New DD1 seems to have broke.

Hey all,

Hello all,

Just looking for some feedback and guidance on how I should handle this. I just recently got into sim racing and have been trying all of the major titles. Recently I was setting up automobilista 2. There was a calibration button and so decided to calibrate and when I did and clicked okay and went back to the track my wheel spun frantically from left to right. I immediately hit ESC and it had stopped it however I fear that it was damaged in the process.

That was early yesterday morning. When I got home from work and started to drive I realized it didn't feel as strong as before and went to the settings. While in the settings I could feel my wheel change per settings however every time I went on track in either Asseto Corsa or automobilista 2 it felt as if all settings were neutralized.

Once I started turning up the settings a little more I discovered a clipping in my base. It feels like whatever gear or mechanism is slipping and can't catch and doesn't give the resistance or accurate feedback.

Comments

• Hi,

Thats a bummer, just a few questions. Did you use the in game calibration? Or the Fanatec calibration? My opinion its nearly impossible to damage the motor.

If you use the in game calibration maybe a reinstallation of the game or reset to factory settings will help. A slipping mechanism sounds weird to me because its directly mounted on the axle of the motor. You could check the black ring maybe its loose.

Qestion one; which driver do you use? And if you tuned the settings did you also turn some elements above the 100%? Is the FFB on Peak or Linear?

Greetz,

Mike

• Mike,

Thanks for the reply, would have replied sooner but i was at work. okay so, firmware i am running is PC driver 434. everything is showing up to date and just for good measure i'll include the other values. dd1 is 690, motor firmware is 42, club sport v2 is 43, wireless quick release is 6, and i have an n/a for my clubsport pedals.

for some reason i used the calibration option in automobilista 2. this was the 4th sim racer that i have played and so my settings were more or less dialed in for AC, rF2, and F1 2020. my setting were: FFB strenght was 20%, the FFS was on peak, natural damper, friction, and inertial were set to 3% and i believe i had FFB INT to off and intensity around 50 or so(don't quite remember.

so here are a couple of things.

i can test the FFB in my fanatec page and it feels as it should and did the last 2-3 week. i load into either asseto corsa or ams2 and can still feel the wheel is sound and giving me back the resistance. i change gears into first and all sensation feels like an overall of 5% through out. i will get little buzzes in the wheel no matter if i go over grass, curbs, or crash. once i realized something wasn't right i started messing around with the settings. once i wasn't getting the force i was used to i then started going all the way up with a lot of settings and thats when i felt the shaft. in AC or ams2 it wasn't as bad as it was in f1 and i realized today its because in AC or ams2 no matter how high i make my settings something is dampening it way way down. with f1 though i realized my FFB was actually working fine but the shaft became extremely pronounced. if im on track i hear the tumbling the moment i go off track on anything i get a loud knocking sound at various speeds depending on what the motor is trying to relay. i thought it was software with AC and ams2 but after hearing and feeling the knocking im pretty certain its the motor or shaft that is broke.

regards,

robert

• Mike,

i sat all night messing with the settings. can you confirm a couple of things? if you set the FFB Interpolation to off do you get a grainy rumble in the shaft? i'm noticing a slight tumble/rumble and some slight osculation. also, depending on what game and combo im using im getting the knocking or slipping feeling when i set interpol to off and have my FE intensity to 100. i did some reading and im seeing that the knocking i'm hearing and the tumbling is due to to much feedback.

i went through all 5 of my games and set each game accordingly and it looks to be performing quite well. as long as those noises and feeling were normal depending on the settings that im happy to say i believe it to be good.

• Sorry Robert for my late response.

I had a weekend off haha.

Good to hear that its preforming well. My experience with the 434 driver is horrible it has a lot of problems in combination with the DD1. Finally i did get a response of someone that works at fanatec they are working on it they say. I suggest to downgrade to 415 or 429. Its a bummer i can't downgrade because the wheel i use is not compatible after the downgrade. But for your situation you could do that easily.

In some situations i have also rumble noises or knocking sounds. I think its a normal thing. But yeah i can only compare with a G29 that thing makes a horrible noise lol.

Maybe you can search for some basic settings and tweak it to your likings.

If you like i can post my settings tonight of ACC on PS if you like.

• Here are my ACC for PS settings.

SENSITIVITY (SEN) AUTO

FORCE FEEDBACK (FFB) 45

FORCE FEEDBACK SCALING (FSS) PEAK

NATURAL DAMPER (NDP) 40

NATURAL FRICTION (NFR) 10

NATURAL INERTIA (NIN) OFF

FFB INTERPOLATION FILTER (INT) 1

FFB INTENSITY (FEI) 100

FORCE EFFECT STRENGTH (FOR) 110

SPRING EFFECT STRENGTH (SPR) 100

DAMPER EFFECT STRENGTH (DPR) 100

BRAKE LEVEL INDICATOR (BLI) OFF

BRAKE FORCE (BRF) 60

VIBRATION STRENGTH (SHO) 100

• where I can find and how to install the older firmwares???

Could you help me buddy?