PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• Yyyeeown....... are we still gripeing bout this compatibility  I-)
  • ia
    Won't work Grimey...they don't hold the X1 chip. You'd have to buy completely new wheels ;)
    Next wheel for Me will be a DD wheel.... Im just waiting on Fanatec to produce 1.
  • I have a GT3RS v2 wheel, and everything stopped working for old games on ps4. Any advice?
  • im gonna be so stoked when gt sport comes out.oh wait no im not.every time i look at my ps4 i get an attitude. your dam right we're" still griping bout this compatibility"I'm using a rubber coated rim because my nice authentic rims wont work with the only compatible system and if id like to buy nice new rims for the Xbox one its only gonna cost me how much? Ah yes, full price."sorry,this compatibility issue isn't my fault,hey i know,buy more of my stuff". i just have to drop another $300. Well that 'sounds great if your a universal hub and rims salesman. I tried to talk my friend into going fanatec over thrustmaster because im a big fanatec enthusiast. thank god he didn't listen to me because his stuff still works. i don't care what anyone says.if you drop big dough into a top of the line racing sim wheel set up and all the trimmings and find out shortly after that its not compatible anymore,you have the right to ****.
  • Nicely said could not agree more !
  • im gonna be so stoked when gt sport comes out.oh wait no im not.every time i look at my ps4 i get an attitude. your dam right we're" still griping bout this compatibility"I'm using a rubber coated rim because my nice authentic rims wont work with the only compatible system and if id like to buy nice new rims for the Xbox one its only gonna cost me how much? Ah yes, full price."sorry,this compatibility issue isn't my fault,hey i know,buy more of my stuff". i just have to drop another $300. Well that 'sounds great if your a universal hub and rims salesman. I tried to talk my friend into going fanatec over thrustmaster because im a big fanatec enthusiast. thank god he didn't listen to me because his stuff still works. i don't care what anyone says.if you drop big dough into a top of the line racing sim wheel set up and all the trimmings and find out shortly after that its not compatible anymore,you have the right to ****.
    Of course you have the right to be mad at the situation. Just be sure you're mad at the right people. Fanatec is not in the position to offer any solution for existing hardware because Sony doesn't allow it.
  • First post so be gentle. Been racing in online leagues on Project cars for some time and have been using Logitech and Thrustmaster up to now but want to dive into this world and get a top of the range wheel setup. I want the Clubsport V2 base, the BMW GT2 wheel and the Clubsport V3 pedals. I have the money burning a hole in my pocket but am unsure on it's compatibility with the PS4. Can someone tell me in simple terms if those products will work on my PS4 for Project Cars. Thanks in advance.
  • Yes, it will work but I don't think it's a good idea to invest so much money on this gear to play only on PS4 since all PS4 racing games since F1 2016 won't work with it.

Compatible PS4 games sum up to :

- Project Cars
    - F1 2015
    - WRC 5
    - Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo
    - Dirt Rally

Do you really think it's worth it ?

• Thanks for your reply Gabriel. I only play project cars and they as developers will always support Fanatec I believe. I know it's a lot of money to invest in a wheel setup but we don't seem to be any nearer getting a fully licensed wheel for PS4 and I'm not sure it will ever happen since Sony have given Thrustmaster the gig for the new GT wheel? Any advice or if you have heard any news on a licensed wheel I would be happy to hear your thoughts.
  • Be sure that PCars 2 won't support Fanatec gear unless licensed. They're not waiting for a law suit from $ony
  • edited November 2016
    Richard....  if it was me I wouldn't invest in the csw b v2 and steeringwheels for it if you are only playing on the ps4....
    just as Gabriel and Antoine are hinting at, you will be limited to the older games and not be able to play the newer and upcomming games, including project cars 2 when released because the wheel isn't a sony licenced  wheel..... ( as it is at the moment, I haven't herd anything saying that the csw bv2 will be getting a sony licence rather the contrary )     
    Take me as an eksample, I have the csw bv2, a bmw rim, csp v2 and a css sq, and I was kind of looking forward to GT Sport, but no longer. As I have as much money invested in my wheel setup as I have, I am going the pc route instead, and maybe selling my ps4 rather than downgrading the wheelbase to a csl ps, which is what it looks like fanatec is being allowed to get a sony licence for ( please correct me if I am wrong ).
  • I WANT TO PLAY ASSETTO CORSA WITH MY CSW V2 KIT (OVER 2K INVESTED) AND DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY EXCUSE, DEAR FANATEC-SONY TALK EACHOTHER AND RESOLVE THE PROBLEM. 
  • I WANT TO PLAY ASSETTO CORSA WITH MY CSW V2 KIT (OVER 2K INVESTED) AND DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY EXCUSE, DEAR FANATEC-SONY TALK EACHOTHER AND RESOLVE THE PROBLEM. 
    Please be aware that typing in capitals is interpreted as shouting, which is considered to be impolite.
  • Think he's angry Remco
  • edited November 2016
    well yeah, but just an explanation mark would've been sufficiant enought, wouldn't it ?:P

