Fanatec Driver 457 (old discussion incl download) for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• I have this:

1 USB plug for in the ps5. The USB from the wheel goes in 1 of the 4 USB sockets. And there is an adapter to power the hub.

• Thank you Marcel, I have ordered a similar one which will hopefully arrive tomorrow..

interestingly today, I tried a different usb cable( brand new) from the wheel to the PS5.. had 4 disconnects within a couple of minutes first one was within seconds of starting a race.. switched back to the other cable I had been using and it was much more stable, still disconnected, but only twice in 20 minutes.. definitely think there’s something weird with the USB connection..

• Yes, it is definitely the usb connection. For me it started after 5 or 6 weeks. Tried every advice, but nothing worked. Then I changed the usb cable with an expensive usb cable and since I had no disconnects till 5 months ago. It started slowly, only in the menu and in the pits, so when there was low input. Eventually it got worse again. Send it back to Fanatec with RMA, but I have a feeling they did nothing and nothing changed. I think the usb hub gives a constant input to the usb port of the ps5 and that's why it doesn't disconnect anymore, or something like that?

• Maurice any update or progress on the main soft disconnect issue most are having. Have ye been able to replicate it.

• Hi folks I wondering if there is any update on the sequential gearing issue using the WRC hub on ps5 has been fixed yet? If not idea on time that’s been 8 months now?

• edited July 30

Hello again,

so this afternoon I hooked up the powered USB hub and have just finished testing. Raced for just over an hour, and not one disconnect. Felt as solid as a rock! 10 laps of Watkins Glen, 1 lap of Nordschleife, 5 laps of Monza, another lap of Nordschleife, 5 laps of Barcelona, all completely fine, in fact amazing! One final lap of Nordschleife to finish….. two disconnections ☹️. Wheel required restart both times.

overall I would say the powered USB hub is a winner, but I was hopeful it would end the disconnects completely, sadly not so, but I haven’t been able to race for an hour without a disconnect for an extremely long time so pretty happy with that.

@Marcel Bot, have you had disconnects since you switched to the powered USB hub?

• Last night, I too progressed to a power USB hub, things looking positive. I am primarily a GT7 racer.

I raced all the night of the last update (thursday) with no disconnects. I had a couple on Friday and saturday night in 3.5 hour sessions and on sunday, 1 disconnect in 3.5 hours. Monday night in 3.5 hours, zero disconnects after using the powered hub.

Im using a 7 port powered hub, just what I could find off hand without any investment. Its a bit large and cumbersome, but if it continues Ill buy something dedicated.

• Marcel BotMarcel Bot Member
    edited July 30

I had not 1 disconnect anymore, since I use the powered usb hub.

I also never had to restart my wheel, so I think these last 2 disconnects could be something else?

@ james, good to hear, hope you stay connected.

• I have a dd+ that had disconnect issues after reading the forum I installed 457. Now the problem has switched to a 3 or so second freeze. Just long enough to put me in a wall. I cannot participate in league races with this. Any solution out there? I've submitted a ticket as well as other emails. Haven't heard anything yet. I've tried switching usb's. Happens across multiple games and rims.

• i have a suggestion for those of you with random disconnects or inexplicable issues. depending on the construction of your racing rig (or desk or whatever you might be using) you can have static electricity buildup, which can wreak havoc with devices that are a) mounted to the rig and b) connected to your PC or console. for YEARS i fought such issues with USB hubs, USB cables with ferrite chokes and so on, but the one thing that instantly solved it was an ESD grounding cable like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08V5D9L7L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it simply plugs into a wall outlet but only the ground prong, and you clip the other end to something on your rig - in my case i clipped it to one of the bolts i use to mount the pedals to my pedal plate. this effectively grounds your whole rig and eliminates issues caused by ESD.

not saying it WILL fix any and all such issues of course, but it's such a cheap and easy thing to try for those of you at wit's end trying to fix inexplicable disconnects.

• Hello again,

Thanks Molly, I added a grounding cable to the rig this evening, raced for 45 minutes without any issues. I didn’t have time to do any more , but I am hoping that between the powered USB hub and the ground cable , maybe things are resolved.. I will definitely update after I get the chance to drive more.

thanks everyone for your areas and assistance.

• !For CLUBSPORT DD+ users in Ps5 consoles with disconnections !

Try using your wheelbases though PS4 mode. That works for me perfect Since last Monday. I have no disconnections in this mode. It might not work for everyone.

• Before the company goes bankrupt can some please fix the lack of sequential gearing on PlayStation for the WRC wheel and hub

• Dubz23Dubz23 Member

i'm using a DDX with FW 457 with 2.1.0.4 hotfix. Works well but had a quick disconnect (more of a loss of connection maybe 2 secs) during a race (GT7) was looking to get the Wireless QR FW 1.1.0.3 as after reading through this thread the most stable combo for the DDX seems to be 457 with 2.1.0.4 hotfix and Wireless QR FW 1.1.0.3.

Hoping Marcel or Maurice provide me with that firmware.

Thanks in advance....

• Hi Guys, anyone can help? Trying to update my wheel but it doesn't work. It connects to my pc (you also hear the 'sound' usb connecting). I can see the wheel in fanatec program and i can click the update. When it starts after a few seconds you hear that 'sound' from the pc like usb connection is gone. Base starts to flash blue. After a minute it wil say no connection with the wheel. Im on version 455. Anyone?

• BWX 232BWX 232 Member

Mine was stable with those firmwares until GT7 1.49 and then I was getting feezing again. Could be coincidence, not sure. Tried light blue mode on base and no more freezing. Worth a try.

• Hi, i think i solved the problem by downgrading the base to the 454 driver, the QR driver is updated with the 2.1.0.4 hotfix and the wheel (v2.5x) is updated with the 457. On GT7 I took part in 2h endurance races without problems.

• Are you talking to QR1 or QR2? I received QR2 yesterday, but I haven't had time to set it up yet. I'll do it today! Can you tell me what the best firmware pairing for QR2 is?

• Same as what he already said. There's no difference in WQR firmware between QR1 and QR2.

• One other thought..

Is there a preferred start up sequence for PS5 and DD Pro?

Currently I power on the PS5, then the wheel base..

Just wondering if it makes any difference. (I feel like it shouldn't)

Thanks

• edited August 2

Sorry about all the posts..

Another random thought (I'm literally trying to troubleshoot everything) ..

Could dry solder of components be an issue in some bases? I know that this can cause connectivity issues..

(Sorry I know that's not software related)

Thanks

• Planning to, I wasn’t going to be able to jump on for a few days , so thought I would ask and get thoughts of others in the meantime.

cheers.

• Just passing this on for anyone that cares,

Pretty sure I’ve tried every possible combination of “fixes” now.. still getting disconnected.

different start up sequence

PS4/compatibility mode

zero difference trying both..

🤷🏻‍♂️

• I can confirm that for 5 days, since connected via a powered usb hub, I no longer have a disconnect issue. Thank you. I now have the wheel base I ordered and wanted. I ran for 3.5 hours every night with no issues.

Now to fix the weak ffb issue since gt7 update 1.49.

Again my thanks to the team and users here, I hope the team have and assured future.

• Updated to QR2 and with a USB hub, no disconnections for 3 days of gaming so far! I believe the credit goes to the QR2, really solid

• i guess you talk about some other disconnect because DD/DD+ comes already with qr2

This discussion has been closed.