330 or 320 diameter? Your opinion

I need your opinion. I am planning to upgrade my WRC wheel. I am going for the hub with a specific round rim.

I am just a little bit undecided whether to go for a 330 or 320 diameter.

Currently I am into ACC, WRC, GT7, Forza all on consoles. I also own the McLaren wheel, which I will still use.

I want to use the round rim mainly for WRC and the “low level” cars in the other games.

I am leaning towards the 330 diameter cause it should work best with WRC. And maybe adding a 300 diameter GT rim in the future.

What is your suggestion and why?

Side note: My base is strong enough to handle all diameter and weight.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I've used 270-350 on my DD1. My personal preference is 300-330. But I can hardly tell the difference between 320 and 330.

The one consideration to take into account is your response time through the wheel. Smaller being faster. So in rally you may want to go smaller?

But if you're looking at Fanatec Rims, the 330 with the blue stripe and orange stitch is nice looking ;) But it's flat. So if you want to do add a Button Rally Module in the future consider something with a dish.

• Good point about the Button module (I already thought about it). I’ll check the rims again (I like the orange/blue of the 330 a lot). :)

Regarding the rim being smaller for Rally. I checked real Rally wheels and the Fanatec Monte Carlo. They are all more 330 than 320.

Which brings me to a detail in the Fanatec Webshop (at least the German version), which might be wrong. The Swedish Rally wheel states it is a replica of the Sparco Monte Carlo (which is 330), but the description states the Swedish is 320.

• Yeah. I accidentally ordered that rim when i realized it was alcantara and couldn't find a dish measurement. So i cancelled it.

• I am also not the biggest fan of Alcantara (even with gloves), so I am looking for a leather wheel. I still have to think about, but maybe 320 or 330 does not matter that much. So I might just take the one with is more appealing to me (orange/blue). And maybe add the Podium P300 later.