Fanatec Driver 457 (old discussion incl download) for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• Maurice! I got scared you left us. With everything going on at Fanatec, I’m glad they know who is so helpful to us customers.

• Fülöp BélaFülöp Béla Member
    edited July 7

Sorry, you're right, I wrote the wrong version number above. This is the right.

The 457 update is a disaster. Even though I rolled back the 455 update, it didn't become stable again. I struggled for a month before I put back the 454 update and the corresponding frimwares. All my components are stable again.

DD+ (12NM)

Wheel Base: 2.0.1.3

Fanatec Wheel 47

QR: 1.0.0.3

STABIL! 👌👌👌👌👌

• This just solved my disconnection problem on my V2.5 formula wheel, no more miss shift since I replace the original USB cable.

• Can someone from Fanatec tell me if we should still try the 2.1.0.4 DD(+) base hotfix from page 8 of this thread for the DD+ base? I am on 457 firmware plus Marcel’s WQR firmware update that he sent me but I still get a temporary disconnects/reconnects every so often. I want to make sure I am on the latest testbed. Thanks.

• Hi Howard,

can you please describe in more detail where you have disconnects? Which platform are you playing on and, above all, which game?

And which Fanatec steering wheel do you use?

Please also provide information on which track, race, car you had the disconnects?

That way others can also test it. Thank you very much.

The last hotfix from Marcel still applies, but disconnects can still occur sporadically. But in my case only on PS5 and in GT7.

• Yes it is happening with me in GT7 on the PS5. It is on the DD+ with Maurels WQR fix. But I haven’t tried the fix on page 8 with the base hotfix. The wheel is the podium hub with the button endurance and also recently the Podium BMW GT3 M4 wheel. It happens with various cars and tracks in GT7. The steering will go out for like 3 seconds and reconnect. It is sporadic and can or cannot happen during something like a 25 minute race.

• edited July 7

Btw the last cars I used recently in GT7 are the Honda Super Formula 2023 and the Red Bull x2019 Competition. It has also happened during license tests.

• Okay, thank you very much for your quick reply.

• No problem. Thanks for trying to help. I’ve only been playing gt7 so I can’t verify if things are already fixed on the PC game ends of things.

• There should no longer be a problem on the PC. At least I have no problems with the 457 driver on the PC.

• Have you applied both the 2.1.0.4 hotfix from page 8 of this thread and the WQR update that Marcel sends you? Just double checking. Thanks.

• Were are any new driver updates? So much bugs but not a single important fix! 457 was planed to be released in march but it came end of april. It's over two months now and not a single update. When will the next update be released that actually fixes something which should have been fixed a long time ago? Some brands fix hardware problems sooner than fanatec fixes it's software!

• I had the same problem with disconnections on PS5. Try connecting it to the front USB-C port, with a USB-C to USB-C cable. For me it was the only solution.

• Might be true for the CSL DD Pro and the like but no one has suggested it as a solution for the CS DD(+). Do you have a CSL base?

• I had the csl dd pro, it was with it that I had the problem. Now I have the cs dd+ and I still connect it to USB-C without problems. (I haven't tried connecting it to the normal rear USB...)

• Is there any more direction from Fanatec on how to proceed with this CS DD(+) issue? What is the optimal current firmware configuration? Has there been any more progress made internally? I haven’t read of any updates in the last couple of weeks. I can try the USB C cable but I have my doubts.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited July 8

Howard Heisler

i think that not hurts for try, the USB.

if there is any oxidation in contacts, it to may cause issues

• Hi Howard,

I have tested both the hotfix from page 8 and the hotfix from Marcel. I am still using driver 457 with the hotfix from Marcel. There are rarely disconnects, but they still exist.

Which QR2 are you using on your wheels, the black or gold one?

Do you use the USB cable in a cable bundle with the power cable from the base, or separately? I'm currently testing it separately.

• I have tried both QR2 varieties. That, I think, would be a bit far fetched if that was an issue. I am using the USB cable that came with the base and plugged in to the front of the PS5 in a USB A port. Thanks for the info on the firmware fixes you have tried. The fact that the disconnects went from “have to reboot the base” to “some soft disconnects” to “sporadic soft disconnects” with firmware upgrades makes me think it is still a firmware issue.

• The issue that the base has to be restarted should be fixed with driver 457. This only occurred with driver 456. With driver 457, the interruption only lasts 2-3 seconds at most. But a restart of the base is no longer necessary. There are only soft disconnects.

I already have the new PS5 Slim Edition, which only has the USB ports on the back.

The QR was just an idea.

In my opinion, the soft disconnects only occur on the PS5. I haven't read of it happening again on the PC.

I also play on PC in different sims and haven't had a disconnect in months. Mind you, only on PC!

By the way, I use the original black QR from Fanatec and the gold one from Leoxz.

Greetings, Thomas

• Thanks. I would like to hear from Fanatec what the current status is. I am already about to return a component I bought recently since I don’t want to sink more money into the eco system until this is resolved. I am not going to invest in more wheels and the like until this issue is solved. I play mostly on the PS5 but I didn’t realize that the issue is mostly there. I haven’t heard anything from the Fanatec people confirming that it is only on the PS5, but it is plausible.

• I understand. Support is still working on a solution, but I can imagine that it is difficult to narrow down or recreate the problem.

My personal experience is that the problems with the 456 driver also occurred on both platforms. With 457 incl. hotfix it only occurs very sporadically. Only on the PS5...

I am convinced that support is working on solutions in the background.

However, the problem is not trivial or easy to solve. We need patience.

• I know we have others issues to solve but has anyone any idea when gt7 implement full force will it be this year at all? The base is out a good while now and still no news on it.

• That's going to be up to pd, so maybe never? They don't seem to be in any kind of rush to get it in. If anything they will just mess it up, like the nerf of the DD+ base.

• You really need to use a rear USB port. The front PS5 USB is notorious for this sporadic disconnect issue. In general, you should use always use a direct motherboard USB-A 2.0 connection with the Fanatec wheelbases. Using USB 3.0, USB-C, or front ports on either a PC or console will create issues.

• I’ve never seen this posted by Fanatec. I use USB 3.0 on my PC without issues. And Thomas just wrote he uses the rear ports on his PS5 with the same issue. We desperately need direction from Fanatec what to do. But probably as Thomas said, they don’t have a solution yet and are working on it. That is why I am going to reduce my expenditure and return some equipment because I don’t feel good about the situation.

• I use the front USB-C port of PS5 with my DD+ without disconnect or freezing issue. Base FW is from 454.

• I use rear still get odd disconnect so it’s not that.

• The Xbox consoles have three USB 3.0 ports: two on the back and one on the front (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One S or Xbox One X) or the left side (original Xbox One). Maybe it's the PS5, the Xbox people don't seem to have any problems. Maybe someone should ask Sony what they can do before Fanatec continues looking for problems that could lie somewhere else, namely with Sony. Just a thought.

• If it is a Sony only issue, then Fanatec needs to get help from Sony if needed. Sony and gt7 hasn’t updated anything as far as I know and the other Fanatec bases work. So the DD(+) should work as well. But we haven’t got any mention of this from Fanatec. Like I stated, we need an update on the current status from them.

This discussion has been closed.