Fanatec Driver 434 (Release Candidate) (previously 432beta) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Have it tried in several situations, old driver with old firmware, new driver with new firmware and vice versa and always with the same setup in the tuning menu and game ... 434 and new firmware is not at all because it comes very damped over, 429 and new Firmware was a small improvement, but the best feeling I have with old drivers and old firmware 429 ... now can say again that's placebo, but that's not ... nice for you that makes it no difference for you, but it does not make a difference maybe it's also your system that you do not notice at the FFB ... I'll let yourself be in your belief that it does not make a difference and just stay at 429, because I'm just too stupid to discuss with someone who always means the others Make the mistakes without tested here ... Unfortunately, there are too many Fanboys who the FFB is not so important, the main thing Fanatec ride more is many ...

• edited December 2021

As I said (and repeated several times): a driver alone can not change FFB, only the Firmware can do that. Now you say you use different Firmwares so OF COURSE the FFB CAN feel different... There are people here who claim with the same Firmware with a different Driver the FFB feels different which is just not possible and thats what I replied to regarding placeboi!

As 434 changed the whole Tuning Menu handling everyone just should make sure to not mix-up Firmwares and Drivers - only use new Firmware with 434 and old Firmware with 429 - otherwise this can lead to incompatibility issues as 429 doesnt support the whole new Tuning Menu of the new Firmwares!

• I have found a bug with 432 Driver and CLS Elite PS4.

V2 compatibility don't work in games that needs this mode. As example: Nascar '15. In PC Mode I can assign Buttons but I dont have Force Feedback. In V2 Mode, I have FFB but I can't assign the buttons or Steering Axes. With older Drivers it works fine.

• After my previous issues, I'm now having my Podium hand shifter pedals crashing mid race consistently. Anyone else had this issue and any easy fix?

It obviously resolves with a hard reset of the wheel base, but that defeats the purpose of racing given I have to a full reset.

• Hello, as announced, I have now found some time for more information.

PC Driver 429, Wheel Base FW 689, Wheel Base Motor FW 42, Wireless QR FW 6.

Dirt Rally feels normal and good!

ACC feels good but a little different when you activate the manufacturer extras in the steering options of ACC. The steering oscillates slightly and every now and then you think you're driving in ruts.

After flashing the Wheel Base Motor FW 41.

Dirt Rally feels normal and very good!

ACC feels very good, there is less oscillation and the feeling of ruts gone, regardless of whether the manufacturer's extras are activated or deactivated.

PC Driver 429, Wheel Base FW 689, Wheel Base Motor FW 41 and Wireless QR FW 6 are the best overall package!

PC Driver 434, Wheel Base FW 689, Wheel Base Motor FW 41 and Wireless QR FW 6.

Dirt rally without problems, feels normal and very good.

ACC also feels normal but generally better when the manufacturer extras are deactivated.

PC Driver 434, Wheel Base FW 690, Wheel Base Motor FW 42 and Wireless QR FW 6.

Dirt Rally felt good on the 1st stage, the steering wheel only turned to the left after it was completed and stayed in this position until the start of the next. During the 2nd attempt, same stage and vehicle, the steering wheel suddenly became stiff and slow to move.

ACC feels pretty good. No difference between manufacturer extras on or off.

PC Driver 434, Wheel Base FW 690, Wheel Base Motor FW 41 and Wireless QR FW 6.

Dirt Rally felt good on the 1st stage, the steering wheel only turned to the left after it was completed and stayed in this position until the start of the next. During the 2nd attempt, same stage and vehicle, as described above with FW 42, the steering wheel suddenly became sluggish and slow to move while driving.

ACC feels pretty good. No difference between manufacturer extras on or off. In general, the FW 41 motor feels better.

PC Driver 434, Wheel Base FW 689, Wheel Base Motor FW 41 and Wireless QR FW 6.

Dirt Rally feels very good again and you have a perfect FFB even after several stages.

ACC feels very good and right!

Regardless of the driver version, the wheel base FW 689 and the motor FW 41 are the ideal combination for me and create the best feeling since I have owned the DD1.

The problems with Dirt Rally and a generally worse FFB are clearly caused by the Wheel Base FW 690.

Here the tuning menu settings.

I hope I can help with that.

• so there is no difference in FFB for 429 and 434? CSL DD.

• John CaetanoJohn Caetano Member
    edited December 2021

Is anyone seeing any issues with the Podium Module freezing up during game play on the latest two driver releases? This is happening mainly playing AMS 2. Rebooting DD2 resolves it while in-game.

