DD2 hardware installation

Dear friends,

I am a happy owner of a CSL DD PRO wheel base with 8nm. I have decided to upgrade to a DD2 wheel base.

I have the actual CSL DD PRO attached with the three screw system on a GT TRACK NEXT LEVEL RACING cockpit.

Can the DD2 be also attached to it? I can see only 2 screw holes in the DD2 base, which concerns me if the attachment to the flat base will be stiff enough as it hasn't got the 3 holes system that makes a "triangle" support...

Any experiences or official comments?

Best regards,

Miguel

https://nextlevelracing.com/products/next-level-racing-gttrack/?lang=es

Comments

• dd2 have 5 holes at bottom, 2 holes are both in sides, if you want use a side mounting instead

• It will mount on the GT Track plate just fine.

I used to have the GT Track and I will tell you this, although the DD2 will mount and work on that frame, it is going to flex quite a bit with a 25nm wheel base on it.

• 5 holes in the bottom?? that is great! I could see only 2 in the photos, but is also hard to see... then it should fit nicely

Regarding the flex, the cockpit is quite stiff, if it flex it can't be that much, I guess I can leave with it, or maybe upgrade it one day.

Thanks for your answers! I will let you know soon if it has worked fine

Best regards,

Miguel

• Marc BolgerMarc Bolger Member
    edited October 2023

Hi There. I am Marc. Also been called "DrumGunner" I'm a NEWB to sim racing and have been doing this for right about a year. I wanted to start off with decent gear so I started off with a GT-DD Pro , CS V2.5 RIM and the V3 pedals. I originally mounted my GT- to a Monster Mount then bolted to my desk. That plastic wheel base mount from Fanatec I used to clamp it to some aluminum then to my desk. After several months I realized I needed some serious rigidity. So after careful research I ran with a ASR4 Sim Chassis . Now I have this puppy running at 8NM and I see why you guys wear gloves! LOL! So I wanted to ask here since I'm at the wheel base area?... and a DD2 is mentioned as I have been researching vids from SRG and Boosted Media etc.... looking at various wheel base units. I think the software can be a major game changer. I like Fanalab but never really tried anything else too.... I also have that Fanatec McLaren RIM. But I'm trying to decide if I want to jump to a larger wheel base with a Sim Cube Pro 2 or a Fanatec DD2. Personally I think the DD2 should come with the QR2 since that has been Fanatec's biggest challenge maybe to rid the tolerance slop that can exist within the wheel attachment. But I also would like to keep it within the same circle since I already have a couple items. But my main concern is , within the last 3 years or so, has Fanatec upgraded their software to where a Simcube 2 could not out do it? Has anyone here ever tried a Sim Cube 2? And could maybe enlighten me on any differences? I really do like Fanalab.

Naturally too if I'm at a Fanatec forum perhaps I'd get put on blast for asking this but I've looked at Will's videos and Barry's vids and I know it's my decision but maybe the Sim Cube isn't really different in finer feedback. "?" I've seen videos where people have stated that the DD2 feels grainy?

Anyone here ever driven both to share an opinion?