Paddle shifter stuck

Hey guys. I bought a CSL DD wheel/base/pedal set a few weeks ago. Yesterday the right paddle shifter got stuck. There's something that's come loose or broken off inside and it'll move around as I move the wheel, sometimes moving so the paddle works again, but whatever it is regularly gets stuck behind the shifter again.

Has anyone torn down the wheel? I'd like to try fixing it myself but I don't want to start pulling stuff apart that's too delicate. Has anyone tried it before? Or am I better off just sending it back to Fanatec?

Comments

• You didn't specify what wheel it is. If it's the P1 v2 you can't take it apart, it's glued.

• Hey Alessandro, thanks for that. It is actually the P1 v2. I'll wait to hear from them....I wanted to call but couldn't find a phone number anywhere, I don't suppose you'd know where to find it? I'm in Australia.

Thanks again!

• edited January 22

It is glued at the top, so you can only peek inside, but not reach the gear shift mechanism.

I tried to disassemble it because the right lever was making a terrible noise.

The lever acts on a cylinder which in turn presses on a "snapdome" switch. This "snapdome" is nothing more than a "bubble" of thin sheet metal glued to the circuit. If pressed too hard it emits a loud metallic noise, and eventually breaks and comes loose from its seat.

However, I discovered that the problem was solved simply by tightening the three right side screws in front of the steering wheel less tightly. I have no doubt that by continuing to use the steering wheel with the screws tightened, my gear lever would also have broken.

Contacting support without trying to fix it yourself is best.

• Thanks heaps for your advice Alessandro, much appreciated. If I remember I'll update this thread with how it goes.

• 11 days and still no response from Fanatec except for the auto response saying they'll get back to me in 3-5 days!