Gt Dd pro scratchy/grainy (2023)

Hi all I’m new. About 4 weeks ago I received my gt Dd pro. In the last 2 weeks maybe even before Iv been getting the dreaded scratchy feeling through the wheel on gt7 on ps5.

has there been any fix for this as this issue is going back to 2021 now and I’m shocked my unit bought in March gone has this same issue. I can return it but just didn’t expect this issue to still exist.

basically it’s the usual when power up it feels like static in the wheel. Now my issue starts straight away and goes after maybe 15-20 mins.

I don’t see any posts since mid last year is this just the new normal with these wheels now?

thanks in advance

David

Comments

• Surely someone knows something about this 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Attach two 80mm fans to the back of the base, one on the left and one on the right side. Where the slits for fresh air supply is, they should blow in. That solved the granny feeling problem for me. Best clean feedback for 5 months now. I've tried everything, including Rma, but the only thing that has helped is cooling the base.

• This is not acceptable after spending €850. Iv returned it.

• you are absolutely right. If there is an opportunity to return then do not get a replacement. All CSL DD have it. one more and another less. In my case, I only noticed granny feeling after a month and couldn't return it. But I quickly found a solution and used it for half a year without any problems. I've since switched to Podium DD1 and wouldn't want anything else. It's incredibly good. Fanatec feedback is one of the best if it weren't for this granny feeling problem. if you want to stay in the CSL DD price range, look for other manufacturers, you'll find something there. Good luck

• edited April 2023

Thanks for reply. I’m a month in so it’s gone back for repair or replacement. Iv tried 2 others my friends have and they are fine. I’m hoping the next one is more lucky. I do love the Dd pro.

does your dd1 feel grainy also now?

• You won't believe it but yes, my DD1 also had granny feeling. I was very desperate and could not believe it. Then I found here on fanatec forum a tip from Maurice that ferrite core on the Rj12 cable between pedals and base must be attached. And it worked, granny feeling disappeared. I want nothing else.Best feedback. feedback from CSL Dd I was also very satisfied. I hope your base gets fixed just as fast as my csl Dd. Saturday shipped, Wednesday morning was already back in my hands. Had but it not even unpacked and directly resold. At this time I was already on the track with DD1.... I hope the granny feeling will disappear after the PCB of your base is replaced. This will be repaired in case of granny feeling from fanatec. Let me know when you get your base back. Good luck

• Yes it’s repaired. They said they found the issue and replaced a part. Let’s see Monday when it’s back. So a ferret around ur peddle to wheelbase wire worked? Is this pcb board the issue with all our wheels? Was it modified in newer built wheels I wonder.

• Hi David. And does your DD work again? I have informed myself a lot and often the CSL DD owners said that even after repair Sandy feeling was still there. Apparently this problem does not get solved, otherwise the new CSL DD generation as you have it would have already appeared without this defect. I'm also not sure about the defective PCB, I couldn't see if it was replaced. What they say is one thing, but what they do is another. Trust no one more, so it is unfortunately

• Ok I got it back today and so far so good. The repair seems to have worked 🙏🏼

• I am very happy that your CSL DD is repaired.💪😀 Have fun on the race track with it. Push Push Push...