Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• Okay updated back to fw 110...top button box in PCars works just fine...UNTIL you calibrate the pedals...lol. Again LT and RT function loss. And also the Y button on three button box isn't recognized as a button at all at the edit assignements page. It accepts I press it after pressing the cross button, but doesn't show any function button...And also nothing happens when I press the Y button in game!!
    Also not able to reassign buttons after a race...have to close PCars app in PS menu start game all over again to reassign 1 button.
    But that's a PCars problem I guess...
    No one said anything about being a beta tester having any bearing. Coming at this or any problem from a contentious standpoint won't help you.

In your last post you gave very specific issues and how/when they happen. Now maybe someone else can try to verify the problem and if needed a fix. That's how you property handle problems.
    I don't exactly know what you mean Chris..I'm trying to help anyway I can. And the probs I experience are also very specific in the post above. Go to the button assignment page in PCars. Use the top button box buttons LT, RT and B. They work fine to scroll and leave that page. Then calibrate the pedals...Go back to the button assignment page. Try to scroll with LT and RT again...they don't work anymore. I'm not sure the top B button still works as I'm not on my PS4 anymore. PS4 PCars.
    Antoine,
    You need to chill. I agreed that your comments were very precise and helpful. I even said maybe they can be replicated now so a fix can de done if necessary.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Hi guys,

could everybody who had problems to install the FW update please test this new release:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/boofjnvxp16rpg8/2015.07.30-Fanatec_driver_223-Beta.zip

Now the CSW (V1&V2) firmware update should be possible on all 32 and 64 bit operating systems from Win Vista up.

Thank you!
  • edited July 2015

Okay Armin...Will test this immediately !!!
    So this was the reason the topic got closed... :D

Also other changes been made ? For example why the Y button isn't recognized as a button in PS4 PCars ? Or is it a new bug in PCars, caused by the new firmware ?

With my borrowed Windows Vista Home Basic SP2 32 bit laptop, still not able to load hex file Armin.

• Now the hex file loads on my Win 8.1 64 bit. thxs!
  • I haven't updated my V2 at all since i got it as i am playing p cars on the ps4 and don't see a need to with all the bugs and issues. I am also happy i didn't get the XB One Wheel hub as it doesn't seem that great from the forums and what i have been following since it was shipped. My Question to Thomas is when will you release a Wheel for the V2 aside from the XB One Hub that works with XB One like the BMW GT or Porsche wheels? I applaud you for the V3 peddles and plan on getting some eventually but I think more importantly other options are needed for XB One.
    The XO universal hub is FANTASTIC!
    edited July 2015

Also other changes been made ? For example why the Y button isn't recognized as a button in PS4 PCars ? Or is it a new bug in PCars, caused by the new firmware ?

With my borrowed Windows Vista Home Basic SP2 32 bit laptop, still not able to load hex file Armin.

Hi Antoine,

you are using a beta firmware and the (PC/PS4) button mapping was changed to make sure that all or as many buttons as possible can be used on those platforms. No unneccessary mirroring anymore! This, of course, also means that the manual has to be changed. All looks coorect from what I can see now. The PS4/PC mapping will be the same as for the UH (without X). The XBO button caps are NO indicator on PC and PS4.

Thx for the feedback about Win Vista 32. I will pass it on so the issue will be analyzed asap.
  • edited July 2015
    I know now button mapping was changed, and I above all are very greatfull for that decision.
    BUT what I mean is, if you go to the edit assignment page in PCars, PS4, the button where the Y cap originally is placed over (three button box)...isn't recognized as a button!!! For example, in my setup, I used to place the lights under the Y button(capt) and the wipers under the X button(capt) button. But now, after pressing the A (cross) button with headlights highlighted, and then pressing the Y button capt button. It is accepted as a button...But there's no discription of what button theh headlights are (like 'horn', 'L3' and so on). Also in game pressing the Y button capt button doesn't do anything...it's non existing.

So my question to you Armin is: is that a new created bug in PCars, or is it a Fanatec firmware bug.
    And the button caps do make it easier to remember where I placed what function, like on the BMW the colored buttons are...so it's just a way to speak easier about what buttons I mean.
    Thanx in advance Armin
    edited July 2015
    Hi Antoine, 

please check on PC which button number that is. You can do that after uninstalling the driver. And then you can check in the UH (NOT UHX as this has to be updated) manual which function it will have on PS4. You cannot map it if it is a standard button on PS4 like Square, Triangle or whatever.

I expect it is button 10 which is triangle on PS4. Very possible that you cannot map this one because of that.
  • edited July 2015
    @ Andreas Gremme
    There is only one button mapping in the firmware. Correcting one mapping (for PC/PS4) will mix up the other one. You can change the button caps if you want to do that.

