ClubSport Wheel Base V2 - The first reviews and opinions!- UPDATE 6

13»

Comments

• That happened me aswell.
    Customer service sorted it out for me.
    It happened when they put up the new site
  • It would be nice to know when the first invitations go out :)
  • Sim Racing Garage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wovyiRon6Wc#t=1273
    Yes Barry Rowland does the Best Product reviews that I've seen thus far. However Christiaan(Logiforce) did quite an impressive printed review
    For french readers:

http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/HardwarePeripheriques/Joys/unique-fanatec-volants-sujet_52909_53.htm#t782469

Bonne lecture ! :)

Merci ;-)
  • Matt FergusonMatt Ferguson Member
    edited September 2014
    Thomas in your blog post on 28.08.2014

You wrote:

The other invites will be sent out by end of next week and in several waves over the next months. You will be notified by e-mail and the invite will be shown in the customer profile.

That was the end of last week. Have any invites went out yet?

• I would love to see Fanatec show Thrustmaster what a true replica of a 458 wheel looks like, that would be awsome!
  • I hope Fanatec will talk to Polyphony and try and get the CSW V2 officially supported in GT7 (a patch for GT6 would be nice too, but I won't hold my breath).

• Hi I am really looking forward to order Clubsport Wheel Base V2, I have since 2011 used over €4100 on Fanatec equipment and I am really satisfied with the quality and performance of the equipment.:-)  I should satisfy the requirements mentioned in Thomas statement regarding preorder  of V2 Wheelbase, but I have yet to receive an email from Fanatec?

Another issue is that now that the V2 Wheelbase is in the webshop the V1 is gone, and if I'd like to download firmware or drivers for V1 it is not listed in the shop nor in the Support page. I have also tried "text search only" as mentioned in the support page, but nothing comes up.. can you please at least on the support page add Clubsport Wheel Base V1 again so we can download drivers and firmware.

Thank you in advance

PS.
    If I have overlooked something please show me the right direction :-) 

• Stig,

Please look under "discontinued products". You'll find the CSWv1 there. I've included a link for your convenience.

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/support/product;old_product_id;262
  • Matt FergusonMatt Ferguson Member
    edited September 2014

Just got the E-mail.....sort of. they will send codes in the next weeks or months : (

Here:

As an owner of the ClubSport or CSR Elite wheel, you have the
    privilege to be in the exclusive group eligible to purchase our new Fanatec
    ClubSport Wheel V2.

The community is super excited about this wheel, and not only
    will you be among the first to get your hands on this revolutionary racing
    wheel base, you will also benefit from a big, pre-order discount!

Nobody else can purchase this product at the moment, as you need
    an invite code to put this product in your shopping cart. These invite codes
    will be sent by a
    separate
    e-mail. We will also automatically put the code into your customer profile.

You will receive the code within the next few weeks or months,
    as we are sending them out in several waves in the order of the purchase date
    of your ClubSport or CSR Elite wheel.

To learn more about the invite system, please have a look at our forum. Please do not
    ask our team when or if you will get a code. If you were able to receive and
    read this message, you will also receive the e-mail with the invite code when
    it is time.

The new ClubSport Wheel Base V2
    has many exciting new features!

• Brushless servo motor for about 75% more power
    • No cogging (notchiness) at all. Nothing!
    • Optimized belt drive with ultra-low drag for a much
      wider spectrum of fine force-feedback effects
    • Super durable construction with a new cooling system,
      more and bigger ball bearings, as well as completely new sensors and
      electronics
    • DUAL HALL and DirectSensor technology with more than
      double the resolution
    • Multi-platform! Upgradeable to next generation gaming
      consoles when paired with optional steering wheels (in development)
    • Choose from a large selection of wheel rims of all
      popular racing styles. 11 models and growing!

For a full list of features please go to the product page of

the
    ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Here is a list of (p)reviews.

