Fanatec Driver 457 (old discussion incl download) for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• Sadly, for me, I can confirm it hasn’t addressed the disconnection issues.. started up the new update, two disconnects within 1 lap around Eiger in the 97 M3.. two restarts of the wheel. A further 2 disconnections over the next 30 minutes of gameplay.. I am seriously at a loss????

first two disconnects seem to coincide with understeer again, the last two were completely random….

• edited July 25

• Hi everyone. After updating the Podium DD2 to driver 457 and firmware 3.1.0.7. unfortunately for me, I had constant disconnections during my races on iRacing. This continues to happen randomly and for a few seconds with the engine base deactivated, causing disastrous off-track runs and irreparable damage to the car. I therefore wanted to ask you how to downgrade the drivers to version 455 and firmware 3.0.4.3, hoping to solve this problem. I'm not very expert so I thought I'd ask for help and assistance here hoping for your help, also because this weekend I have a 6 hour NEC (Nurburgring Endurance Championship) race and if I can't solve it I'm practically ruined.

The following is my current configuration of the Podium DD2 with the McLaren v2 steering wheel which has been causing these disconnection problems for weeks now

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited July 25

Stefano Cocco

when you open Firmware manager there is button for this for downgrade the firmware, i usually using that and after that i update either 451 or 455 ?

i think my DD2 have still the 455 firmware and not even upgrade that yet so i not even know if there is any disconnect issue , in CSL dd i use the 457 because it have some firmware issue in 455

• Hello to the whole community.

After reading the entire article on this 457 driver, I am really hesitant to install it, I have a GT DD PRO 8NM (bundle) with CSL pedals and loadcell, what do you recommend? Which driver should I install and with what patch or other update for my package? I don't know much about it and I see that there are several driver, QR, firmware configurations and I'm a little lost. Thanks a lot for your help .

• edited July 25

The many negative messages are basically all from CS DD users and not from GT DD Pro users.

457 is the best driver package you currently can install for CSL DD and GT DD Pro - so just do it and then follow the automatic update procedure and shown steps then nothing can go wrong.

• edited July 25

• edited July 25

Wow, what a quick response! Thank you very much Maurice, I'll go ahead and install it, thank you again for your responsiveness and I'll keep you informed on its proper functioning.

• The problem is the qr 1 lite. if n9n you can face a cost of 200.00 euros, you have to tighten the shaft and steering wheel side screw well. Avoiding d8 change steering wheel. Let me know, bye.

• Thanks Leandro, I suspect it (QR1 Lite) is a part of the issue.. I have now changed the clamp on the shaft to double sided too.. I was hoping that would help.. I have tightened all screws on the wheel side also, those attaching the QR and the ones where the pins are located.. Im wondering if metal QR1 would help..I assume QR2 would, but I don't want to throw away more money.

I feel it's a hardware/software combination.. I'll install 457 again tonight as Marcel has suggested to others, and see (but the disconnects happened with it previously too which is why I rolled back to 454). I am using GT DD Pro.. have no other wheels so never change it.. I will untick the save tuning menu settings when I install 457 and see if that helps too?? (I assume that means the tuning settings will reset to "factory")

If that doesn't work. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Then I just don't know..

• With the new GT7 update, is it safe to flash the 457 driver to DD Extreme. I've downloaded the 457 package and installed it on the windows pc. However the moment I connect the wheel, all sorts of dll errors pop up. I'm resetting the PC now (its only used for fanatec updates) but wanted to check if anyone else had the same issues?

• Is this 457 safe to install? With the new GT7 update it feels like it needs to be installed but with this many issues and apparently horrible customer service I would hate to have disconnect issues with a wheel that has been with me for less than 2 months. This was not cheap to have this kind of issues.

Wheel Base: ClubSport DD+ (15Nm)

Wheel: ClubSport F1 Wheel

If safe to install? Where can I download this from?

• 1 day has passed and no one said there's freeze/disconnects with FW in driver 457. It's a good sign. The above disconnect was because of QR1, not 457.

If no other people are reporting freeze issue here within next few weeks, then I guess it's safe to upgrade to 457.

• What about Podium bases? with 457 i have miss shifts, cogging damper, etc... when downgraded, all of these problems go away.

• Missing shifts with what wheel? I got the same problem with my F V2.5 and the latest wheel drivers in 457

• What a shitshow this has become! Without Maurice everything would fall aparat.

• Hi Raymond, if you're referring to the disconnects that I have experienced and the Possibke QR1 issues, it's by no means verified that QR1 is the issue.. I will be loading 457 soon hopefully and will test again.. last time I tried it I did experience disconntions.. Im hoping this time I don't 🤞🏼

• BWX 232BWX 232 Member
    edited July 26

Well I just created a post detailing a wheel freeze with video and all info, and and edited comment after trying to embed video in post. Then my entire post disappeared with popup message "comment will appear after approved" or something like that. Now entire post is gone.

Wheel freeze at 8:55 in video

test - https://youtu.be/pWBnBXUc8b0?si=IIf31eeZBjvsDX04&t=534

Maybe a mod or admin can approve post so I don't have to completely rewrite it.

• You guys need to reduce the ffb and reset the filters. Games like (gt7-f. Motorsport) have trueforce vibrating too much causing disconnection in the sensitive qr1 and base shaft. You must tighten the shaft and steering wheel screws well and lower ffb. No more disconnection on the 457 driver for months.

• BWX 232BWX 232 Member

GT7 doesn't have Fullforce implemented yet for Fanatec wheels.

• Here we talk above all about GT7 and Forza Motorsport. Surely the sensitive QR oscillation causes loss of disconnection. If you notice, there are no reports of his qr2.

• BWX 232BWX 232 Member

Cranking down FFB in a $1000 wheel with 15 nm of torque when it's at 50 to 80% already and 3/10 max torque in game doesn't seem like a viable solution and doesn't make any difference anyways in all my testing.

• I understand you, now you will have to spend another 200 euros to play at 15 nm. Anyway, also try checking USB cables and power supply. In my case I had constant disconnection with loss of buttons. I tightened the screws on the flying screw shaft and I haven't had a disconnection for months. Maybe only once but I had exaggerated ffb and I could clearly hear the qr 1 lite creaking. I lowered the ffb and today I play without any problems.

• @Leandro Goncalves

Please just stop talking about the wheel pin screws and QR1. Like me, BWX 232 has a DD+ and your comments about QR1 don’t apply to us. We also both have brand new bases shipped to us by Fanatec in exchange for our bases that they asked us to send back for them to study and we both have had disconnections with these new bases. So there obviously is something wrong and that’s why they said everybody on their end is dedicated to fixing the DD/DD+ disconnection issues

• BWX 232BWX 232 Member

Leandro Goncalves

Yeah that doesn't apply to me. I have a metal QR2 and GT DD Extreme, which if my post didn't get moderated and held for review, all the relevant info would have been there. Hopefully an admin can approve the post, if they don't within a day or two I'll compile all the info again and make a new post.

• There is no admin who can do that.

This discussion has been closed.