Forza Horizon 5 not detecting CSL DD (451 PC driver)

Adrian ChoAdrian Cho Member
edited July 2023 in Forza Horizon

My hardware is working fine with lots of other games but in Forza Horizon 5 while it can see my CSL Pedals + LoadCellKit it is not detecting my CSL LL + P1V2 wheel or the ClubSport handbrake.

I've read all the posts I could find here about this and no solution seems to work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• You need to use the compatibility mode for this game as the game is too old to natively support this rather new base

• Thanks Maurice.

So I did manage to get it work by switching back and forth between compatibility mode a couple of times but the wheel is definitely not detected in compatibility mode.

So all the controls are now working but no force feedback. I tried the supposed trick of unplugging the wheel and plugging it back but that still didn't fix the lack of force feedback.

• Same problem here ..0 can't get forza horizon 5 the detect my DD CLS .. not in regular and not in compatibility mode ...

• Same here, wheel isn't detected in either mode.

• CSL DD PC - I have noticed that FH5 detect the Wheel (because it shows in settings the wheel menu) but don't allow me to set anything both in normal mode and compatibility mode and not work in game.

• Same. I'm on 451 PC driver with the CSL DD Pro. Forza horizon 5 through the XBox app rather than Steam.

I've tried all modes and nothing is registering.

• For what it's worth: I bought the CSL DD Ready2Race WRC Bundle a little while ago. It is getting detected by FH5 (PC/Steam) when in compatibility mode. Wheel + pedals work.

I'm however still searching how to properly configure everything. At first it was completely undriveable. I've done some research how to tweak FFB etc. Now it's OK'ish, but it's still subpar compared to an XBOX controller. I loose control of the car less often, but when I do no way I'm recovering. While with a controller that happens far less. I hope to still tweak the game a bit more, and get used to a wheel better. Cause this wasn't a cheap piece of hardware after all...

For FH4 I've given up. I'll stick to a controller with this one...

So far, if Forza Horizon is your main driving game, I wouldn't recommend buying a wheel. So far my experience is a disappointment...

• I've had good luck tuning the sensitivity WAY down for FH5... 360 degrees or less. I think I've got it at 200 or so for offroading.

The steering in the game really likes extreme inputs; it's expecting you to be slamming the thumbstick all the way to the side so that translates to full-lock on a wheel.

• Just wanted to come back on my previous comment that FH5 with a wheel is a disappointment.

In the meantime I'm about 50h in the game and I've mastered it quite well. I just had wrong expectations, having played +100h of FH4 with a controller does not immediately mean success in FH5 with a wheel. I had to lower the difficulty a little and start with lower end cars (e.g. max class A 800). At first that was already tough enough, but gradually I could crank up the difficulty and start driving S1 & S2 class cars.

I've now recently started driving one of my most favorites from FH4: the Porsche 918 Spider. Now I can keep it under control again, while at first I was all over the place 🙄

So for any out there considering buying a wheel: just have a bit of patience getting used to it 😁