Fanatec Driver 456 (prev release candidate) for CSL, CS and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• On the DD1 PBME it works correctly. So I doubt it's broken. I had the doubt to resolve if it was the controller or the DD+ itself

• edited March 8

Yeah I also more think it's your CS DD. For sure it's not a general Firmware issue as otherwise more would be affected but apparently you are the only one and nobody else can reproduce it.

• the base is broken.

don't worry, RMA 2 months 3 half and you will surely be able to compete again.!!

• just yesterday I was talking to a friend about fanatec products.

in particular on the fact of the various programming errors.

I was wondering how is this possible?

and at the same time I was wondering how it was possible that sim hub a free program also gives you telemetry on the xbox and not fanatec (the famous SDKs).

Not to mention that the bases are defective from production and there is no quality control before shipping the products.

It is not possible that a leading company in the sim racing sector is so precarious in its services.

Disappointing I would say, as a fanatec customer I am deeply disappointed by the service and products.

And it's even more disappointing when by message they ask you to be patient without an actual response.

From November to today I still have to understand whether I am right to update my products or not.

What can I say... I don't see a long life.

• So you can see the problem Maurice. This would be the same in the game but what it does is change the camera from looking left to right. I have noticed that with Fanalab closed it is much more difficult to reproduce the error. And sometimes centering the steering wheel with the funky switches has worked. But it does not show the message on the screen like on the DD1.

• Well, what are CSL DD Pro owners experiences? Is this proper driver/fw for this wheelbase? Or major problems like with few earlier versions(I havent installed them, still use driver/fw few versions back)? I mean all platforms, PS5, XsX and Pc with this functionality question.

• I think the only issue there is that even after you update steering wheel firmware, it keeps asking you to update it again. Otherwise the CSL DD Pro doesn’t have the disconnect issues from what I am reading.

• Hi.

I am a new fanatec user

I have never had a problem with the order and delivery of a fanatec product.

ClubSport DD+ March 4, 2024 at 08:59 I paid via PayPal.

Delivered - March 7, 2024, 14:55:00

I also have a GT DD Pro 8nm

I'm using PS5

GTS, GT7

CSL Pedals CSL, Pedals Load Cell Kit

ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5"

Steering wheel Formula v2.5. Super steering wheel, once you grab it, don't let it go :))

I also have a GT children's steering wheel because I also have a GT DD PRO 8nm which is only four months old as I indicated above. I've only been using the 455 driver since the beginning.

Everything was updated within 15 minutes without the slightest problem. Tested for two days. Not a problem. There are a little finer details on CS DD+, those who own GT DD PRO 8nm and don't want FullForce  I wouldn't recommend. I don't know FullForce when it will come or if I will live to see it because I am a disabled pensioner.

I would welcome an official setting of CS DD+ because whoever offers a product should also take care of their product and not just sales. My setting SEN – AUTO

FFB – 42 I change according to the car

FULL STRENGTH - 50

NDP – 35

NFR – 2

NIN - off

INT – 4 I change according to the track car

FEI - 100

FOR – 100

SPR – 100

DPR – 100

BLI - OFF

SHO – HE

MPS – CAR

BRF – 50 personal preferences. In the game FFB – 5 fixed

Sensitivity - 1 fixed. Sorry my English is Google translator so curse at Google :)) I wish you as few problems as possible and lots of fun.

• DD+ Extreme

Latest Firmware and software 456/1070

PS5 GT7 between 5-10 minutes all FFB gone, and no buttons on the wheel work, attached pedals work fine.

• Hello. I just saw on the Facebook forum "fanatec owners group" that there are more cases like mine. I play on PC. And from what I see it also happens in PS. I have PBME and there are also users with BMR who have this same problem. It seems that it is no longer an isolated case. I think it would be worth doing a little research on this. Thank you!!

• they don't have time for research. it is important to take money from every new user who naively falls into the trap.

every new user who buys their products just sees all the massive ads everywhere and buys. and when they buy and finally start using it, problems start and then they only get to know the depth of the problem in this company.

my advice to everyone is to use old drivers, tested and working. don't be a victim of testing.

for csl dd, 451 is king and there is no need to install newer ones until everything is correct.

for cs dd, unfortunately, there is currently no correct driver that can be said to be safe to use. maybe in the future some 459, 460, 465, etc. will be safe to use.

• Read through the thread. That is the main problem right now. We’re waiting for the fix.

