Clubsport Pedals V3 Damper kit problems. (Stiction)

So, I've only had my new pedals for less than a week. I ordered them with the load cell kit and the damper to install on the brake pedal. The load cell kit works great. It totally changed the feel and got rid of travel that my leg can't "memorize."

However, when I installed the damper, everything went sour. I was getting a sticking/popping feel and basically static friction setting in every time the pedal wasn't moving that then had to be overcome. I triple checked my install, have watched all the youtube videos, searched these forums and didn't find anything similar. I removed the damper and brake performance is great. Truth is I don't know how a hydraulic damper could be felt at all with such little travel. Maybe it makes more sense on the throttle.

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure this unit is defective, but wanted to try posting about it to see if anyone had experienced and maybe fixed the problem before.

Thanks!

-Jason

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Jason,

I guess you mean the Brake Performance Kit rather than the Load Cell Kit. The impact of the Damper Kit is not so apparent on the brake once the BPK is installed, particularly if you are using the hardest combination of elastomers, but it does still change the feel (the fact you are feeling a sticking/popping proves this!) You shouldn't be getting sticking/popping with the damper though. You should contact support.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• You’re absolutely right. I meant the Brake Performance Kit and not load cell. Thanks for the insight!