Hi Armin,
    if I change the button caps, it doesn't match in xbox mode. Unfortunately that's not an option.  ;)
    Anyway, thanks to the opportunity to use a Dualshock 4 controller simultaneously with the wheel I
    use can use the controller to navigate through the menus on PS4 and change the button mapping ingame to fit my preference. 

edit: Quote was written by Armin Habermann not by Paul Maguire

• edited July 2015
    How can I see what button it is if I uninstall the driver Armin ?
    I need the function test screen to see what button it is ?
  • edited July 2015

Double post, sorry
  • Okay...now I see the RB = 4 = also triangle button on ps4 and that one is connected to the Y button on the top box!!!
    Weird thing those buttons...
    Just not assignable then I guess...
  • Oh..And the issue of not being able to switch between pc/PS4 - XOne - PS3 mode as much as you want to. Is that underinvestigation or being analyzed ?
    Issue now is: turn base on in XOne mode, switch to pc/PS4 mode, back to XOne mode or PS3 mode, switch back to pc/PS4 mode. After this switch, it's not possible to go back to XOne or PS3 mode.
  • edited July 2015
    I've encountered another issue and again, don't know it's because of PCars or new firmware fw 110.
    XOne, PCars...at control scheme screen (picture of XOne hub on Fanatec GT rim) I can't calibrate the ffb anymore. No responce on the top RT button, no responce on the three button box RT button and no responce on the gas pedal.
    While the LT buttons on top and three button box and also the brake pedal work fine to calibrate pedals ???

Really weird....after resting the game to write this post...ALL RT buttons/pedal work to calibrate ffb???
    Issue now is: turn base on in XOne mode, switch to pc/PS4 mode, back to XOne mode or PS3 mode, switch back to pc/PS4 mode. After this switch, it's not possible to go back to XOne or PS3 mode.
    For technical reasons the PS3 mode is always a dead-end and you cannot switch bach. PC and XBO mode should be able to be switched all the time. If that is not possible, please send a clear report.

About the RT/LT issue:
    Can you please deliver a clear step by step to reproduce the issue? What does "calibrate pedals" men in this case for example? Where? Please start with powering on the base. 
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    I think it would be an essential tool to have Thomas or someone from Fanatec give us a quick start guide to setting up CSW v2, CSP v3 and Xbox One Hub. It just seems like from reading all the different posts it is far from plug and play. I'm thinking now it will take quite some time to actually sit and enjoy my gear due to all the configurations.
    Hi Joseph,

did you try it? What is no plug and play here? Connect pedals to wheel base, connect UHX to wheel base, connect wheel base to power and XBO. Power on wheel base and XBO -> drive!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hi Joseph,

did you try it? What is no plug and play here? Connect pedals to wheel base, connect UHX to wheel base, connect wheel base to power and XBO. Power on wheel base and XBO -> drive!
    Hey Armin,

Still waiting for my hub and pedals to arrive but it just seems from reading that there are issues with firmware, button assignments and platform switching. I like the last word of your comment DRIVE. If I can just update the hub and drive then I'm a happy camper.
    Hi Joseph,

this is a beta thread for beta software ;-) Please do not forget that. If you want to be on the safe side then just stick to final releases. But for XBO even with this beta everything will be flawless.
  • Joseph...just send me a pm with your email address..I'll provide you a step by step installation guide for the driver and firmware...it really is not that difficult if you've done it once!! I can dream the steps by now. LoL
  • Okay Armin...platform Xbox One, game Project Cars.
    I turn on the V2 base. Start up my XOne. Start up Project Cars and do a practice race in a random car. I come to find that I don't like the ffb settings at the moment, press pause during racing, exit the race, press B button, RB to choose the second menu page. Press A at the options and help picture and go to the options screen. Highlight controls tab and click with A button. The XOne hub with GT rim picture is on screen and at the bottom right it says: calibrate ffb and an icon with RT in it. Pressing any key on the Hub, that represents the RT or gas pedal ( cause that's what we had to use before) doesn't show the ffb calibration screen. That's the page where I can set the 'Tire Force' 'per wheel movemen' 'deadzones' etc.
    And I found out last night that if after pressing the LT button, and actually calibrate the pedals and save calibration, in the controls screen where hub and GT Rim picture is shown, you're able to calibrate the FFB. BUT YOU'VE GOT TO CALIBRATE THE PEDALS EACH TIME if you wanna use the RT buttons for FFB calibration!!!

The RT buttons only work right away if you start up the game and do a FFB calibration without doing any race !!
    Hopefully this is clear enough....if not please ask!
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    I'll check this too on my setup and see how it goes ;).
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited July 2015
    Update:

I've just tested this on FW Revision 102 and was unable to reproduce it.
    All buttons labeled on the HUB function exactly as advertised in game. I followed the instructions exactly as that are written above, and also ran a race etc :)

However...
    I've not yet tested firmware version 110 specifically for this bug (so my input here is not completely relevant) however this indicates that the bug was either introduced in FW 110 or is a intermittent bug in PCars as its not present in the previous beta firmware.

I'll need to reflash to 110 again to complete my testing, however I'll try it, and let you know how it functions on that revision.

