Fanatec Driver 463 (Release Candidate) for CSL, CS and Podium (all wheels)

2»

Comments

• edited October 25

@Stephen Way

Must be incredibly frustrating mate. As a test maybe create a new user with admin privilege and try install on that user? Shot in the dark again but who knows.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited October 25

he seems todo own way by using some sort "Revo Uninstaller Pro" whatever that is, even tho fanatec and Microsoft self have proper uninstaller

• edited October 25

Yes I prefer not to use any 3rd programs myself. Some of these mess about with registry stuff too. Now that I think about it wasn't there an issue in the past if a Fanatec log folder didn't exist?

Edit: FW 455 Fixed crashes of the Control Panel when no public Fanatec Log folder is available on the PC.

That's what I was remembering but I guess it's not related to Stephens issue.

• Stephen WayStephen Way Member
    edited October 25

Seems we are in the same boat then! Both of us seem to do our own way! 🤣

• yes, but looks i'm in that part where it not sink yet.

• Regarding point: 6) I Did a complete reset (a completely fresh install of Windows 10 saving my personal data, I tried again to install Fanatec Drivers on the clean install and again after updating Windows 10 but still got the same error!

I read everything but if this didn't help then pff, damn. Given all you did and do while trying to install the driver only a few thing come to my mind:

-do any other installers fail (non fanatec)?

-do you get any blue screens (that might indicate ram or SSD failure)

-try unplugging everything absolutely unnecessary from USB ports, leaving only mouse and keyboard. All Bluetooth, wifi, gamepad controller remote dongles, lamps, mug heaters, whatever. Unplug the base as well. Maurice recommendations are correct but after a long pause from racing windows stopped recognizing my base and I couldn't (un)install until I disconnected the base.

-is your system partition on C:/ ?

-previous versions still fail?

-do you still have any antivirus? You said you disabled it but maybe uninstall it completely and try again

edited October 25

he used the "Revo Uninstaller Pro" whatever that is. it may that in not uninstall everything what belongs the fanatec

third party apps can make stuff worse than it actually is

edited October 25

Yes, I do agree with you that "Some" third-party apps can make things worse...But not in this case, as I have used the program for over 8 years and installed and un-installed many programs using this software including all Fanatec Drivers, (Not 462/463) it is my preference and choice to do so ....BTW after the clean install of Windows 10 and without any programs or AV's installed Just a clean install...I still was not able to install Fanatec drivers 462 or 463...all installs after went fine not one issue and yes just in case you might think of it, I installed one program at a time and tried Fanatec drivers in between installs.

I am, as of now, going through all Fanatec's previous drivers to see if I missed one earlier that will install....I just NEED my wheel back!! 😭

Thank you for all the help and suggestions

edited October 25

Thank you, Konrad, for taking the time to post, but yes I have tried all that you suggested, My PC is getting on for 9 years old it's a relic like me 😉and I can honestly say I have not had an issue ever in 9 years, no blue screens, all programs (non-Fanatec) have installed fine in fact I'm kind of happy that I did a clean Windows install, it' like my PC is new, but pulling my hair out at the same time trying to sort out this Fanatec Driver issue it first happened with driver 462 so, some of which I posted will be there as well :) Cheers, Steve.

PS: -is your system partition on C:/ ? No, it's not 2T Samsung SSD, and 4T HDD storage

edited 12:05AM

what are you talking? you self tell that after clean install of Windows 10, you was able install 462 but you decide uninstall fanatec drivers and it happened again

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member

@Stephen Way

If you reloaded Windows 10 and saved your personal data check for these "Fanatec" folders and if they exist, backup elsewhere and then delete the folders "Endor_AG_Fanatec", "Fanatec":

c:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Endor_AG_Fanatec

c:\Program Files\Fanatec\

After a fresh install of windows you may want to reload these, good to cover all games in general:

Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1

Microsoft .Net Runtime X64

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable X32

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable X64

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable X32

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable X64

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable X32

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable X64

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable X32

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable X64

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable X32

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable X64

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable X32

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable X64

Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime X64

edited 8:19AM

windows automatically pops a message if some dll are missing, in he case it not happened, so it cant be the Redistributable

he still have those weird service errors what should not happen by default at all

ServiceManager::ServiceOpen OpenService failed! 1060  Service does not exist.
       ActionServiceUninstall: ServiceEnableAccess failed on FWSrvc!

• "PS: -is your system partition on C:/ ? No, it's not 2T Samsung SSD, and 4T HDD storage"

Sorry, so is the Windows on C: or not? If not, like D: etc, maybe some Windows updates create the issue. I mean that windows longer like fanatec installing something on drive other than C:

• Hi all

I asked in a fanatec facebook group if you leave the wheel on or take it off before updating the base firmware and some say leave it on and others say take it off, so now i´m confused 😶

• Leave it on.

Only needed to take it off when updating the WQR but that's also shown to you explicitly during the update process. For updating the base or the motor the wheel can left attached.

• I had a disconnect with the FW ”ClubSport DD(+) Base: 2.2.4.0” and it did not reconnect after 3 or 5 seconds. Went back to the FW included in 4.63.