Clubsport v2.5x and XBOX mode

Hi - this wheel has the lastest firmware as of Jan 9 2024 and it works on the PC. However XBox mode doesn't appear on the wheel (only PC and PC comp mode appear when switching modes) Is this expected behaviour? I tried connecting to the xbox (and turning the xbox on first or after connecting) As I understand the power button on the wheel LED is green in XBox mode - this never happens.

Comments

• 455, seems have a issue with xbox , one what you can todo is take steering wheel out and then add it back , when i tested this then it worked

• Yeah I’m having the same issue. Xbox mode disappeared and the wheel is no longer found. How do I fix this?

• You need to go back to 451, the latest stable driver.

• downgrade back to 451

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited January 19

If you have a CSL DD / DD Pro, remove the drive shaft from the motor and check the mini USB connector for damage (Pins or shell), If it is ok then reinsert drive shaft so that it is butted up securely and re-tension the U clamp to the recommended torque 12-15nm. Check Fanatec manual or YT videos on how to do this correctly. If its damaged then obviously it is a RMA to Fanatec.

I summarize that if the motor can't see a Xbox security chip in Wheel it will not allow you to change to Xbox mode at all, If Steering wheel is not detected at all then the internal USB connector in the end of the motors shaft is damaged, partially working or totally disconnected from the motors internal USB connector, caused by the shaft not being clamped tightly enough from the factory.

• edited January 19

Da un giorno all'altro non riesco piu passare alla modalita xbox,modalita che non vieni riconosciuta ne meno dal panello dei drive fanatec.riconosce solo modalita pc e pc comp.

ho provato tutte le versioni dei driver (451-452-454-455) nessun esito . la base continaua a non riconoscere la modalità xbox.

Ho visto diverse soluzione sui forum ma nessuna ha funzionato. quando cerco di resetare il volante mi dice drive firewll inesistente.

Da premettere che in modalita pc ed comp viene riconosciuto bene .

Grazie per ogni aiuto.

•  Surely you have the same problem as me the steering wheel recognizes the xbox chip but it doesn't make it work as it should. in fact, attached is an image that you will surely also have in your USB input devices with this configuration. the point is that there is also a video on YouTube of a person who explains how to reinstall USB drives.

But I think in our case we have a driver detection problem.

In fact, I followed the video but it didn't solve my problem.

There is no longer anything on the internet about this problem.

I opened a fanatec ticket if I have more information I'll update you

• Hi, sorry to bother you but I saw that you are much more knowledgeable than me and I need some help.

I can see xbox mode, but it won't connect as you can see from the video above.

And I cancel because I tried to change PC and when I insert the USB when it turns on the plug-in of the xbox drive it freezes and stays in a loop as if it can't read after which when I remove the plug-in an error message comes out.

you also have a video that I inserted above thanks.

• @Leandro Goncalves

To help I would need to see your most recent "Fanatec Logs" to see where the driver installs may be failing, as by the video you provided you seem to be missing some key components in the Xbox compatible section on your own Device Driver view.

Generating the collection of Log Files process:

1) Open "Fanatec Control panel" your motor and wheel powered off.

2) Go to bottom right of screen to LOG Settings -> then press the "Collect LOG Files Button", this will open the folder containing all your Archived LOG files, Take note of the latest version by the Time and Date Stamp in the filename, ie "FanatecDiag_21-01-2024_xx-xx-xx.zip".

3) Post in forum by clicking the "Paper Clip icon" and when asked for the file, browse to the following directory and click the file you generated in step 2: "C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs\FanatecDiag_21-01-2024_xx-xx-xx.zip".

4) Depending on what I see in your "Fanatec Logs", I could probably recommend:

Uninstalling Fanatec Drivers, and a manual clean up of any left over Fanatec components, Directories, Files and Devices that aren't removed normally.

Don't have Fanalabs running at anytime during driver changes or Mode changes.

Don't have any Anti-virus software running whilst installing Drivers as it can interfere with proper installation at times.

Don't run USB from motor thru any USB HUBS, always direct to USB's ports on Computer or XBOX.

Last resort, remove CSL DD drive shaft, check internal micro USB-C port for damage, if ok then reseat shaft and re-clamp to spec.

• I am immensely grateful for your support. I am attaching the file you asked for

I checked the tree several times but I didn't solve it.

I have not yet installed Fanalab since the last uninstallation.

I haven't tried to manually remove all the files that I'm missing.

So I'm waiting for your response, thanks.

• If connected to a PC does the Fanatec Control Panel show the CSL DD in Xbox mode at anytime when switched to that mode by the Wheel button combination or by the power button being cycled to green mode.

By the same token does it show in "Windows Device Manager", (View -> Devices By Container + Show Hidden Devices settings) , the Fanatec drivers Icons changing from white faded to Blackened for each mode as it is selected, PC, PC compatability = CSW base v2.5 and XBox mode, (Per the Video you supplied on how to diagnose the drivers).

• OK I UNDERSTAND I HAVE TO DELETE THE HIDDEN DRIVERS.

ALREADY TRIED.IF YOU SEE ABOVE I ALSO SHOWN THAT INPUT IS MISSING ON XBOX MODE.

• There are only two instances in your log files that show Xbox mode ever working, they are as follows:

As soon as you updated Firmware Version Wheel Base from v1.1.5.5 to 1.1.10.5 no more XBox mode detection until it was combined with Driver V455.

Can't explain differences in Device Product ID and Wheel Type.

If your installing the Fanatec Tray Utility, don't, it has been known to causes issues, I had problems with it when I first installed my setup.