Another issues I am encountering with the latest two drivers that i recall is when the race ends or in some cases paused the FFB remains ON. This is happening across multiple titles (Race Room, Dirt Rally 2.0)

Just to confirm i downloaded the latest RC driver and installled, and then force updated the DD2 firmware. I did not do the same forced firmware for the Podium module or other rims i have.

• Please fix the Freezing/crashing in Forza Horizon 5. I'm stuck using a old driver v.346 which doesn't freeze but is obviously not ideal for other games. Thanks!

• edited December 2021

Please contact the Game Developers, THEY need to fix whatever they did wrong with the driver/SDK implementation, not Fanatec. Thanks!

• it's a delicious update 434 everything works 110%

on my DD 8NM

😍😍😍😍😍

• When everything works fine then you dont need to upload your Diag Logs... ;)

• After my previous issues, I'm now having my Podium hand shifter pedals crashing mid race consistently. Anyone else had this issue and any easy fix?

It obviously resolves with a hard reset of the wheel base, but that defeats the purpose of racing given I have to a full reset.

• edited December 2021

Hello there! I have an issue with the wrc wheel that I hadn't before. With 401 driver and 684 firmware of the base everything was perfect with the wrc's paddles (upshifting-downshifting). After the update in 434 driver, 688 firmware and 4 firmware in wrc wheel I had a huge delay in my upshift and downshift. I increased the sensitivities of all gears from the ingame and got back to 402 driver and 684 and 2 firmware. The problem is not fully solved and this is weird because I did not have it before ..is that a known issue, have you ever heard of it ??? Thanks in advance to anyone answering!!

Panos.

• I previously stated an issue with intermittent ffb conditions in GT sport on PS4 with my DD1 and driver 434. I have since figured it out if anyone is looking into it.

It seems I have isolated the issue to the wheelbase being left powered on and the PS4 entering rest mode. Sometimes I'll take a break, unrest the PS4, enter track and witness the issue. Power cycle of the wheelbase corrects it. It also happened with driver 402 when I reverted back which made me test 434 again.

Hope this helps.

• edited December 2021

HEAVY Dirt rally 2.0 player.

DD2 base.

429,689 and 41 is good

434,690 and 41 is good.

434,690,42 is Terrible. Complete garbage. Makes the game unplayable.

So I am on 434,690 and 41. But I am now having an issue on Assetto Corsa. Where in VR on a rift s when I down shift it moves the camera over slightly to the right. Only when down shifting. Just spent hours trying to figure out what is causing it and its fully from down shifting on a formula v2 wheel.

Hit the left paddle and the camera changes position slightly with a sudden line down the middle of the screen that instantly goes away.

Put my BMW wheel on it and its doing the exact same thing. Dirt rally 2.0 no issues in VR.

Any help with this problem??? Its game breaking.

• I have same issues. Now with this FW is a little better but not like must be

• Yes John Caetano I am getting the same freezing in AMS2, was worried it was a hardware issue but does not happen with any other sims.

• Marcel,

regarding worsening FFB on the Podium DDs with the latest base and motor firmwares:

Base firmware 689 is flawless with either motor firmware 41 or 42.

BUT!!!!!

Base firmware 689 is a bitch when it comes to steering wheel compatibility.

Take an older P1 wheel and the Podium base freezes within minutes, even when just stitting in the new user interface.

With a McL V1 everything is perfect. This wheel is extremly compatible and reliable, it never failed in 3,5 years of usage.

So a lot of the latest complaints here are probably due to base/wheel incompatibilities.

And since my son uses the P1 wheel for his OMSI bus-simulator, I went back to base 675 and motor 40.

This is a pity, because I really like motor firmware 42 for racing.

I even tried base firmware 687 on the way back. Same fault as 689 with a P1 wheel.

Looks like any 68x Podium firmware has a serious problem here. Way to go.

Sorry, I know it's not your decision, but how about concentrating on reliable firmware updates for current products instead of presenting new "nice to have" user interfaces every 2-3 weeks. We run Podium bases since May 2019 and haven't had a single bug free firmware for them ever since.

OK, rant off.

Happy new year to everyone in Landshut

• Hello,

I've install the last driver and I lost the "Set" menu on my wheelbase. I just have the SEN and FF settings.

I returned to the 412 driver (Base v686 and wheel v41) and it work again.

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL Elite V1.1 - LF37900364
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Formula V2 - HX51001606
    • Driver Version: 434
    • Base FW Version: 688
    • Motor FW Version: 22
    • Wheel FW Version: 43
    • FanaLab Version: 1.57.4
    • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else? Installed on C:
    • With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs

• edited December 2021

You just have to switch into the Advanced Tuning Menu by pressing the Tuning Menu Button for 3 seconds while in the Tuning Menu and voila, there you have all your Sets back.

