DD1 crashing ACC

Hi everyone, I have a DD1 and it seems to be crashing ACC. I can’t even complete a full lap before it crashes. If I switch my wheel base off and run the game on a controller, it runs fine. A friend of mine is an IT guy so he came over and made sure everything on the pc side was ok, and it is. Ive tried a few different things but I’m lost. My pc is plenty powerful enough to run this game. Nvidia 3060, intel i7, 480 GB ssd.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Edit: every racing game crashes using the DD1. Runs fine using a controller

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Steven,

Have you installed the Fanatec Driver from the front page of the site, opened the Fanatec Control Panel and followed the steps to update the firmware?

The current driver is stable, we are not seeing reports of crashes being caused by our equipment (it is just not something that typically happens with input devices in general). So it sounds like there is some of other conflict unique to your PC configuration.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Steven DunnSteven Dunn Member
    edited March 2022

Thank you for your reply,

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the driver per the online manual (the one from the fanatec website) and my issue is still there. I just switched from Xbox so it said all of my firmware was still up to date. Does it matter that I used my laptop originally to do my firmware updates and now I’ve switched to a pc? It was also a 64 bit system like my pc. PC was just purchased Monday

what other steps might you suggest?

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Steven,

No it doesn't matter if you install the firmware with a different system. The important thing is that you have the Fanatec Driver installed on the system you are using to play the games.

I would try a different USB port, uninstall any other non-Fanatec controller software that might be causing a conflict. You are welcome to open a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account, but honestly it doesn't sound like a Fanatec issue. If all your games are crashing, that sounds like a PC issue. I recommend contacting your PC supplier.

Best regards,

Dom

[Fanatec Community Manager]