• edited November 2016

I've sold my PS4 and got a XBOXone (and a PC). Just taking to long. And games on PS4 and XBOX are almost the same. Only Gran turismo would be a title i'm gonne miss.

Still hope for a good solution (a hub for CSW), maybe ill buy a ps4 again later. But for now, i don't miss my playstation and i am free to race with whatever gear i want :)

• @thomas jackermeier    good to hear that this contract is finally -)))) please give us some specs !  is it the csl elite for ps4 that you will bring out, or is it an other base ?  you write that you work with full speed on that to the end of the year, is that new base for ps4 in store to end of the year or will you annouce that at the end of the year and we can buy it some months later ?  please give us some specs, specially what you will bring for ps4 ( base, wheels, pedals ).   me and many other people here waiting so long for that !
  • Do CWS2 Owners get a discont?

• edited November 2016
    @thomas jackermeier    good to hear that this contract is finally -)))) please give us some specs !  is it the csl elite for ps4 that you will bring out, or is it an other base ?  you write that you work with full speed on that to the end of the year, is that new base for ps4 in store to end of the year or will you annouce that at the end of the year and we can buy it some months later ?  please give us some specs, specially what you will bring for ps4 ( base, wheels, pedals ).   me and many other people here waiting so long for that !
    Just read again and again....and again if you need to. All your questions ARE answered in update 1 and 2 ;)
  • @antoine ;  my english can be better, but the most of that i understand.

my questions are not answered, because there is writing fanatec hope to make an universal hub for ps4, a base for ps4 is based on the csl elite base, and the bmw porsche or formula wheel could be used on the ps4 base. that are the possible things, who can be compatible, but nothing of that is sure how fanatec writing that, that are just the possible things.

now where the contract is signed with sony, it must be clear what wheels are compatible with the ps4 base.

i understand that from fanatec side that they will and must announce that officially, but i think this was a special case with the ps4 compatibility an enough people like me wait some months now to here good news. now the day is arrived, and we just won't more details ;)

@ thomas jackermeier  what is the date or month where you hope to have the ps4 equipment in the webshop ?  and like ingo write before, before weeks you talk about a discount for csw v2 owner who want buy the new ps4 base, can you say now something about that ? 

i have sell my v2 base and the xbox one hub because of the compatibility, i play in a community who is based on ps4 not pc, to stay in that community i've been forced to sell my fana stuff and buy something other wheel, after that i've buy a t500rs with the hope that fan bring a new ps4 base, i'm gonna sell that now when the new fana ps4 base is out, when you make something for the v2 owner i hope that i still be included in that offer !

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    This is what I wrote in Update 2:
    "It is still Sony's policy that only official licensed products will be compatible to future games but we will make as much of your current peripherals compatible to the PS4 as possible. What we can already confirm is that at this point it is not possible to make existing wheel bases compatible anymore. "

Is it really still unclear if your CSWB V2 will work in future?