@Antonine
    Do you have a second profile on your XBO?
    If so could you start PCars as a new user (or create a new account) and try it again. I found that deleting my profile after every patch fixed a myriad of issues with that particular game. Particularly relating to configs (FFB/Mallings/Settings etc)
    In FM5 with the gear selection set at "manual"  the default gear at the start of the race has become "neutral" in stead of first gear.. can't get the game to recognize the clutch in "manual/clutch" and the default gear was neutral .... restarted the wheel with FM5 and the default gear was now 1st, but still no clutch .... back to FW219 

FYI
    This bug is also "not" present in firmware Revision 102 (I'll test 110 later as i need to reflash and calibrate my wheel, but I also need to sleep) ;)

While this info may not seem entirely relevant, it at least eliminates any question of these bugs slipping through beta testing and/or existing in older firmware revisions. This can also help the team track down any issues faster as they need in,y refer to the changes made between 102-110 ;)

I'll report back with my 110 findings shortly :)
  • Ok, I too had the issue seen where the hex file failed to load -- only because I had installed the updater in the non-standard location: my desktop.

If I installed the updater in the default location (e.g. c:\fanatec\...), it worked.
  • edited August 2015
    Update:

I've just tested this on FW Revision 102 and was unable to reproduce it.
    All buttons labeled on the HUB function exactly as advertised in game. I followed the instructions exactly as that are written above, and also ran a race etc :)

However...
    I've not yet tested firmware version 110 specifically for this bug (so my input here is not completely relevant) however this indicates that the bug was either introduced in FW 110 or is a intermittent bug in PCars as its not present in the previous beta firmware.

I'll need to reflash to 110 again to complete my testing, however I'll try it, and let you know how it functions on that revision.

@Antonine
    Do you have a second profile on your XBO?
    If so could you start PCars as a new user (or create a new account) and try it again. I found that deleting my profile after every patch fixed a myriad of issues with that particular game. Particularly relating to configs (FFB/Mallings/Settings etc)
    In FM5 with the gear selection set at "manual"  the default gear at the start of the race has become "neutral" in stead of first gear.. can't get the game to recognize the clutch in "manual/clutch" and the default gear was neutral .... restarted the wheel with FM5 and the default gear was now 1st, but still no clutch .... back to FW219 

FYI
    This bug is also "not" present in firmware Revision 102 (I'll test 110 later as i need to reflash and calibrate my wheel, but I also need to sleep) ;)

While this info may not seem entirely relevant, it at least eliminates any question of these bugs slipping through beta testing and/or existing in older firmware revisions. This can also help the team track down any issues faster as they need in,y refer to the changes made between 102-110 ;)

I'll report back with my 110 findings shortly :)

So YES Natalie, those differences are relevant....Whish I had Beta fw 102 TOO so I could test that one also, to feel and see the differences !!
    I didn't do any racing in career mode on XOne, so after I take notes of my FFB settings I wouldn't mind sweeping my profile, just let me know how to do it exactly the way you do it. But if you read carefully...my problems mainly excist on the PS4 version....anyone know how to perform a hard rest, like the XOne has that option, on a PS4 ? Cause I don't wanna delete that profile.....

I did a competition race, well 3 actually, and found a solution to this one, just set your shiffter in first gear before the race begins! That is of course if you have the CSSQ !!

Also found another weird bug in FM5...but I don't know if Natalie reported that one already ! If I use the CSSQ V1.5 ONLY, to change gears, so NOT the wheel paddles, the screen darkens after a couple of minutes as if the controller shuts down when not in use. While I had my controller hooked to the XOne USB to charge...cause I was doing online racing and needed the head set.

I don't know if that has to do with the age of the game...not being patched anymore...or a Fanatec fw issue.

I'll be testing this one tomorrow in PCars too !

Edit: Now that you mention it...it does look like flares of files keep messing things up on PCars...Cause the RT/gas pedal non responce also happened to me when going back to fw 094. Damn...how to hard reset the ps4?
  • Ok, I too had the issue seen where the hex file failed to load -- only because I had installed the updater in the non-standard location: my desktop.

If I installed the updater in the default location (e.g. c:\fanatec\...), it worked.
    I hardly ever change the default location c:\program files\ etc....so no that's not the solution for Vista
  • Hi Thomas

I don't know if the problem is in the driver or in the  game but, using drivers 219, 222 and 223 only in Assetto Corsa  the rev lights in the rim, my siminstruments dash and android app dash not work, can't back to driver 205 because it's not recognize my CSP V3.
    I hope this will be solved soon.

Naoki
  • edited August 2015
    Hallo, ich habe probleme mit dem Treiber 219 u. 222 in Project Cars, Zeilen verschiebung und Ruckeln. In Arsetto Corsa habe ich Probleme mit Fanaleds und dem HUD Dash. Mit Treiber 205 ist alles gut. Alles mit Win 7.
  • someone can help me, is a bug?

• @William, looks to me like you just need to re-calibrate center , follow the instructions on in the wheel manual. [page 23 of the Xhub manual]  .page 30 of the base manual... ..it also says to refer to the wheel manual for your particular wheel ...