Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Comments

• What are the new recommended settings for the DD1 after the 1.15 update?

• I just tested these setting w/ "PS5/PS4 Compatibility MODE" on my DD Pro (8nm). Pretty much the best settings till driver update:

Tuning Menu Settings:

• SEN Auto
    • FF 100
    • FFS Peak
    • NDP Off
    • NFR Off
    • NIN Off
    • INT Off
    • FEI 100
    • FOR 100%
    • SPR 40%
    • DPR 40%

P.S.: Use CSL Elite Racing Wheel Controller settings.

Credits to "Digit Gaming"

• edited May 2022

SPR and DPR are not used by GT7 so a setting of 40% is not doing anything. Can be left at 100 or turned off, Doesnt matter.

Also be careful with those settings in Compatibility Mode. You can hurt yourself with those settings (as the official reason for the Torque reduction of the game is that the previous FFB can lead to injuries and the compatibility mode still uses that old heavy dangerous FFB and without using any kind of Natural Damper or Friction the oscillations are massive so be aware!)

• BatatoBatato Member

This is Horrible!!! I didn't pay nearly $1000.00 for 8nm gt dd pro kit to feel like i was using my g29 logitech wheel.

FANATEC PLEASE CONTACT PD of Gt7 and get this fixed ASAP.

I don't want a workaround i want this fixed...obvoiusly I'm talking about the forcefeedback issue...it is wayyyyyy to light

• Interesting developments and disappointing. I have been testing the DD PRO using the C settings and reducing the FFB in the 30 range. No other changes.

Remember the in-game settings!!!!

• https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_4085673.html Essentially, they have greatly reduced FFB on three wheelbases to prevent injury, until they can fix the over-power issues.

• Right ... I would believe in that if that was written in update details memo on thursday when they relese this update, not day later after all hell broke loose on social medai

And now they completely ruined Nationals and Manufacturers World Series

• I tried Maurice's recommended settings. I would have to agree. The FFB has been greatly improved! My biggest complaint, prior to the 1.15 update, was the complete lack of detail over curbs on mid to high speed corners. I now feel detail! It's not the best detail. I think there is more work that can be done, but there is detail, which for me greatly makes the game much more immersive. I'm also thankful that the oscillations are gone!

Thanks Maurice for the recommendations =) Hopefully PD and Fanatec can work together to improve the overall FFB in the coming weeks and months.

• how many stupid !!! so someone like me who plays racing trim with a crazy ff should have injury problems !! yes of course let's say that those who did not feel like having certain vibrations could lower the power of the base !!! for me before he was also fine as a ff but now we are really ridiculous because there is not a minimum of credibility in driving this game right now !!! a real shame and somewhat unpleasant situation for those who buy certain products!

• It’s been almost three days and everyone is talking about DD Pro.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE RECOMMEND SETTINGS FOR PODIUM DD1!! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO THE GAME SUCKS AT THE MOMENT!!

• I confirm that by putting the engine in ps4 / ps5 compatibility (purple led) the force feedback returns as before the update! having said that we are waiting for them to resolve to return to ps5 mode (if they will)

• Hi Ellie - I use these along with 10 & 1 in game settings -

I'm using the GT3 rim, so you may need to tweak the FFB down slightly as you're using a smaller wheel.

Let me know how you get on -

Nick

• Back to A+ in EMEA since the 1.15 FFB update made me able to feel what the car is doing in corners. Let's hope we don't go back to numbness when they restore the strength!

• Hugo, how can you drive the car with any resistance in the wheel?! I have more resistance in the wheel in my Skoda Octavia ffs 🤣

• Are you talking about the slower road cars? Yes, more torque would be good so that you feel what's going on more clearly. The dynamic range is too small when FFB signals are either super faint or weak - never medium or strong. However, in Super Formula it's excellent, and in GR.3 I also find it better than before since there's a lot more detail when cornering; I can feel understeer, oversteer, grip, G-forces, self-alignment torque - before it was just a dumb spring effect.

I need enough torque to feel everything. Not so much that I physically can't turn the wheel past a certain point (that makes it easier, but harder to drive on the limit and be super fast).

So, enough torque to feel everything clearly, and not any more than that, is my suggestion. In slow cars, and if you use a big and heavy wheel, you might need at least 8 Nm but probably even more. In high downforce cars with a small and light wheel, I'd say that 5 Nm is plenty.

• I mostly drive gr3 and gr4 cars and I use F1 Esports wheel 🤷🏻‍♂️

• A maxed out 8 Nm should be enough to feel everything, with the current 1.15 FFB, but it's very easy to steer too much, so if you're used to very much resistance when cornering, so that it feels like you hit a wall, then you'll need to practice... At least until they fix the strength!

• I have used both Maurice and Nick settings on the DD1 in PS4/5 mode. Both have a similar steering feel, but Maurice's version is more forgiving with high-speed curbs (Suzuka T9). As a result, the steering won't jump as hard to affect the car's grip.

However, I have switched over to PS4/5 COMP mode, wheel settings I used for 1.14 and the in-game settings back to 5/1. The steering feel is mute, but it requires less steering wheel angle for the corners, which gives better lap time. Also much more forgiving when the car goes over high-speed curbs (Suzuka T9).

• Hi nick, have you used comp mode with these settings?

• Hey man, thanks for the setup, the only thing that I did and I found that it’s working perfectly for me is that I changed the in game settings to 5 - 10.

• No, from what I'd heard Comp mode removes lots of the details so I haven't tried that yet - I'm hoping GT7 will update the FFB soon though so we can go back to running a more normal setup!

• GT7 Update 1.16 is live. FFB strength is back to the same levels, so it seems to me, before they weakened it for concern reasons. People may need to tweak their settings again. =)

• Yep, it's broken again so you feel exactly nothing anymore again in High speed corners. Great Job PD... Oh man.

• Hey Maurice,

Anyway to rectify it? Do you have a different setting to try?

Cheers

• You cant fix this with settings. PD needs to fix this with a better FFB implementation like they did with Patch 1.15

• Any new recommentations with Patch 1.16 of today? Thanks Maurice

• Will i be able to use my previous dd pro settings prior to the patch that removed the ffb for this new patch that fixed it? Is there an updated version??