CSL DD 8nm Configuration for CSL Steering Wheel P1 V2

Hey guys,

I have a CSL Steering Wheel P1 V2 installed on a CSL DD 8nm.

I feel like the wheel is too light for the auto settings of the CSL DD so I'd like to know how to properly configure it: any help will be appreciated!

Comments

• I have a DD 8nm. My thinking is: 1. I want to feel like the wheel is connected with real-virtual tires. 2. Replicating real life is not as important as having good feeling and immersion. 3. I want to feel what the Sim is providing to drive a car around a track.

You're saying that the wheel is too light for you. So I'm thinking you want to go the same way as I did. Natural Damper is providing that underlying feel of weightiness before iRacing.

I have McLaren wheel. In Iracing, (for Mazda and Toyota) I use NDP 18 and NIN 4; and in game all FFB settings 0%, except 8nm, and strength ~20. That way I have some weight on the wheel, and Inertia is doing a really good job providing immersion. For ACC, I use NDP 25, NIN 8, in game damper 0, dynamic damper 100, Gain 60. Rule of thumb for me: For every 3 NDP, you want 1 NIN. 3:1. FEI FOR SPR DPR 100. Everywhere.

NFR is a tricky one. I used to use NFR but found out 3:1 NDP:NIN is a better solution, and you don't have to change much between cars. You maybe have a better feeling using Natural Friction (NFR), but even if I use the same as NDP, so 3:1, it's not the same. Also, I don't use Interpolation in iRacing nor in ACC.

Don't enable a filter in Fanatec software if you're using it at very low levels (like NFR 1 or INT 1). Don't do this. Use a filter only if it's providing you a good feel above some number. Like NIN 1 or NFR 1 or INT 1 doesn't make sense to me. It has to be larger value to provide a good feel. I don't know how to describe why.