Waited 6 months for my V2.5X, firmware update bricked it 2 hours later

Hello,

recently I received my black friday V2.5X (finally, lucky me). Unboxed it, drove few nordschleife laps and decided to do firmware update... (My driver was 451 at this moment)

Updater was flashing my wheel in never-ending loop (well atleast for 30 minutes) when I decided to not let it continue (in between of flashes, not during one). My setup is starting in update mode when v2.5x is connected. 451 driver wants to flash it again in recovery mode but nothing changes after my CSL DD reboots. Tried newer drivers (like 454,455,456), they give me "Cannot get firmware stream! 2". Tried few older drivers, they flash (in recovery mode) "default.hex" but it doesnt help at all. I have checked my CSL DD shaft, its seated properly. I have also tried flashing with another computer, the same. Luckily CSL DD still works with my old CSL UHv2 wheel.

Support is not responding. I cant find any way to resurrect this almost brand new wheel. What am I supposed to do now? Wait another 6 months for someone to help me? 🤬

Comments

• Hi 🙋‍♂️ i have the same problem with my new formula V2,5 😡 i have arrived it last week!

nobody from fanatec give a answer on my mail and Nobody go on the telephone 🤬

if youre problem is fixed please give me any update and help me 😅

BR from Austria

• edited April 26

Same error on new 457 driver 💩💩. Support still not answering, definitely my last order from this company

• Does support even exist?

• No nobody answers on my mails or ticket!

I have tried to update the wheel without QR (wheelside) and just by plugging it into the wheelbase alone.

The update worked perfectly with this and was successful.

the wheel are working fine until I tighten the screws of the QR (wheelside).

i found in a other forum that in this case the Wheelbase are defect and must be replaced.

but for this anybody from fanatec must pull the ticket 😤

So you can try to update it without the QR (Wheelside)

• My base works fine with second wheel (am scared to update anything else now). I dont understand how would I connect my V2.5x without using QR?

• Okay tried without QR wheelside. The same error "Cannot get firmware stream! 2". Support still doesnt answer. Am i supposed to throw it into garbage now?