FanaLab crashes after Fanatec "Splash" screen

FanaLab has randomly decided to stop working last night. I click on it and I get the FANATEC splash screen which then disappears and nothing else happens.

I've restarted the machine, tried to repair using the installer tool, removed and reinstalled, removed everything (including drivers) reinstalled drivers, re-flashed firmware and reinstalled FanaLab - no joy. Removed V1.24 and installed 1.23 - same behavior. Same behavior happens whether the wheel base is turned on or not.

I've also removed remaining Regedit keys with Revo but still no joy with a fresh install.

All drivers are up to date, firmware is up to date. I understand it is beta software but was working fine and suddenly stopped last night.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited May 2020

Has anything changed or been updated in your Windows system? Europe or NA?

*Can you have a look in your Windows Event log for any errors?

• Hi,

I have the same issue, and nobody has been able to help. I was told nothing can be done until a new version is released and hopefully it's eventually fixed (whatever the issue is)

I hope you find the solution and it can help me as well.

• Hey,

I have the same problem. I have updated windows to 1909 (latest version) and suddenly it stopped working.

Splash screen then it crashes...

Tried with 1.23, 1.24 but nothing seems to work.

Is there any kind of logging I can check?

Best,

Miguel / Nikos

• I finally got it working! I do not know how many times I needed to reinstall and uninstall while changing versions but at the end I managed to pull it off and have it back working again.

It took me a while but now it is ok.

• I have the same problem,I thought it was my ancient pc that was the problem..I will keep trying..

• So I found out some things I have the same problem as described above.

I've checked my Windows Event log and found out that I am getting a .NET Runtime Error and an Application Error I haven't found a fix yet but if anyone has an idea it might helps if I post the error massage

for the .NET Runtime Error Event ID 1026

Application: FanaLab.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.String, System.String[])
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
       at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictReadToNextElement(System.Configuration.ExceptionAction)
       at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanFactoriesRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, System.Collections.Hashtable)
       at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanFactoriesRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, System.Collections.Hashtable)
       at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanFactories(System.Configuration.XmlUtil)
       at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
       at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean)
       at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors)
       at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
       at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
       at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)
       at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)
       at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(System.String, System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord)
       at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)
       at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(System.String)
       at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(System.String)
       at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(System.String)
       at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(System.String, Boolean)
       at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(System.Configuration.SettingsContext, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection)
       at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(System.Configuration.SettingsProvider)
       at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(System.String)
       at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
       at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(System.String)
       at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
       at MahApps.Metro.Controls.WindowApplicationSettings.get_Placement()
       at MahApps.Metro.Behaviours.WindowsSettingBehaviour.LoadWindowState()
       at MahApps.Metro.Behaviours.WindowsSettingBehaviour.AssociatedObject_SourceInitialized(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
       at System.EventHandler.Invoke(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
       at System.Windows.Window.OnSourceInitialized(System.EventArgs)
       at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindow(Boolean)
       at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindowDuringShow()
       at System.Windows.Window.SafeCreateWindowDuringShow()
       at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
       at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
       at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
       at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
       at PodiumControl.App.Main()

and the Application Error Event ID 1000

Faulting application name: FanaLab.exe, version: 0.0.0.4, time stamp: 0x5dfb4918
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0x67005c2a
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x00114402
    Faulting process ID: 0x3260
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d62c844a3953da
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fanatec\FanaLab\Control\FanaLab.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report ID: 81cdaad6-64c3-4dd2-88a3-9e871ac9ee55
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

• So I found a solution for my problem Fanalab is working now.

for anyone interested there was some junk data in my appdata folder related to fanatec which I deleted and Fanalab started.

one folder had some fanatec labeling and one was called something with podium.

I think it was PodiumControl or something like that

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Do you all have Fanalab working correctly now ?

• Mr.Rosenbrock.

You sir, are a genious. Thank you so, so much.

It has been so annoying to me that this problem has had zero real attention or effort from anyone at Fanatec.

For others that want to try, but may not fully follow Mr.Rosenbrock's solution, here's what I did and it worked:

• install Fanalab
    • Go to your C: Users\*username*\AppData\Local folder
    • in there, you find 2 folders. One called Fanatec. The second called PodiumControl. I deleted them both.
    • Started Fanalab and it seems to work!! Hallelujah.
  • So this fix seemed to get Fanalab to work but it won't see my DD1 now. Do I have to reinstall the drivers to get this to work as well? I'm still on 352.

• I still have the same problem..deleted the mentioned folders,but nothing yet.

• Exact same thing is happening to me. 1.24, 365, windows 10, 2004