CSL DD 5NM FOR 120

Is there any reason not to set FOR at 120 with a 5nm CSL DD?

Comments

• Yes. Clipping.

• Clipping?, clipping of what? not in game clipping, this does not, cannot, affect clipping in game FFB level,

So clipping of the motor? overload maybe, but that same motor can handle 8NM with the bigger PSU, so unlikely.

Please explain.

• You lose all detail in the forceback as everything is maxed out.

Try googling; What is forceback clipping?

• Thank you David, I think you misunderstood my reply, I know perfectly what FFB clipping is.

How does it relate to the FOR setting in a wheel base?

Having FFB setting to high in a SIM, will induce clipping, when clipping the signal is not accurate anymore, so you will not feel relevant information anymore.

But the clipping is not related to the wheel you are using, the SIM FFB does not know if you are using a DD2 or a G27.

Hence, no adjustment can induce clipping. You might ask for a wheel to reproduce signal strength it is physically incapable of, and you motors might over heat, but that is not "FFB clipping"

The Engine in the 5nm CSL DD is capable of much more than the power supply can allow it to, so my question remains: Why not use for a 120 in a CSL DD?

• Per the CSL DD user manual, regarding FOR, SPR and DPR settings:

"Only adjust these values higher than 100% if the FFB effects are not strong enough and weaker in comparison to other games. Raising one or more of these values may result in higher load on the motor and increase heat generation."

• If the motor is asked through software to operate at a level beyond the wattage your power supply is capable of delivering, what do you think happens?