Forza Motorsport - Fanatec user settings DB

Hi everyone!

When I started looking for good wheel settings for Forza Motorsport, I found that everyone had very different settings, even the exact opposite. So I decided to create a table of settings and try them one by one. As a result, I got a table with the settings of different users. Moreover, I decided to go even further, and created a form where everyone can share their settings with other users. All in one database.

Here is the Form where you can share your best settings, or settings from other reputable sources or users:

The resulting table can be found here:

What do you think?

Comments

• JamesJames Member, Administrator

Hi Teppo, thank you for putting this together! The information about the different settings that work well with Forza Motorsport can be very useful for the community.

Best, James

• James, respond please to other topics with delivery and support issues not only at “ useful “ topics.

Thanks.

• Hi everyone!

Some statistics and analysis of collected data as of today. The dataset is pretty small as people don't want to share their settings for some reason, or just use the spreadsheet to find and try different settings. But anyway, we have some data for analysis:

In-game FFB settings (Default | Average | Offset | Standard deviation):

Vibration Scale: DEF 40 | AVG 46 | OFF 15% | STDEV 24 (pretty close to default, only a bit higher, low variation, people are pretty happy with default settings);

Force Feedback Scale: DEF 100 | AVG 97 | OFF -3% | STDEV 17 (very close to default, low variation, people leave it close to default and change the FFB strength in the wheel settings, which is correct);

Steering Self Alignment: DEF 100 | AVG 97 | OFF -3% | STDEV 7 (very close to default, very low variation, people mostly leave it default, and adjust lower settings - Mechanical and Pneumatic scale);

Mechanical Trail Scale: DEF 100 | AVG 119 | OFF +19% | STDEV 36 (+19% from average and wide dispersion, most of people prefer higher values, but some have very high 195 and pretty low 40);

Pneumatic Trail Scale: DEF 100 | AVG 95 | OFF -5% | STDEV 32 (pretty much default average, but with wide dispersion in range from 30 to 150);

Road Feel Scale: DEF 100 | AVG 99 | OFF -1% | STDEV 50 (default average, but with very wide dispersion, I would say this setting is all over the place, ranging from as low as 30 and maxing out to 200);

Load Sensitivity: DEF 50 | AVG 55 | OFF +10% | STDEV 12 (very close to default, low variation, people leave it close to default usually);

Wheel Damping Scale: DEF 100 | AVG 30 | OFF -70% | STDEV 27 (much lower value, very far from default, medium variation, people tend to set very low values, much lower than default, ranging from as low as 0 to default value, sometimes compensating that with damping in the wheel settings to avoid oscillations);

Center Spring Scale: DEF 100 | AVG 38 | OFF -62% | STDEV 42 (much lower value, very far from default, pretty high variation, another setting where people tend to set low values, much lower than default, ranging from complete OFF to 130)

Dynamic Damper Behavior: DEF 100 | AVG 42 | OFF -58% | STDEV 35 (much lower value, far from default, wide dispersion in range from complete OFF up to default);

Steering Sensitivity: DEF 50 | AVG 52 | OFF +4% | STDEV 11 (this setting should be set to default, some users set it different because of incorrect sensitivity setting on the wheel and trying to compensate it here);

Steering Linearity: DEF 50 | AVG 49 | OFF -3% | STDEV 6 (the same as above, this setting should be set to default, some users set it different because of incorrect sensitivity setting on the wheel and trying to compensate it here);

===

Please note that these settings are working together and balancing each other, you can increase one value in a cost of other. Think of them as ingredients in a cocktail, where you can put more vodka but less juice, or opposite, the taste will be different ... :)