DD pro to DD +

Hi, just ordered a Clubsport DD+ upgrading from DD pro. What can I expect from this upgrade other than more Nm?

Comments

• Isnt that something one should ask BEFORE spending the money?...

I would advise you to watch some Youtube review, thats certainly the best way to see for what you have spent your money.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited September 11

DD/+ technically they to have faster chip compared DD pro

for customer it means DD/+ to have faster reaction times

aka user may feel car better in track when he drives

about youtube videos, don't believe everything what you see at there. some guys only promo stuff and they not may actually care about fanatec or any other company

• I agree but I don't entirely trust youtube. Look at F1 24, I hated 23 but enjoy 24 despite reviews.

• Thankyou for your reply. Hoping for an upgrade even if subtle.

edited September 12

sooner or later people at youtube would started complain issues.

because they may start run out patience

• I went from DD Pro to DD+. Was happy enough w the Pro, but wanted a bit more - the DD+ is a noticeably richer experience. So no regrets and no issues. If/when trueforce is supported in games even better

edited September 12

if you not have issues with your hardware then fanatec probaply should self call those products back who they think what may have issues.

you not have issue but there are already youtube videos out who talking opposite. fanatec does suspect that there was some products what causing issues other way they would not ask the hardware serial numbers from customers

what happens is they are letting those people suffer atm who have issues and those people may simply start run out patience

edited September 12

also i think its great if it's work for you.

but look now opposite

imagine if someone tells pedals not work for example.

so what customer can think off this then?

what i to-do with this hardware if i can't even drive.

all this small details what customer may read out from product, he may decide not for buy that at all

• that what i mean by default if dig into youtube

only what new customer can read out off this is , issue, issue, issue, problems, problems

even tho not everyone actually have those issues

• i personally still think that DD2 is a Fanatec best product, Not many have that big balls for add 5 year warranty

• Allan I’m only sharing my experience regarding DD Pro vs DD+ as the OP was asking.

As I said my unit works fine and I’m very happy w it. I follow a lot of threads regarding this and I am aware of and feel sorry for those who are having issues. There are a range of issues reported. Some have workarounds as been noted here.

not everyone is suffering, and I don’t really care about what the latest YouTube basher has to say as there is no new useful information to be had from them

This thread was added to collect data about which units have issues. Also for people to report if they have found a workaround. Are your posts adding new useful data or workarounds? If so great, thx.

But you have made many of the same points before such as above so not really adding anything new here

edited September 13

i understand that you sharing you experience, but like i tell already not all talk same stuff.

i personally not like play lottery, one wins and another not

DD/+ are better for sure from DD pro but i think they should fixed issues by now what they facing

also its not my youtube video, it's just a random guy what poped up

Maurice Böschen told look at youtube, user could easily pop also for simply that video and tell i cancelled order

• As I said, every little jab at Fanatec. You're not here to help, but rather to bury.

edited September 13

im just simple customer, i can't help fanatec, i not have that much money for buy them out this situation and make self changes what i seen what they should todo already

you new here, but i stared see issues already last year when fanatec issues not even started jet

edited September 13

like Maurice Böschen tell sometime ago, some stuff comes from top self, even they workers cant make decisions

• I have made the same upgrade and this is my feedback:

• Better quality materials in the shaft area (alloys, bigger bearings, beefier shaft over all, etc)
    • Much more rigidity in the base shaft, no flex at all
    • Smoother ffb (+30% or so)
    • Way faster ''reading'' of the sim's/game's ffb code
    • Less ''robotic'' feel when tuning (can be tunned with lower filter values, NDP/NFR/NIN, for the same amount of power in nm)
    • Way faster response
    • FULFORCE (still waiting for this API but as i test it in the Demo through 457 driver it is a game changer)
    • CAN port futureproof  (for future Fanatec peripherals)

As a stand alone wheelbase:

• GT DDpro 8nm 600€ aka (75€/nm)
    • Clubsport DD+ 15nm 1000€ aka (67€/nm)

• only if they added Fullforce also in the DD2 i would probaply already long time ago stared dev this thro modding and add the game and promo that in my sim race community how good it is and how and what i feel about that. unfortunately they not added that the DD2 so for me there nothing talk about this

• looks like they finally fixed the pedal issue, very good news.

also they tell that they fixed PS5 disconnect issue