• Thomas, that was not the question. however, for everybody must be clear that the csw v1 and v2 base are not compatible in future on ps4, i don't count cronusmax. 

my questions are about the new base.

is it clear that it is a ps4 version of the csl elite ?
    what wheels gonna be compatible on ps4 ?
    comes there a new wheel specially for ps4 ?

in the update 1 you writing about these things, but at that moment nothing was clear, and now ??

pedals, shifter, handbrake, i think there are no new products specially for ps4.
  • How did a friggin trinket company like Madcatz get Sony licensing? Fanatecs two biggest competitors also somehow got licensing. Logitech was out of the game all together. Remember they announced they were no longer developing or producing any new racing wheels after the g27 but somehow they miraculously came up with compatibility overnight? Must've just been a lucky coincidence huh? Thrustmaster creates low priced compatible bases(half of which are plastic toys) for every system out there but we couldn't pull it off somehow. why??????this could've and should've been avoided.The other companies all seemed to have their ducks in a row on day one of the PS4 release.No one at fanatec had any clue this would happen? Did Sony tell you up front your good,just keep selling stuff without their licensing?What was their original response? We may never know but ill be willing to bet that the other 3 wheel producers didn't take that chance. When they said compatible,they actually had the legal right to say so.they protected their customers investments and their own reputations.I'm sorry but someone dropped the ball.
  • edited November 2016
    How did a friggin trinket company like Madcatz get Sony licensing? Fanatecs two biggest competitors also somehow got licensing. Logitech was out of the game all together. Remember they announced they were no longer developing or producing any new racing wheels after the g27 but somehow they miraculously came up with compatibility overnight? Must've just been a lucky coincidence huh? Thrustmaster creates low priced compatible bases(half of which are plastic toys) for every system out there but we couldn't pull it off somehow. why??????this could've and should've been avoided.The other companies all seemed to have their ducks in a row on day one of the PS4 release.No one at fanatec had any clue this would happen? Did Sony tell you up front your good,just keep selling stuff without their licensing?What was their original response? We may never know but ill be willing to bet that the other 3 wheel producers didn't take that chance. When they said compatible,they actually had the legal right to say so.they protected their customers investments and their own reputations.I'm sorry but someone dropped the ball.
    Strangely enough I am liken to agree with you here Lisa,
    good thing is tho.... My wheel works on PC. Sony/MS have got waaay too much red tape to underline.
    got myself a GTOmega PRO getting a pretty decent PC very,very soon. and got myself a ultra wide 34" 144hz monitor.
    yup I was done with console racing a few months back now.
    better days ahead 

:x
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    We are trying to get a license for  force feedback wheel since 10 years now. It is not that we did not know the value of it. We were always rejected and there is no reason give. They don't have to give us any reason because it is their console and they can do whatever they want with it.

I am just happy that they changed their mind and finally give us a chance again.
  • I'm really disappointed at this news. I was hoping to buy a new Universal Hub that would be PS4 compatible for Gran Turismo. I spent a lot of money last year buying a CSW V2, V3 pedals, shifter and rims and don't want to have to buy a new base unit, especially if its going down the Thrustmaster route of one wheel for XBOX and one for PlayStation. This strikes me as greed by Sony, arrogance as they are firmly in the lead sales wise this generation in a similar fashion as they were with the PlayStation 2. I don't see how it harms their brand having such a quality device as the CSW v2 matched with a wheel rim with the distinctive PlayStation icons. Going forward I'll be buying more racing games for my XBOX One and spending less time on my PS4 Pro. I hope Fanatec have not completely given up exploring any options possible to produce a PS4 Universal Hub
  • What we can already confirm is that at this point it is not possible to make existing wheel bases compatible anymore. "

PS4, its for the Players....who are stuupid enough

$-) $-) :D
  • If that is truly the case Thomas, then i stand corrected and i may owe you an apology .The idea of having to buy a new base to race on sonys platform infuriates me. i can only hope that whatever fanatecs new base is ,it is not a step backwards. The clubsport v2 is the bench mark now for most of us. I personally will not purchase an inferior base just to race on sonys platform.That's why I bought an xbox one and not a thrustmaster. I have stopped purchasing sony games and if i have to buy anything less than the v2 quality , ill stop purchasing fanatec products as well.Every bit of racing gear i own is fanatec. Ive sold off my old obsolete gear because I'm spoiled and I I like nice stuff . I sincerely hope your next base becomes the new bench mark .If i want to take a step backwards,Thrustmaster, logitech and madcatz can all fill that need, but after the v2 there's no going back.To me what you put inside your products is more important than the Sony GT logo on the outside .F Sony!
  • Should Fanatec make a CSW3 that supports PC and PS4?  With Microsoft releasing all their exclusives on PC/XBOX from now on, a single base will cover all 3 platforms.  I know that the new CSL PS4 base will do the trick, but having a CSW2 I don't want to downgrade.