CSL DD Boost kit coil buzzing noise

When powered off there is no noise, but as soon as I power on my CSL DD wheelbase, there is a high pitched electric coil whine/buzz coming from the boost kit/power adapter. I have a DD1 as well with the large power adapter that never made any noise compared to this. Has anyone experienced this?

Comments

• Yes, some PSUs have this issue.

You can contact the support to get it exchanged.

• Mine just arrived, boost kit power brick with unbearable coil while the minute it is turned on. You can hearing it change pitch when the wheel turns and LEDS on the wheel flash. So disappointing. surely there is quality control testing before they leave the factory?

• I know, I'll call them tomorrow. Just very annoyed, that after waiting for soooo long, that the such an expensive power brick can be shipped in such a state without testing.

• Kudos to Fanatec support for an amazingly quick response. I raised the issue ~8am this morning. Got a response within an hour to say RMA has been initiated and replacement is being sent out. 👍️

• edited June 2022

unforunately mine has it very bad as well...even my gf can hear it in the next room while door is leanedand because iam wearing headphones..but i too have to say and thats for a product this pricey, is there really no qality control?

and how long does it take to get a replacement in germany`? is there a time window i can expect my rig to be not working since fanatec not even included the standard psu with the 8nm version?

And i have also say kudos to you support guys...you really are ones of the quicker sort for sure! Keep your standard in all corners please

greetings from germany anyhow