The new Standard Tuning Menu with limited Settings is a feature, not a Bug.

• Oh ok ! Thanks for the answer, I'll try this tomorrow. :)

• So I'm using a DD1 F1 (ps version) with

driver 434

base 690

motor fw 42

f1 wheel fw 43

Sometimes when I play gt sport after pausing or doing a pitstop my force feedback cuts out or something, as if I just switched from peak to linear or dialed everything down. Then a couple laps later it will just cut all my input, the dd1 is still powered on but nothing makes it to the ps5 anymore. I have to fully restart it to get it back, usually this means I completely miss a turn and ruin my whole race.

It doesn't seem like it happens to me on PC but I'm not sure as I haven't been playing as much there recently as I've got my rig in front of my TV right now while I am upgrading my triple monitors ;/

Also occasionally right after turning it on none of the wheel inputs will work? Where it will have the high torque warning but you can't get rid of it and I just have to restart it then too.

I don't believe this has only happened to me on the latest fw/drivers but that's what I'm running right now.

• Quan NgoQuan Ngo Member
    edited December 2021

Hello,

Have a small issue since the upgrade from Driver 429 to 434, not sure if anybody has a work-around for the issue outlined below:

The Telemetry & LED lights on Podium PS4 DD base, PS4 F1 wheel, Clubsport HUB v1 & PBME do not work on Assetto Corsa. It works fine on RRE, rF2, ACC & Dirty Rally 2.

However, If AC is uninstalled & re-installed, Telemetry & LED lights work until the PC is rebooted (have multiple LED/Telemetry profiles for LED & vehicle car/lap data). After PC reboot, only on AC, the telemetry & LEDs do not work.

Have downgraded to Driver 429 + related firmwares, & it works fine, but prefer to keep on Driver 434 + related firmwares for a better FFB feel.

Regards

• Marcel, might need to investigate this as it seems a few users have reported as such.

I know Maurice have confirmed there is no difference between driver 429 and 434, and have advised whatever better feel is only placebo, but too many have reported as such now to just dismiss as such.

Will try tomorrow to upgrade to 434 to see if there is any difference, between using driver 429 and 434 with 434 firmware.

• 429 is more spongee or rubber band feeling making many cars feel the same, where are 434 ffb is more naturally weighted base on speed & angle of rotation of the wheel, individualizing each cars turn ffb characteristics, hence decided not to downgrade a 2nd time just for LED & telemetry just for AC.

• edited January 2022

Tried updating firmware using 434 on Windows 10 x64 (on an Intel NUC) to my CSL Elite PS4 + CS RS wheel.

Ran into the "Please Wait..." (hourglass) issue a few others mentioned where the Fanatec drivers put the wheel into firmware update mode (blinking blue/red), but then get stuck and never send the firmware to the wheel. No choice but to unplug the wheel power when this happens - luckily this doesn't brick it, because the firmware update never actually started.

None of the usual troubleshooting steps worked - uninstalling/reinstalling/reinstalling/reinstalling drivers, rebooting/rebooting/rebooting, uninstalling most of the other software I had on the machine, control panel reset CSL items in hardware panel etc. I tried everything.

What worked: doing the update using 434 on a Windows 7 x64 virtual machine running on a separate (Linux) server.

This is what counts as a workaround in the Windows world: try a few different machines and OS versions until you find a combo that works. With no idea why.

Maybe Fanatec can test and fix this issue. Maybe they can't, or maybe they won't. Until then, all of us let's keep loving Windows and putting all our hopes and dreams into it, hoping for a smooth reliable experience that will never happen. I only use it for hardware mgmt. MacOS 100% for everything else.

• People just need to lern to properly differentiate between driver and firmware.

As I explained dozens times a driver alone just can not change FFB. It is the firmware which actually can change FFB.

There are a lot of people here saying they have different FFB when using 434 compared to 429 BUT they also use the new Firmwares included in 434 so of course the FFB can feel different. If they would use rhe same old firmware with the new driver there would be no difference with the same settings.

• 429 is not more spongee. It's the FIRMWARE which MIGHT feel different. The driver alone can NOT change rhe FFB at all!!!

• So the driver itself, 429 and 434, is definitely the same? Exactly the same? Check and double check and not reason to check again? You know like measure twice or thrice and cut once!

Any chance you can check again? 😄😄😄

This discussion has been closed.