New Fanatec wheelbase releasing anytime soon?

I’m looking to upgrade my DD Pro soon. I have a friend who is just getting into Sim racing and he will be buying my wheelbase. I thought about upgrading to the DD1 or DD2 but from what I read they use older tech motors compared to the DD Pro. I’m not saying it’s bad. I’m sure it’s great. But I don’t really want to go backwards with last gen tech just for more power. Does anyone know if Fanatec will be releasing any new wheel bases soon? Otherwise I may need to abandon ship and look elsewhere :/

Comments

• DD2 is not using "older" tech motors, just "different" tech motors.

Imo the DD2 outrunner motor is still far superior (also in terms of cogging).

There are no news about a new base so nobody knows if Fanatec releases something new anytime soon or not.

• well, they're different points of view but, what's a fact, is that the price is not according to the current market situation, and it costs to invest in old technology having the doubt if Fanatec is going to release something new or not, so my opinion is that Fanatec should be transparent with this. 

If you as a Fanatec tester comment that, we already get the idea that, at least this year, we aren't going to see anything new.

From my point of view, a new base is needed between the 8nm csldd and dd2, and with another qr system at the height of what we're seeing in other manufacturers, as the qr2 does not seem to solve the current (design) problem of disconnections in the csldd/ddpro.

• edited July 2023

"as the qr2 does not seem to solve the current (design) problem of disconnections in the csldd/ddpro."

How do you come to that conclusion? The QR2 is not released yet, so you cant judge about "it does not seem to solve the current (design) problem of disconnections".

Also it was confirmed in April 2021 that a new DD is in the works which will fill the obvious gap between CSL DD and P DD1 (quite obviously a CS DD). But since then no news.

And, again, P DD does not use "old" tech. Outrunner motors are still "current" tech - just "different" tech than the inrunner motors ;)

Both motors have their advantages and disadvantages but none is "old" tech.

• csdd? understood, I was not aware of this news, come on, neither I nor anyone around me. I understand that this information has been given in the forums and not officially, can it be?

Regarding the qr2 is easy: as long as you have the same usbc connection to the base the problem will remain, since the connection is loosening with use and you have to be tightening it from time to time.

Moreover, for those units that already come with the correct tightening torque, when the user releases it to install the new qr2, if you do not tighten it correctly you will have a problem that you did not have before.

That's my point.

• Tighten it to 15 Nm with a torque wrench and you'll never have any problems. It's a shame it's not properly tightened at the factory.

• I have a different beast of a problem in my 8 NM GT DD PRO, I own 4 wheels all of them with QR Lite, I have align and tighten the shaft to the corresponding 15NM (bough a torque wrench for this).

But was facing an issue when tackling high FFB zones (brake and fast corners) that after a couple of seconds the FFB disappears and the wheel disconnects (similar to the shaft disconnect); but given that I have "fixed" the shaft issue i start looking at other problems and saw a small play in the plastic QR contact to the wheel shaft.

During High FFB zones the FFB can rotate from one side to the other with high force, having a small play in the PLastic QR for loose tolerances, and also wear and tear in the plastic noch inside the wheel QR for constantly exchanging wheels; then the wheel disconnects during those High FFB zones.

I had to recur to using duct tape over the wheel QR noch (in all my wheels) to get rid of the play and securely coupling the my wheels to the base.

Initially I was hoping to buy a new QR lite fut those are not for sale.

Looking forward for the QR2 Lite, to fig the issues with the loose fabrication tolerances that are been used in the current plastic QR1