DD1 not working after automatic firmware update

Hello,

After I plugged it in for the first time, I saw that the firmware must be updated (in Fanatec Control Panel).

After updating everything and a restart of the PC it started running the fan on 100% and freezing usb slots. Plus it’s not detectable by any Fanatec software.

I tried different usb slots, but it didn’t help. So I followed the guide they have in Control Panel and tried to flush the firmware.

Now it’s in this state (see the video) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ASEq0tKwBnIERfMrEPhYGjQXGB7KVqYy/view?usp=sharing

I presume now I need to calibrate it with buttons on the wheel? No matter what I press nothing happens.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Aleks

Comments

• now you need calibrate steering wheel.

• Really sorry for the late reply, Allan.

And thank you for the help. I didn't even notice the button...

Will search for the calibration video/manual and let you know if it worked.

• I calibrated it, device is not detectable still. Tried to restart PC - nothing.

Restarting DD1 asks for calibration again, every single time. Strange, because it says it's saved...

What could be wrong?

• Should I try to send the logs to support?

• Same issue. Motor firmware update failed. I have sent logs in to support.

• Hey David,

Thank you for letting me know! Please update if you hear something from them. Will send them the logs too..

Not sure what else can I try at this point.

• Forgot to post an update.

It was fixed, support sent me the previous patch (439) and I flushed the firmware to the previous version as well.