• Thanks for replying Howard, I see the 457 is supposed to fix it...is it possible to roll back the firmware to 454 and wait for 457?

• Hi,

Just updated driver to 456 last Monday, on my fanatec dd1 with hopes that it would maybe solve some micro disconnection I had with my base sometimes.

update finished, then I saw a base motor update so I started it, but it never ended, and base looked « disconnected » from the computer USB port, so after 1 hour wait I decided to unplug and plug back USB, still nothing happens. I restarted computer, still nothing. I tried to restart base, power button was not working anymore, base was stills running as I heard fans in the background.

1 or 10 or 30 seconds on power button didn’t changed anything base was not able to power off or restart. So I had to unplug from wall directly.

and now of course, base seems bricked. When I push power, I can hear fans at 100%, then it stops directly. If I push for 10 seconds, it stays on until I release button, even if I do it for 1 minute. But nothing more, impossible to enter bootloader mode or anything else. Base just shutdown at the moment I release power button…

of course I did all the updates from the past 3 years and no issue before this one, so I don’t think I did something stupid during the update.

i sent an incident request last Tuesday, no news for the moment… and my base is not under warranty anymore :D.

has someone already had same issue or something I could try? I think I tried everything possible to make it start again or even in bootloader but let’s hope I missed something…

• Farthest back you should go is 455. But the bug is in that version as well. Just it might not happen as often since the base firmware in 456 increased the amount of the data going to the WQR and it overloads and shuts down. The base firmware in 455 may not send as much data but the WQR chip can still shut down. The fix is supposed to be in the WQR firmware in 457. Fingers crossed.

• FYI

with the need for speed payback the thing about the steering wheel temples also happens, you need to disable force feedback so it stops shaking=unplayable

• I don't think it's serious for a company to use its customers as guinea pigs to test its products.

I believe that a product should be sold and sponsored only after testing.

Since I purchased my csl dd and had the first problem, I have spent entire days in this forum looking for a solution.

And going back from 2021 to today there are more problems than solutions.

Furthermore, the ping pong that Fanatec does with Xbox is absurd.

Even my t 248 trustmaster, display and buttons work.

The most scandalous thing is that even publicly they ask us to wait and be patient.

I could also wait.....but not 2 months.

And I think none of the users would want to wait 2 months and then send the base to GERMANY.

WE JUST WANT TO PAY AND PLAY.

WE DO NOT WANT YOUR APOLOGIES.

THANK YOU FANATEC.

• it would be interesting to organize all the dissatisfied users of FanaSCAM, go to Germany, and see what the big arrogant CEO would say to all those who are so disappointed and angry.

• Good morning!!. Is there a date (more or less) for the release of the v457 driver?? I would like to try before opening RMA and having to send the base. Thank you!!

• Gregor PaulGregor Paul Member
    edited March 11

I have the impression that the great CEO doesn't think it's necessary to speak out here at all. He doesn't bother with the customers as long as they pay diligently.

Apparently there is no such thing as “the customer is king” at Fanatec. Actually, it's a shame :-(

• Oké the update becomes nest week. But how much sure is it that the problems with connection failures are gone? It is really a disaster to race right Now😡

• Jesus LucenaJesus Lucena Member
    edited March 11

Hello Mauricio. And is it possible that they have reviewed my problem? If you check the photos I sent. You will see that the PBME firmware when the problem occurs goes from 24 to 255...sometimes also to 1. And if you close the control panel and open it again. It tells me to update it again to 24. I would upload a video as I press the Menu button on the steering wheel. If I am on Windows the arrow goes from right to left. And if I'm in the game it changes the pilot's camera from right to left too. But I don't know why it only loads one image. Thank you!!

Sorry. Google traductor

• Please post in English according to the forum rules.

• Hello Mauricio. And is it possible that they have reviewed my problem? If you check the photos I sent. You will see that the PBME firmware when the problem occurs goes from 24 to 255...sometimes also to 1. And if you close the control panel and open it again. It tells me to update it again to 24. I would upload a video as I press the Menu button on the steering wheel. If I am on Windows the arrow goes from right to left. And if I'm in the game it changes the pilot's camera from right to left too. But I don't know why it only loads one image. Thank you!!

• edited March 11

As I said, nobody internally has this issue so it cant be investigated and fixed. Definitely not for 457 or 458, if at all then maybe for 459 or 460 or later due to basically no ressources atm.

But still I stand by what I said: it sounds 99.999998% like a hardware issue, most likely of the QR Module of your base.

This discussion has been closed.