CSL DD impassable

I have an extremely big problem with the new DD Wheelbase. Haven't ridden a lap since I got them. I grounded the complete ALU-RIG+Pedals+rubber under the DD. As soon as I turn on the DD Base, my LC brake spins crazy and I can't drive. The base has a huge grounding problem. where can I ground the wheelbase?

Wheelbase OFF works Fine without issues : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb3VByDwXYM

Wheelbase ON VERY BAD : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLUa8zjGem8

Comments

• edited August 2023

I would be careful of 2 things when grounding the rig. It is made of anodized aluminium, so the surface layer is insulating. Ground the parts with the cuts, which expose the raw metal.

For the same reason, there must be more than one grounding points, all those in contact with the steering wheel and pedals, because each separate piece is isolated from the one next to it.

If you have it use a usb hub to connect Wheelbase to PC.

If it doesn't work, or you have to buy, buy a PCI Express card with USB ports, and use those to connect your Fanatec motor.

• The Wheelbase dont tuch anything of my Sim-RIG !!!! Nothing is contact with the RIG.

I can put the Wheelbase 10 meters away from my PC and i have the same Big Issue.

Also i put the USB cable out of my PC and i start only the Wheelbase the Loadcell shaking like hell.

Its not the USB connection

• Just to understand.

If you disconnect the USB cable of the pedals and wheelbase from the PC, how can you see that the loadcell is shaking? Where do you read the signal from?

Because the signal comes to PC via USB cable. I can't understand, the signal necessarily passes through the USB port, otherwise how would the PC read it? And also the wrong signal comes to the USB port of the PC.

Induced currents are precisely induced, they do not need electrical contact to circulate.

Then you have to force them to circulate in your grounding system, if it is up to standard, grounding everything.

Or you have to isolate the system for example with a UPS group, if your ground system is not good.