podium button module

Hi,

Can anyone please help with driver/firmware update for clubsport 2.5 wheelbase with the new Porsche wheel rim with the new Podium Button Module?.

The driver/firmware in the instructions seems to be for the Fanatec DD wheelbase.

when trying to update message says incompatible with my device.

just about ready to though the whole lot out of the window now after two days trying to sort it!.

thanks

Comments

• This is stated on the product page and also the launch blog:

"While the Podium Hub is fully supported by our CSL and ClubSport wheel bases, the Podium Button Module Endurance is currently only compatible with the Podium Series direct drive systems. Compatibility with the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 will follow in a future firmware update, with the display operating in Legacy Mode "

so until a driver update you can only use the steering wheel without connecting the BME to the podium hub

• When will the firmware update be available?.

This is not the best customer service one would expect from such a prodigious manufacturer.

I guess its my fault for not reading the blog, but to release a product half finished is nothing but appalling.

• Its not only you not reading the Blog but not even the webshop page as this is also clearly mentioned in the webshop description.... You couldnt have made it any clearer, its already good communicated so good customer service here.

A Firmware update for the CSW v2.5 will be available in Q1 2020 - Display however will still only work in Legacy Mode, not in the new ITM Mode.

• Ok thanks for your feedback.

i think in my case its buy in haste repent at leisure.

its a shame I won’t get the full functionality even with the firmware update, guess I should have purchase an alternative wheel arrangement from you .

regards,

Graham.

ps,

that was a really expensive mistake on my part.

• Yes please can i return it as it neither works on my pc or my xbox one x.

Details on return procedure would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

regards ,

Graham.

• Hi Maurice,

Can you confirm that with the upcoming firmware update for the CSW v2.5 all buttons on the PBME will be assignable to XBOX games as long as the game supports it like Project cars 2?

Or will we be limited to only the buttons assigned as the XBOX controller similar to the Universal Hub?

• it will be limited like any other Xbox compatible steering wheel because its not up to a Fanatec Firmware update to include those features - its up to Microsoft to enable those functions in their xbox code, which is unlikely to happen with old gen Xbox One X.

• Hi Maurice,

So spending an additional $300 on a PBME to be used in conjunction with a Universal hub is pointless as it has no extra features on the Xbox.

Why can’t it be made into a seperate button box and utilise the Universal hub as your Xbox controller.

I myself have built and programmed a 22 button box using a Adruino micro board for the Xbox and it works perfectly on Project Cars 2.

• @Peter Antoniadis,

I totally agree, my PBME at the moment has no functionality whatsoever on XBOX ONE X until Fanatec release a firmware update for it.

Out of the box none of the buttons do anything. It beggars belief that they would release a product to the market in a none functioning condition.

The only thing that lets you know its connected is that the display lights up with the word “Fanatec”.

So until the firmware update I’ve removed the PBME from the Universal Hub replaced the Porsche rim so at least i can use the wheel, which make it identical to my Fraza Motorsport wheel I already own.

I should have read the compatibility info more thoroughly to understand the short comings.

Certainly not a happy customer at the moment, especially when Fanatec seem to think its all my own fault for buying it in the first place.

• It's down to the console manufacturer to provide the compatibility you wish for. I agree that Fanatec could have done more to clarify that they can only provide basic functionality for this product when used with consoles. I know they have this information at the foot of the product page but it seems many purchasers have not absorbed this info.

• Good morning,

I have the same problem with PBME mounted on the DD2 via the universal hub with the 353 driver,

I sent the problem back to the support, which is for the moment deaf !

But I didn't see in this case any info on the right compatibility.

• Hi Maurice,

Ok so we then only have 4 buttons to program on most XBOX games being Y,X,A and B. All other buttons are linked to throttle, brake, gear up and gear down etc. even though we have separate pedals and shifters. Why then are all these 4 buttons on the right hand side of the PBME. Will they be remappable through your firmware update? If not most drivers will find this annoying as I like to have view left on the left side of the steering wheel and view right on the right side.

• Maurice,

We're still waiting for a Firmware update for the CSW v2.5 to have support for the PBME, only a few days left in Q1 2020 for you guys to deliver on your promise...

• Any updates on driver?

• edited July 2020

No News.