CSL DD - Euro Truck Simulator 2 & American Truck Simulator

2»

Comments

• As I understand it, PC or CMP mode doesn't matter to the FFB / how it is processed. CMP mode is there for games that have a built-in profile for the CSW 2.5 or only support a handful of hardcoded wheel(base)s. I mostly play ACC, AC, ETS2 and ATS2, and since Fanatec recommended CMP mode for ACC and AC, I just stuck with it. If you switch from one to another, you probably will have to rebind all the buttons.

Personally, I didn't like the fake engine resonance, so I turned that off. I have another 'solution' for that: Simshaker Jetpad (I don't know if I'm allowed to post links here, but Google is your friend). It's sort of like a butt kicker, but built into a massage seat format. I've been running this for about 5 years now and still very happy about it. Bought it when I was still running a G27.

I'm wondering too about the real road surface feedback. Seems to me like an almost impossible task to do with the amount of roads. Of course it doesn't have to be as detailed as in racing sims, may be they could start with a 'standard' feedback for different surfaces like (different types of) asphalt, gravel, sand, etc.

• So far so good with the v1.43 update. It doesn't seem there were (distinct) changes to the FFB.

OT: they sure implemented a lot of new features in 1.43! The ability to filter map icons is very useful for me.