Euro Truck Simulator 2/American Truck Simulator Center Deadzone with Podium DD2

Good morning, everyone. I've logged hundreds of hours in the game and have invested a lot of time and money into really good hardware. For a long time now, since I built my system about 3 years ago, I have had a problem with the game's force feedback system. Basically, there is a slight deadzone in the force feedback, between 0 and 5 degrees in the wheel turn, where the wheel is loose, though the steering does work. This looseness in the center feels very unrealistic and causes the wheel to wobble left and right with any bumps or trailer/truck instability. 

I have spent about 50 hours trying everything to tune the settings correctly and followed the instructions from the SCS website regarding the new FFB System since 1.42.

I have a Fanatec Podium DD2 direct drive wheel and I have my wheel rotation set at 1800 degrees, to be as realistic as possible. Is it possible that the games don't have proper force feedback support for wheels that are over 900/1080 degrees and direct drive wheels? Could there be a bug or something? I am not using any non linearity and have the steering sensitivity set to maximum. A lot of other folks have posted experiences with this issue, but with no resolution.

If anyone has solutions to this, or has figured out to adjust the steering algorithm, please let me know.

Comments