Which quick release?

Hello, I am owning the DD Extreme playing on PS5.

I want to buy the McLaren steering wheel but I don’t know which quick release is suitable. Can you guys help me because I might think that the QR2 Lite is to weak for the DD Extreme.

Thanks ik advance!

Ivo

Comments

• QR2 Lite may have 8Nm limitation from firmware

• I thought I saw somewhere that the CSL series of wheels/hubs all had an 8 NM limitation regardless of which QR was used (I could be wrong on this). Regardless, the plastic QR2 is also bundled on the GT Extreme wheel and Fanatec has certified this very specific combination for the full 15 NM of the DD+.

So I think for the OP, it doesn't truly matter from a max force perspective (since I believe it will be limited to 8 NM regardless), but the metal QR should have better longevity over the plastic.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited October 19

McLaren not have 8Nm limitation by default expect if you use Lite.

--

This steering wheel have 8Nm limitation no matter if you use Lite or not

• To get the full 15Nm of torque with McLaren you need a metal QR2.

• Ok but the extreme comes standard with the qr2 lite on it’s wheel! Strange!!

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited October 19

its because qr1 lite may not handle self very well over 8Nm, i think Hardware self not know if user use QR1 or QR2

• The QR2 lite on the GT Extreme wheel is an exemption. Apparently they tested it and it's fine. I guess they did it to keep the bundle price lower.

I'm not sure how it behaves since I exchanged it with a metal QR2 before I even started the base, though. But for all other wheels the torque will be limited with the lite QR2.

• The lite version handles fine on the Extreme Wheel. but for the McLaren steering wheel I think I will choose the metal QR2.

• William OtisWilliam Otis Member
    edited October 22

This can be sidestepped because, it's a physical connection that causes the torque to be limited. Doing so, would void warranty and all that fun stuff. Better to go with the metal QR2 if that worries you.

I just don't see why the QR2 Lite is OK for high torque on the GT Extreme wheel, but not suitable for high torque on other wheels that can operate above 8Nm with a metal QR2?

• "This can be sidestepped because, it's a physical connection that causes the torque to be limited. Doing so, would void warranty and all that fun stuff. Better to go with the metal QR2 if that worries you."

Yes isn't it like the QR1 lite, just a protruding pole piece that presses a switch inside the base.

" just don't see why the QR2 Lite is OK for high torque on the GT Extreme wheel, but not suitable for high torque on other wheels that can operate above 8Nm with a metal QR2?"

Does seem strange.