CSL elite pedals v2 Control box/unit with other pedals that have rj12 connectors

So i was checking the Sim-lab's XP1 pedal set the other day, and i noticed that each pedal connects to a control unit through a RJ12 cable.

My thoughts were what if i connect these pedals on my csl elite v2 control box ? would they work ?

I mean both sets have 200kg loadcell on the brake and both gas and clutch pedals are hall effect sensors. I can suspect that it shouldn't be just plug and play, but would such a mod need only a redirection for the (red/yellow/blue/etc) internal cables on the rj12 connector?

#also waiting for the CSPv4

Comments

• Not working.

• It actually works. It requires a knowledge of electronics and soldering. The order of the pins in the RJ12 cables of similar pedals is different in fanatec. Fanatec v2 wiring diagram was shared before. Throttle and clutch 3 pins. (Vcc, ground, Vout) it is easy to determine which cable is which with a multimeter. Pedal 4 pin loadcell (+out, -out, +exc, -exc) You can find the right order with a little experimentation. If you are unlucky, your 16th attempt will be successful. I connected my Asetek Forte pedal to the v2 motherboard in this way and I enjoy using it. Simlab also adopts a production style similar to Asetek. Much more premium and quality pedals compared to old fanatec designs.

• i think what Maurice Böschen means is, that you cant just buy that and plug in into the fanatec product and it starts work.

sure it can work if make some modifications

• Generally, no brand makes products that are compatible with competitor brands. Fanatec changes the RJ12 cable order, while Asetek uses a molex socket that is not easily found. But if you can handle the wiring, the boards are similar.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited October 3

you just can buy fanatec pedals and add all the electronics to the other pedals, and they start act like fanatec pedals

there is always possible make them to work in some other product.