's camera. If I go to the control panel it shows me again that there is an update for the PBME when it has already been previously updated, apparently without any problem. So I don't understand....

• It doesn't happen when I connect the DD1. Only with DD+. Even when the error happens. And I press the menu button on the steering wheel. The camera changes as if it were looking to the left side. If I press it again it changes the camera to the right side and so on...

• Are you referring to a problem with DD+ or PBME? Thanks Maurice.

• edited March 8

There are quite a few known issues with the BME on CS DD but your specific one does not belong to them. I just re-tested and center calibration works properly because both FunkySwitch Press and Joystick press work correct. So it is not a firmware issue.

• Okay. I will return DD+ in that case. Since PBME works well in DD1. Thank you Maurice for your prompt response. Very thankful. Have a good weekend!!

• you definitely broke the steering wheel.

Quiet (RMA)

if all goes well after 2 months you will have it working again.

This discussion has been closed.