Forza Horizon 5 Doesn't seem to recognize CSL DD 8NM after latest driver update.

Just bought my first sim set up got all the firmware updated and drivers updated a couple days ago, to the 453 driver. got on played around briefly with horizon and then got off and messed with a few other games. Got on the next day and downloaded the 454 driver, now when i boot up the game and go into settings it shows that a wheel is attached but every option has the "do-not-enter" symbol and won't let me use the wheel. I've tried the different input modes, and the only change is when it goes into xbox mode horizon says to reconnect the controller. When i drive around in game with my controller and the wheel still plugged in, the wheel will do some force feedback sometimes if the pedal is depressed or something, haven't nailed down all those weird things yet.

I have also tried rolling back the driver update, and nothing changed. tried repairing drivers a few times.

Any ideas?

Comments

• I forgot to mention the setup. CSL DD 8 NM, McLaren GT3 v2 wheel, CSL pedals with load cell (only accelerator and brake) (plugged into the wheelbase).

After messing with it a little more I found that nothing will happen when driving the vehicle with my controller, but if i touch the accelerator, it seems to remember that a wheel is attached and do the force feedback through the wheel. But the pedals do not control anything and the wheel doesn't control anything, the pedal only starts the wheel doing force feedback and the wheel does not steer, nor do any of the buttons work.

• Try without controller. Dont start the game in administrator mode. Choose in the controller settings not the fanatec, but unique wheel. Try pedals via usb. Change usb slots.

• I use the CLS DD as well. Driver 440 seems to work if your pedals (Clubsport Pedals V3) are connected with the RJ12 to the base. As of now that is the only driver I know of that doesn't have any problems with FH5.

• Tim SchäferTim Schäfer Member
    edited December 2023

I have the same problem with Forza 5 and a very similar setup (CSL DD 8 NM, McLaren GT3 v2 wheel, Clubsport v3 pedals here). All the Fanatec hardware also does not work with Forza 4 for me. In Dirt 2 I have a large dead zone in the middle of the wheel that is not displayed in the Fanatec tool, and that I cannot get rid off via the Dirt 2 settings.

I only recently bought the gear, I installed the 454 driver when I bought it, so I cannot comment on other drivers. Is there any place where we should report this? I am actually a bit concerned, I spend 850 € on hardware and it is not supported by various games. The hardware is definitely functional, as the Fanatec driver tool shows, and it also works perfectly in ACC, but I thought it would work with all games. Since people here report that it worked with older drivers, I guess I should just chill and wait for a new driver, right?

• Think I’m having the same issue. CSL dd on windows 10. Have been playing ACC, dirt rally 2 and forza horizon 5 since August all in compatibility mode just for simplicity. Driver 451 and 454 have been fine but after updating to 455 games aren’t recognising compatibility mode. ACC and DR2 work in pc mode but FH5 is no longer playable. Fanatec control app shows switching between pc mode and compatibility to be working and windows recognises both modes also but none of my games see it at all. Have tried driver 454 again, reinstalling the Fanatec control app, switched usb ports on computer but nothing has worked. Even reinstalled FH5 and so far nothing has worked.

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited January 12

You may have to also roll back some or all of the "Hardware Firmware for Motor, Wheel Base, Quick Release, Wheel" also that matches the previous Drivers you were using. Seems to be a problem with Xbox mode and others in the new FW and Driver v455 combination updates.

********* To roll back FW is a more involved process and not recommended for the faint hearted, You may make your gear totally inoperable and have to send back to Fanatec. *********

1) Turn off Wheel base.

2) Remove current driver v455 from computer and reboot.

3) Install the older driver you wish to go back to: ie: v440, v451 and reboot computer again.

4) Turn on Wheel base.

5) Check the following file in the location on your computer for Driver Version and FW revision numbers: "c:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\fw\changelog.xml"

Ie:

v455

• CSL DD / GT DD PRO Base   : 1.1.11.3   (NEW)

• CSL DD / GT DD PRO Motor   : 1.0.3.2   

• CSL DD / GT DD PRO WQR   : 6.0.1.1

v451

• CSL DD / GT DD PRO Base   : 1.1.8.5

• CSL DD / GT DD PRO Motor   : 1.0.3.2

v440

• CSL DD / GT DD PRO Base   : 1.1.6.4   (NEW)

• CSL DD / GT DD PRO Motor   : 1.0.2.2

6) ******** Read the below PDF completely before doing anything. *********

7) From PDF Page 12-14, Use the Firmware manager -> Manual Update mode -> Choose the corresponding component and previous FW revision that matches with your current Driver package.

8) Optionally, wait for a new driver in this new year to correct issues hopefully.