Podium DD1 random loss of FFB in iRacing for a second

In the last couple of days, three times i have noticed that i am losing FFB during a race for a second then it comes back.

It happened 3 times in about 7-8 races. The steering went incredibly light (loss of FFB) and nearly caused me to crash but the FFB was back to normal a second later

Ive seen on the fanatec facebook group at least 3 others have also reported the same issue and it seems to be happening since the new season iRacing update

Im running the latest firmware and have never had any issues with it before now.

Any ideas? Hopefully its just software to do with the iracing update?

Thanks

Comments

• I've noticed that after the last iRacing update, could be on iRacing side. I've made no changes to my Fanatec DD1 or wheels

• Ive been experiencing the same issue, it only started after the iRacing 2023 S3 update which occured along with some stuttering in game.

I seem to have eliminated the game stuttering by moving most ancillary devices to a powered USB but I am still suffering a momentary loss of FFB occasionally. It probably hadnt happened in nearly 10 weeks while on driver 451 but has happened twice in the last couple of days on driver 454.

Im still running my DD1 direct off the MB USB 2.0 but am considering swapping to the powered USB hub to see if any difference.

Its not clipping as it can happen with the steering near straight with minimal load both from game and motor but it unloads the FFB which if you have weight on the wheel at the time forces you to to oversteer then over correct in that moment before load occurs.

It happened in a league race on Thursday night (2024 S1 week1) and watching the replay on gyro/cockpit cam you can see the steering inputs go berserk for like a quarter of a second.

I dont know if it is an iRacing or Fanatec issue. I haven't had it happen on other sim titles, but I dont normally do long sessions in them either.

• Hy, the same issue started yestoday by me. I reistalled everything, drivers, fanatec firmware etc. After fanalab and simhub delete it went away, but i think this is not the good way to solve this.

• Same issue and seems to be getting worse, any fix? I tried a fresh install for drivers, firmware, etc. no fix

• Anyone find a solution to this. ive been experiencing this as well. my only assumption is that it is the newer version of fanatec software.

• i reached out to customer support. one thing to add is that im not losing connection. steering and pedals all still work for the brief sec of ffb loss. hopefully i hear back from them and i can post up what it is they say about it all.