How to setup CSL DD PRO for Forza in Xbox?

Andras MakkosAndras Makkos Member
edited September 2023 in Forza Motorsport

So first of all, I tried many settings for Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 5.

My problem is, the wheel over about 140 km/hour pulls even in a straight road. So if I don't grab the wheel it moves from right to left.

If I redzce the FFD it won't solve the problem, just it gives less power, so I can correct it this behaviour.

So as I mentiend I have a DD Pro, with an Xbox series X.

Comments

• there could be multi reasons

too low steering angle

your force feedback setting at game are negative instead off positive , don't ask me if its possible change, i not have this game

• do you notice that it pulls to one side when you don't let go of the steering wheel?

• You can find the video, what I have recorded about the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6IeXnp2o0Y

I reset all of the in game settings, as you can see about 200 km/hour the wheel moves, and difficult to correct

• It looks like you're experiencing oscillation when you remove your hands from the wheel. My question is, why are you removing your hands from the wheel? Some oscillation is not uncommon, and this appears to be mild enough that by keeping both hands on the wheel, your hands and arms act as natural dampers, and you'd barely feel or be affected by it at all.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited September 2023

thing is tho,if you are at straight line this actually not happens with real car so he have same odd feeling like allot others

but yes in safety reasons you should really not release hands from steering wheel first place even in reality, expect if you already at in near wall for crash

• I released the wheel because of the demonstration... If I grab the wheel, this oscillation won't go away, just I have to deal with it. This oscillation causes instability of car, because I always try to correct this.

• Gregg DomainGregg Domain Member
    edited September 2023

These are the settings that I've used for FM7 on Xbox One.

(Fanatec driver v439 - I've never been compelled to upgrade beyond that)

SEN 900

FF 100

FFS PEAK

NDP OFF

NFR OFF

NIN OFF

INT OFF

FEI 100

In-game:

Steering Axis Deadzone Inside 0

Steering Axis Deadzone Outside 100

Vibration Scale 10

FFB Scale 100

Aligning Torque Scale 105

Mechanical Trail Scale 100

Pneumatic Trail Scale 120

Road Feel Scale 90

Load Sensitivity 75

Wheel Damper Scale 15

Center Spring Scale 20

Dynamic Damper Behavior 75

Wheel Rotation Angle 900

Steering Linearity 50

Tested with the Indy car at Indianapolis, indeed there is a fair amount of oscillation if you remove your hands from the wheel. There were some fairly strong kicks especially noticeable while cornering, but to me it felt mostly ok, which I interpreted as bumps and the reaction of the car's suspension to the cornering loads. I've never driven an Indycar or anything close to it in real life, but it all felt reasonably good to me.

The thing with oscillation is that it starts with very little movement and then amplifies more and more the longer you let it go. By keeping your hands on the wheel, your hands and arms are absorbing and correcting for this small bit of movement usually without you even noticing. If it really bothers you, you might try increasing the NDP and/or NIN values on the wheelbase to counteract it. This will make the wheel feel more "sluggish" and resistant to changes of direction, but can also make it more difficult to feel fine detail and to make quick steering corrections (to catch a slide, for example).

I don't think there are any "perfect" settings, you're always going to have some degree of oscillation present, it's just a limitation of the hardware/software. It's all about finding a reasonable compromise.

edited September 2023

that issue have allot games really. i played the American truck simulator for example and this even started happen with a car what stays still

for me it fixed at there for increase the steering angle

it could be that there is some-sort firmware bug what calculates this wrongly depends off steering angle

• My comment from the Motorsport Settings post:

"I'm super happy with these settings (CSL DD 8nm, X-box series X) based on the 'Racing from Home' YouTube channel (the guy spent hours perfecting it). Tested on regular road cars but it's a great foundation that you don't need to change, and rather adjust the car settings where needed (GT and F1).

Tuning Menu Settings:

SEN 2520

FFB 100

FFS Peak

NDP 10

NFR 5

NIN 5

INT OFF

FEI 100

In-Game Settings:

Steering Axis Deadzone Inside 0

Steering Axis Deadzone Outside 100

Accel Axis Deadzone Inside 15

Accel Axis Deadzone Outside 100

Decel Axis Deadzone Inside 25

Decel Axis Deadzone Outside 95

Clutch Axis Deadzone Inside 10

Clutch Axis Deadzone Outside 100

Ebrake Axis Deadzone Inside 10

Ebrake Axis Deadzone Outside 100

Vibration scale 40

Force feedback scale 100

Steering Self Alignment 100

Mechanical trail scale 65

Pneumatic Trail Scale 125

Road Feel Scale 200

Load Sensitivity 60

Wheel Damping Scale 40

Center Spring Scale 80

Dynamic Damper Behaviour 100

Steering Sensitivity 100

Steering Linearity 50

I had an issue with the settings 'as is' that I borrowed from the 'Racing from Home' channel when the cabin wheel and hands animation weren't in sync with the physical wheel, it was at least 2x times faster (SEN = AUTO, Steering Sensitivity = 50). When I changed SEN to 252 and Steering Sensitivity to 100, the issue was gone, yet I still have around the usual 900 degrees of rotation 'lock to lock'. The overall experience and feel are amazing, I don't want to change anything, apart from the actual racing skill =)

And I believe you can then tweak the 'steering rotation' and sensitivity per car in the car's settings if you need quicker and more limited steering for GT and F1 cars without changing the main settings.

PS Braking limits help me brake more consistently at 80% with standard CSL pedals without the Load Cell."

• if you use these settings the SEN 2520 on the wheel is important, i dont get perfect scale between my wheel on screen and mine ( formula 2.5) havent found a way to fix that yet, but if i lower the SEN i get the oscillation you talk about, the lower sen, the stronger it gets at lower speed,

edited October 2023

thing is , not every game supports this Auto mode so not always the 2520 is a option

• if i put (sen) on 2520 my car doesn't turn lol