FullForce suggestion

Excited about hopefully getting FullForce support in Gran Turismo soon.

Anyway, one thing I read about Logitech's TrueForce is that it does a whole lot of things, some of which I like and some of which I don't, and you can't adjust them separately. So here's a suggestion I have for FullForce:

It would be great if the Fanatec Tuning Menu could be extended to allow separating various FullForce effects and adjust them separately. For example:

• road texture
  • curbs
  • engine vibrations

I don't think I would want to have engine vibrations in my wheel *at all*. Because I think although it might be realistic, I think I'd mostly only find it annoying. However, I would very much like to feel curbs, and also road texture to some extent, I think.

So it would be fantastic if it were possible for us to adjust which type of feedback we're getting in which strength through the Tuning Menu.

Comments

• edited March 16

This wont happen in the Tuning Menu as FullForce is a new FFB protocol which the game developer implements to how the game devs want and the FullForce Tuning Menu setting is intended to only control the strength of the overall native FullForce implementation from the respective game.

Maybe you can tune effects in FanaLab when you disable the native game support and add effects through the Lab but definitely not through the Tuning Menu when you want to experience the native game implementation.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited March 16

not sure if that is possible at least in current method how they use the FullForce

if they add some group and the naming support as well in the SDK, then its thinkable

the problem starts that one effect can have multi signals, so its needed be have group support as well

• From a user point of view, wouldn't it be Fan(t)a(s)tec for us to have control over which effect (road texture, engine vibration, etc) is rendered with which intensity? So if game developers are working on adding support for the new SDK right now, anyway, wouldn't it be the perfect time right now to add APIs to the SDK to allow users to fine tune things like this via Tuning Menu (or FanaLab)?

Being a developer myself (not a game dev, though), I'm thinking that adding a feature like this to the SDK some time down the road will have much less chance of being supported by game developers. But if it were integral part of the new TrueForce SDK from the get go, chances would be much higher to get supported by game devs, no?

Anyway, my idea/wish might already come too late, because the new SDK is probably already finalized by now.

On a side note: Does anybody have a good estimate for when Gran Turismo will add FullForce support? I suppose hoping for 1.44 would be too optimistic? Can't wait to try it out!!

• edited March 16

That would be Fan(t)a(s)tec, sure, but not possible through the Tuning Menu setting (as it would be indeed waaaaaaaaaay too late to add such stuff at this point), only through FanaLab this might be possible in the future though, lets see.

Nobody knows when GT7 will add FullForce. They are working on implementing it as well as a preset for the GT DD Extreme Bundle which then also supports the ITM and LEDs of the Dpads, but there is no ETA when that will be done.

• it's not too late, as its possible add extra for that fullforce command if you know the c++ and game devs can add that in future updates, if they want this way, if not then its possible just ignore

edited March 16

no. fanatec not currently have control off those effects as they not fully know what effect what is doing, like i tell some effects have multi signals , that info is missing from them

for example in road you can have 2 effects, one vibrates little differently another does something else , as they belong to same group its needed have group info for that, but fanatec not have this info.

that same thing is also in Direct input , so they not fully actually know what effect does what.

• edited March 16

When it comes to SDK stuff you always seem to think you are smarter than our devs....

As I said: This is not planned and will not be implemented to change FullForce effects through the Tuning Menu - fullstop.

Only through FanaLab you might be able to change FullForce effects.

edited March 16

i not say i'm smarter but i not code first day either, i seen a life

also i have Fanatec SDK soo i know what current FullForce does

edited March 16

when Microsoft added the Force feedback support for they DirectInput they never think ed about this either as it was new. and no one at back then not even think that someone want control separately the effects with 3 party app.

if someone would give that idea in at that time then he must be nut for todo that because cpu and memory was so limited for run allot apps

so this stuff usually handled by game developers self.

i not care if they add that support or not tho because i not need that, its the Fanatec self who needs think if they want or not make stuff better and more intresting.

• Not saying I'm smarter than the Fanatec devs, of course. Though, I've actually created SDKs myself (not gaming related).

The reason I've started this thread is just to post an idea, in the hope that it might be useful / picked up. Sometimes looking at something with fresh eyes can be helpful. For example, if the Fanatec FullForce SDK would allow (or even force) the game to specify which effect has which purpose, it would give FanaLab great ability to tweak game FullForce implementations.

Anyway, I shared my idea, and now it's time to move on... 😎

Thanks to Allan and Maurice for your replies!

edited March 16

Mathias Rauen

this idea i had myself as well sometime ago but not Fullforce, but after when i make the directinput effect at DirectX i notice, that there no way tell that it's belongs to same group