The shop website is so slow it's ridiculous.

I have a stable 555Mbps internet connection and I can barely add items to the cart and view the cart, why is this website so slow and clunky all the time? It really ruins the experience of trying to shop there.

Comments

• edited September 2021

With what little info you have stated.....on can only guess at best.

But at times it can get slow, but I have not seen it be like this most of the time all summer. Also understand the amount of traffic the site gets and updating can be large contributing factors that change hourly. But if the site is very slow all the time for you....it could be on your end of the internet.

• If its that slow all the time the way to check is to hit win key + R then type cmd and hit enter, then that brings up a command window, type in that window  Ping www. fanatec.com then hit return and it will show you if its your connection or the site.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited September 2021

so from the results, how do you tell if it is the connection or site?

the result shows a % lost and average round trip in milli-seconds.

• if it's the site you will either lose packets or you will be able to see your ping, if your ping is high its prob your connection

Ping statistics

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 16ms, Maximum = 16ms, Average = 16ms

this is mine, this tells me that my connection to fanatec is good and the return is also good and no packets lost, meaning the site is working as intended.

• 👍️ cheers

• If there is a difference in the packets sent and received, this would indicate that the site is struggling to return the requests within the time allotted for return, which could either be the host or on route, but that would show in the minimum/maximum, if you really want to investigate then use a trace route that will show which of the hosts is having an issue.

• That only tells you the speed of the connection between your PC and the website host. It tells you nothing about how effectively that host is responding to page requests. If the website is slow to respond it's most likely a problem with the site database or the server - not network issues. I occasionally have issues with the Fanatec site too.