Fanatec Driver 462 (release candidate) for CSL, CS and Podium (all wheels)

1234568»

Comments

• updated from 456 to 462 (wheel, pcb, base) had disconnection issues around every 30 min. so far no problems

CS DD+

• Hi.

thanks for the updated software. Is there a plan to fix the rally button module led screen (for example gear shifts in EA rally)?

also, are all issues resolved with the BMW M4 GT3 Lights?

thanks.

• Hi Maurice & Marcel, just an observation after upgrading from 455 to 462 on my DD+. During a race yesterday I experienced a jerk/knock from the wheelbase and the force feedback immediately felt a bit weaker and the details mushy. It does seem to resume to normal after a few mins or it could be I have closed and start up another session. I have not experienced this on 455 before. Also take note that I did not have disconnection issue on 455, I upgraded to 462 to fix the wheelbase not detecting the PBMR issue and it did fix it. Just want to check with you guys if this has been reported or observed by other users?

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited October 18

does this jerk/knock happen in ACC ? someone talked about clipping

• Interesting to hear about ITM. Does this also apply to FullForce?

I don't suppose you could give a very rough estimate for when ITM and FullForce might be coming to GT7 / DD+? Can't wait!! :)

FWIW, my DD+ with driver 455 works fine, so I'm a bit hesitant to switch to 462 now. My understanding is that 462 doesn't give me any new features or improved performance/quality, right? So if 455 works fine for me, there's probably no need for me to update right now?

But congrats on finally having managed to fix the connection issues some users had. Being a dev myself, I can imagine how relieved your whole dev team must be, after having fought with the problems for so long.

• How's this with CSL DD/pro? Anyone tried yet / reasonable good or with some problems? On the other hand 154 (if I remember right which driver I have just now...) is just fine with CSL DD Pro. I use base on all platforms, PS5, XsX, PC.

• Hello Richard, thank you for your reply. I have done the update 462 and no problem the driver works well but I still have this problem with the FEI that I can not put to 100% because there are huge vibrations and tremors inside the base even by lowering it a little, but it is another subject so I will create a discussion about it on the forum and thank you again for your help.

• 1st: No, EA needs to add an option to disable the native LEDs so we can enable them in FanaLab.

2nd: No.

• ClubSport DD(+) Base: 2.2.3.7 + CS SW Formula V2.5X:1.0.2.0 xbox mode still missing,works fine under pc & ps mode.

must downgrade to 455,why???

• This has been the case at least since April. Why hasn’t this been addressed? IMO this needs to be put in the product listing as incompatible. I paid for a product with a feature that doesn’t actually exist. It’s false advertising.

• I guess I am trying to understand whether there is intent and a plan for the button lights on the very expensive BMW wheel to work well with the Clubsport DD +. Thanks.

• Jack PickettJack Pickett Member
    edited 10:12AM

Have a ClubSport DD, Pedals v3, and Shifter v1.5 with 462 and all firmware installed.

Only major issue is APM upper paddles not working on a UHUB v2.

Don't know if your supporting older wheels, the Type F adapter was never released for QR1, however I have converted them all with QR2 adapters and my testing follows.

Porsche 918 RSR is recognized and all buttons and shifters work perfectly.

BMW M3 GT2 v1 also is recognized and all buttons work. I have removed the shifters but expect they also work.

Can't test my Formula Carbon right now.

Universal Hub v1 is recognized as a XBOX version. All buttons work however the shifters (buttons 6 and 5), do not. If you press the buttons 12 and 11 on top of the hub, the shifters are illuminated as being pressed. Hope this can be fixed.

• David MolnarDavid Molnar Member
    edited 10:40AM

Hi Guys,

I see the website's Driver page has been updated with the 462. Does it mean that this is now the officially released driver?

I am asking, because the PC app does not detect any new downloadable firmware (still using 455) when I click Check for Update.

Thanks a lot!

• Upper APM paddles not working on CS DD is a known firmware issue to be fixed at some point in the future.

• Yes, this means 462 is now "official". The update notifications will be triggered next week as it needs some change in the backend and now is weekend and everyone is at the Expo ;)

• Fülöp BélaFülöp Béla Member
    edited 12:09PM
    • HY Gays !

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): DD+ (15 NM)
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R Leather+ PAPM+ Button Modul+ Podium HUB+ QR2
    • Driver Version: 467
    • Base FW Version: 2.2.3.7
    • Steering Wheel Hub : 6
    • Button Module : 24
    • Wireless QR: 1.1.0.3
    • Platform: PS5
    • Game: ACC
    • Link: https://youtu.be/e92topy3B5U?si=e5-xiKXXJSazVkYv

Unfortunately, the error occurred again. After an hour of racing, the FFB switched off, and switching was not possible.

Going back to update 454, it didn't turn off the wheel there.

• Yes, I'm so sorry!

I wrote it wrong. Guys...

• @Fülöp Béla FFB Disconnections in ACC only? Also tested with GT7?