Whilst against my better judgement and it is very risky, I can't take any responsibility for adverse effects. I would try a Driver roll back to say v440 so you can achieve a similar FW revisions history as the below v452 example with FW in BOLD as most important.

1) Driver v452 with the following Firmware revisions:

FWMNGR: Device Product ID: 32

FWMNGR: Device Name: System.Char[]

FWMNGR: Device Type: 1

FWMNGR: Firmware Version Wheel Base: 1.1.5.5 Status:0

FWMNGR: Wheel Type: 17

FWMNGR: Base Type: 10

FWMNGR: Steering Wheel Type: 11

FWMNGR: Pedal Type: 2

FWMNGR: Shifter State: 2

FWMNGR: Firmware Version Rim: 40.0.0.0 Status:0

FWMNGR: Firmware Version Motor Major: 1.0.1.3 Status:0

FWMNGR: Firmware Version WQR: 6.0.0.2 Status:0

2) Driver v455 with the following Firmware revisions:

FWMNGR: Device Product ID: 4

FWMNGR: Device Name: System.Char[]

FWMNGR: Device Type: 1

FWMNGR: Firmware Version Wheel Base: 1.1.10.5 Status:0

FWMNGR: Wheel Type: 13

FWMNGR: Base Type: 10

FWMNGR: Steering Wheel Type: 11

FWMNGR: Pedal Type: 2

FWMNGR: Shifter State: 2

FWMNGR: Firmware Version Rim: 47.0.0.0 Status:0

FWMNGR: Firmware Version Motor Major: 1.0.3.2 Status:0

FWMNGR: Firmware Version WQR: 6.0.1.1 Status:0

FWMNGR: TimerRimChange_Tick waiting for device arrival...

FWMNGR: FWheelEnumerator::DeviceModeGet strPid: 0F73

FWMNGR: OnDeviceChange::DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL >> \\?\HID#VID_0EB7&PID_0F73&IG_00#7&172c485e&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}

FWMNGR: TimerRimChange_Tick FanatecDeviceDetected

FWMNGR: PrivateStepWheelBaseConsoleCheck >>

FWMNGR: PrivateStepWheelBaseConsoleCheck m_DeviceMode:3

FWMNGR: PrivateStepWheelBaseConsoleCheck showing XBO mode instruction

FWMNGR: PrivateStepWheelBaseConsoleCheck <<

FWMNGR: PrivateFirmwareUpdateNextStep >> 4

• Although I know this will not help you, I have a DD1 @PS4 combo with F1 Wheel I'll post my Device manager picture of Fanatec Modes, shows PC = Podium Wheel base DD1, PC Comp = CSW base v2.5, PS4, PS4 Comp = CSL Elite +.

I can see the issue your talking about with the Xbox missing the USB port device, etc on your setup. I think it is a lucky dip with the mixture of drivers and FW for the base and or the Wheel rim. I would do the main base FW back to 1.1.5.5 as that may allow the base to swap modes correctly to Xbox mode, see if that works first at the basic level of turning on the motor a fresh and see if you can put it in green Xbox mode.

If your running windows 11 as it seems from the directx.txt log, it may a operating system issue that can only be fixed with a reload, I had another guy that I helped with Windows 11 and he reloaded a fresh and it fixed all the issues he had. There were a few very unusual error reports in you logs that would seem to indicate that the driver install didn't have permissions to write or read files, I have never seen those types of errors before.

• I see that I have a restore point that Windows recommends to correct fanatec error.

But I also tried on another PC to no avail, how is this possible?

Maybe I had the wrong driver version if I'm not mistaken it was 451

• Always possible that Fanatec gear is just damaged and can't be fixed by any drivers or Firmware updates / roll backs, so it would be better to wait for Fanatec support to guide you better than I can.

If you tried on another computer with a fresh load of Fanatec Drivers v451 or lower, then that should have made it work by all counts, but others with similar Xbox mode problems happened when updating to v455 and updating all the Firmware to motor, base, wheel, wireless Quick Release, so it could be anyone of those updates that caused the issue, so when they rolled back to V451 (Known as a very stable version) it still didn't fix the Xbox mode problem, so it could be that any one of the Motor, Base, Wheel or WQR Firmware is the problem and hasn't been rolled back far enough to remove the problem of the motor switching into Xbox (Green) mode.

This is why I suggested to go back as far as driver v440 and loading very old versions of the FW for Motor, Base, Wheel and WQR Firmware as shown in previous post under 1) Driver v452 with the following Firmware revisions:.

With the new info of it not working on another computer, then reloading Windows 11 or using the restore point may be a waste of time on your current rig, it points to the issue being in the CSL DD and Wheel FW software or hardware.

• This is an extract of those weird errors I talked about:

FCpl: UtilFirmwareVersion::LatestFirmwareVersionRead error:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Impossibile trovare una parte del percorso 'C:\WINDOWS\fw\versions.xml'.

in System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

in System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

in System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)

in System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)

in System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)

in System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)

in System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)

in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)

in System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

in System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()

in System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

in System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)

in System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

in System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)

in FanatecControlPanel.UtilFirmwareVersion.LatestFirmwareVersionRead()

• I THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING BUT IT DIDN'T WORK.

I ALSO RESTART WINDOWS AND NOTHING

AND AS IF THERE WAS NO XBOX POPUP

COM. MODE IN PC MODE IT IS IMMEDIATELY RECOGNIZED.

I WILL WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE.

Maybe decide for a refund because I see from the various forums that the product is too problematic.

• I have the same problem. I would like to know if you managed to solve it yourself or if I have to send it to Fanatec so that they can make the Xbox mode work again?