With best regards,

Thomas Jackermeier

CEO Endor / Fanatec

www.fanatec.com

• Stig,

Please look under "discontinued products". You'll find the CSWv1 there. I've included a link for your convenience.

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/support/product;old_product_id;262
    Thank you! :-)
  • Danke Thomas für die E-Mail heute. Ich war völlig überrascht und warte jetzt bereits auf die nächste E-Mail. Tausend Dank, dass ihr mich nicht vergessen habt und du kannst sicher sein: DAS TEIL WIRD SOFORT BESTELLT!!!  :D
  • Just recived my email to say they will be rolling out in the next few weeks?? Little more info would be nice as we were told this 2 weeks ago and it seems that only 2day ppl are getting emails :( Does any1 know if elite owners are above csw as it was released earlier.

• 3-2-1 GREEN GREEN GREEN!!!
  • Also got one today. But i am not sure about it. My CSR-Elite, that has not been used much at all.
    Has some magder fading issues. I bet most of you sim racers use your wheel more than i have in a few weeks. 2-3 rounds around a track and it's light as hell.

Not sure if i should spend the money on a kit i saw someone make. New holding bracket, different stronger motors, and made to be air cooled as well. Or if i should go for one of these bases and a Bmw GT2 rim + handbrake..

Since its brushless it should be all good. Put some even better fans in it and add one maybe.
    Then do a Le Mans 24H race in Pcars.. 
    :-O 8-}
  • edited September 2014

Does any1 know if elite owners are above csw as it was released earlier.

As csw owner, I would like to know me too. I believe that anyone who has invested more money has the right to have a small advantage.

• CSW are first then elite then the rest.
    Think it was in the info for the wheel base. Don't remember 100% were it was.
  • Also got one today. But i am not sure about it. My CSR-Elite, that has not been used much at all.
    Has some magder fading issues. I bet most of you sim racers use your wheel more than i have in a few weeks. 2-3 rounds around a track and it's light as hell.

Not sure if i should spend the money on a kit i saw someone make. New holding bracket, different stronger motors, and made to be air cooled as well. Or if i should go for one of these bases and a Bmw GT2 rim + handbrake..

Since its brushless it should be all good. Put some even better fans in it and add one maybe.
    Then do a Le Mans 24H race in Pcars.. 
    :-O 8-}
    If you decide you do not wish to use your invite to purchase a V2, please let me know. I'll take it.
  • Does any1 know if elite owners are above csw as it was released earlier.

As csw owner, I would like to know me too. I believe that anyone who has invested more money has the right to have a small advantage.

Yes I belive that would of been a fairer way of doing it, adding the total fanatec gear together and put them at the top of the list. Im a bit gutted really that csw get first codes as the elite was released first and we never had good support unlike the csw but nothing I can do to change the process now so ill just have to wait untill its my turn :( never know by the time I get my code fanatec may have a wheel for my ps4 (pls pls)

• Thomas - you mentioned this in an earlier post  "After you purchased one V2 base you will receive a second code. You can give that to a friend or buy a second base."

Can you clarify when we would get the second code? I have already ordered my first V2 base. 

• All, if you are feeling charitable with your code, please think of me!!! [email protected]
  • Wow, says code expires 24/09. That is this day, since it's past 12pm. But that is not true, code could only be used until 23/09.:-w Should be able to use it or extend it the last day to.

Well then, i'll just get a SimXperience AccuForce Pro Steering Wheel or something.
    And get new motors for my CSR Elite, or use my old 911 GT2
    :-&
  • Updated (or should say; released) my review, it's no longer a preview of the review.

• is it normal for a csw v1 to rattle if the fixing pin/bolt is not used. seems like my hubs don't match
  • My initial preview being in french, I'm pleased I can now share this fully translated version to english readers:

Clubsport wheel v2 (p)review

Have a good read !
  • Vorsprung durch Technik!

Is the wheel base approximately 11 inches long, 8 inches deep and 5 inches high?.

Product weight 4200 g, product dimensions (l x w x h) 210 mm x 295 mm x 150 mm.