Fanatec Driver 457 (old discussion incl download) for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• i turn today csl dd on and then suddenly steering wheel todo allot circles and not allow shut down the base, so needed take power out for make restart.

after adding back everything was ok like nothing happened. i suspect that software send something to the base what made him crazy after tuning that on

• Does anyone know when the issue with the screen and steering wheel LEDs of the DD Extreme pack will be fixed?

• edited July 13

Which issue do you mean?

The not correctly working ITM which shows wrong and weird values and often freezes is currently not being worked on and will take a lot of time to get fixed, if that is what you mean...? Or do you mean the general issue of the CS DD where a lot of Button and Dpad LEDs wont light up properly? That.. is also not being worked on...

• edited July 13

itm, yes... isn't it being worked on? So they sell a bad product and don't even plan to fix it?

• edited July 13

There are currently no ressources to fix the ITM issues on the GT X and it is not being worked on right now, no. Other issues have more prio, like the disconnection issue, which everyone is focused on atm.

• Okay, so we'll wait to see if things are resolved little by little. By the way, I received my dd+ base from rma and it arrived with firmware 455 and it works fine. Do you recommend leaving it like this?

• What Is the best/Safe driver to update to for the CSL DD 8nm?

• Hi all I received my bundle DD+ and F1 wheel a week ago, I was obviously quite nervous about the firmware update..

config received

Base DD+ 2.0.0.17

F1wheel 0.3.5.0

QR 0.6.6.5

updated with driver 455

new config

base 2.0.1.4

wheel no update necessary

QR 1.0.0.3

My pedals are csl elite load cell, II play with PS5 and mainly GT7, using the received USB cable on the front USB of PS5

I have had no problem until now, crossing the fingers 😀

• This applies also for GT DD PRO 8nm?

I have 455 how can Inget 457?

Is it already officially released?

• Yes. The firmware from PC Driver 457 is perfectly stable with the DD Pro 8nm.

• Okay I'll give it a try...

Are there any other hot fixes or something ,or it's just enough to install/update my current 455 driver with this one?

• Not that I'm aware of. The DD Pro is a solid base with the latest PC firmware from 457. Any bug issues you're reading about on this forum as of late are for the DD+ base.

• Just updated, it showed only Base update everything else was up to date from 455...

I checked CSL pedals loadcell kit also and fanatec software couldn't read current version which was 1.8 (bottom left showed 0.0 version) and showed update available but when I opened update window it said up to date...

Did a test run on GT7 30min race everything was good 👍

• good evening everyone, I have just installed the 457 drive on a GT Pro 8nm and I continue to have disconnections, the steering wheel loosens and the gear shift paddles stop working as well as all the buttons. I noticed that when I connect it to the PC it shows me the driver version for both the base and the steering wheel but the wireless firmware qr is written 0.0.0.0, does anyone have the same problem? how can I solve it?

• That indicates a serious hardware damage of the WQR module and you should contact the support.

• so is the wqr module bricked? after only 7 month of use?

• Apparently, yes.

• do you think I can dismantle it, clean the USB-C and try the update again or should I put my soul at rest and wait for the biblical times of assistance? It makes me feel a little crazy to have to stay without driving after such an expense.

• Simone :

Before contacting assistance you can try to loosen the shaft, forcefully push the shaft towards the base and then close everything with a force of at least 15 nm.

Then try updating everything again.

Let me know.

• Good morning everyone, yesterday I manually reflashed the base motor, base wheel and steering wheel and the qr firmware came back to 6.... and I don't remember because I'm at work now. everything started working properly again without any freeze for 3 hour session. I noticed that reflashing everything kept my custom settings on the steering wheel except the DPR! Leaving it off everything works perfectly. as I go to change that value the freezes start again

• Are there currently any ongoing works to add compatibility with the GT Extreme wheel for the GT DD Pro wheelbase? Or are there any such plans at all?

• No, there are currently no ongoing works to add that compatibility. It is still planned for sometime in the future though, but right now top prio is the CS DD disconnection issue.

• Did you tighten the shaft bolt properly?

If you have the qr1 lite and have a very high ffb, disconnections can happen.

The only alternative is qr 2.(200 Euro)

• Exactly, I have a crappy QR1, and I am furious with the manufacturer because they sell you a product that stops working in less than 7 months due to its ridiculous plastic design, and they sell it to you with an 8nm wheel! They should at least sell the QR2 at a discounted price to those who already have the QR1 since it's their design problem; otherwise, they wouldn't have released another one after just 2 months! Anyway, I tightened everything, and it seems to work fine for now, but I'm keeping the FFB low to avoid disconnections so at least I can play! Serious companies that produce a defective product recall it and replace it for free since it's their design flaw!

• I've made a lot of swear words in this forum.

I also took it out on a guy who works here on the forum (it's not his fault).

I also did a 4 month RMA.

Like you, I searched the forum and found the answers.

Try to also keep the screws on the steering wheel QR side tight and you will see that you will be able to play for longer.

waiting for it to switch to qr2.

• Hello to everyone,

do anyone here knows something about the picture below? It popped up to my wheelbase while I was playing, and when it pops up my screen starts freezing..I have never seen that issue before, maybe it happens because of the heat or something like that?? Thanks in advance guys!!

• edited July 17

As you can read in the manual, that is a Analysis Page which can be accessed by pressing and holding the Tuning Menu Button and then pressing the FunkySwitch Dpad left/right. There are 4 of such pages. Just scroll through all of them until you are back at the default FANATEC page if you dont want to see any of such data but just the FANATEC branding.

Entering/Exiting the Tuning Menu (or such pages) is known to cause short freezes of the game on PS, thats normal.

This discussion has been closed.