Fanatec Beta Driver V345 for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

124»

Comments

• Don't know if this was caused by this package but after being previously immune I am now suffering from the intermittent notchy steering problem. I had stuck with motor v20 but have now tried switching to v22 - problem seems exactly the same with both - happens intermittently, no discernible pattern - wheel base restart cures it until it eventually happens again - seems to be every 46 - 60 mins. Wheel base is not hot - fan barely running. Annoying!!

CSL Elite PS4
    McLaren Rim
    How does it work with motor v18?
    Will try it. However I hadn't had any issue with v20 for however many months it had been out. Has there been any indication that v18 should minimise this - all the advice I had read was that v20 was best to avoid this issue. 
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Don't know if this was caused by this package but after being previously immune I am now suffering from the intermittent notchy steering problem. I had stuck with motor v20 but have now tried switching to v22 - problem seems exactly the same with both - happens intermittently, no discernible pattern - wheel base restart cures it until it eventually happens again - seems to be every 46 - 60 mins. Wheel base is not hot - fan barely running. Annoying!!

CSL Elite PS4
    McLaren Rim
    How does it work with motor v18?
    Will try it. However I hadn't had any issue with v20 for however many months it had been out. Has there been any indication that v18 should minimise this - all the advice I had read was that v20 was best to avoid this issue. 
    v18 has coil wine on some devices
    v22 has notchy feel on some devices
    v20 seems to be in between and have less of both. 
  • That is just the start, eventually it will cut out every 4-5 min playing.  I would suggest you return yours for RMA also.  I tried many different USB cables, also all ports on the PS4 without success.  I have no idea what is causing it.  It was really weird though, as it was fine for 6-7 hrs play in multiple sessions, then suddenly it started happening and in all sim racing games.
    A single disconnect isn't RMA-worthy, especially considering how many variables are involved. Hopefully my DD1 won't head down the same path yours did, but I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.

• I am still patiently waiting for the notchy/grainy feeling steering to be fixed -- could we get an update on the process? I know it's known, but is there a fix on the horizon?  

It occurs with v20 and v22 for me. 
  • Where can i download the driver-firmware 345 package?

• Where can i download the driver-firmware 345 package?

Initial post in this thread...
  • Just want to know if there is anything with the bug of the rotary encoders missing shifts on DD wheel base with older wheels.
    See back to the post in thread v340

Jean Marth said:
    Hi, I have a problem with the rotary encoder on the DD2 base in combination with my CS Formula black and the CS Porsche 918 RSR wheel.
    With both wheels the rotary encoder does not recognize every impuls. So if I turn in one direction a few impulses a ok then a few a not ok and so on. it's erratic. Maybe 2 to the right are ok then 3 are not recornized then 4 are recognized and so on.

I tried PC driver v335 and the included FW also v336 and now driver 340 with WB FW 658 and Motor FW 30
    I can reproduce the erratic behavour in the function test window of the controller profile as in the used games.
    Is this a driver issue or a malfunctioning wheel base?

It's neither a driver issue nor a DD issue I would say. I think this is a technical limitation of the relatively old hardware in the steering wheels and because these old wheels doesn't have a bootloader mode they can't be updated with a new firmware so this most probably can't be solved.
    It's a known issue, we ware working on it. It's not a problem of the wheel or that it doesn't have a bootloader like Maurice said. 

• edited September 2019

In my case and with the software I use, for example Fedit, it's always the first and always the same device which is capable of FFB. Which games and tools are you using? 
    So I've made more tests, on Windows 7 and also on a Windows 10 I've installed for the occasion.

For WRC 8, some people have the issue of all FFB settings grayed out on Windows 7 with non Fanatec wheels. It's working on W10. On W7 I've tried to change devices order or hide one of them with devreorder, it didn't help with the FFB (but inputs don't work if I reverse the order or hide one of them, I don't rememver if it was the first or the second one).

The apps I was talking about are TeknoParrot v1.92 (last version supporting FFB) and FFB Arcade Plugin with the FFB working on both on W10 and not working on W7 whatever device I select (TeknoParrot's FFB was working fine with the CSL Elite). But they both work on W7 if I reverse the order of both devices with devreorder. So on W10, everything works with the default order, while on W7, some apps require to reverse the order, while doing that makes inputs not working in some (if not most) other apps. Also I think (I may verify next time I boot W10) that the devices are in the same order in W7 and W10 (listed by devreorder's DeviceLister for example) and that the haptic one is the second one (that's the case for sure on W7, if I hide the first one or put it after the second one, the FFB works).

So, it seems there is something different between my perfectly compatible (when I was using it) CSL Elite and the more picky DD on W7, being something specific to the DD or a recent change in the driver which affects all bases (I was using driver 328 with the CSL Elite), which causes this subtle but annoying issue on W7.

Just want to know if there is anything with the bug of the rotary encoders missing shifts on DD wheel base with older wheels.
    See back to the post in thread v340

We are working on it.

In my case and with the software I use, for example Fedit, it's always the first and always the same device which is capable of FFB. Which games and tools are you using? 
    So I've made more tests, on Windows 7 and also on a Windows 10 I've installed for the occasion.

For WRC 8, some people have the issue of all FFB settings grayed out on Windows 7 with non Fanatec wheels. It's working on W10. On W7 I've tried to change devices order or hide one of them with devreorder, it didn't help with the FFB (but inputs don't work if I reverse the order or hide one of them, I don't rememver if it was the first or the second one).

The apps I was talking about are TeknoParrot v1.92 (last version supporting FFB) and FFB Arcade Plugin with the FFB working on both on W10 and not working on W7 whatever device I select (TeknoParrot's FFB was working fine with the CSL Elite). But they both work on W7 if I reverse the order of both devices with devreorder. So on W10, everything works with the default order, while on W7, some apps require to reverse the order, while doing that makes inputs not working in some (if not most) other apps. Also I think (I may verify next time I boot W10) that the devices are in the same order in W7 and W10 (listed by devreorder's DeviceLister for example) and that the haptic one is the second one (that's the case for sure on W7, if I hide the first one or put it after the second one, the FFB works).

So, it seems there is something different between my perfectly compatible (when I was using it) CSL Elite and the more picky DD on W7, being something specific to the DD or a recent change in the driver which affects all bases (I was using driver 328 with the CSL Elite), which causes this subtle but annoying issue on W7.

Does it make a difference if you use the CSW V2.5 Compatibility mode of the DD base?
  • I'm also interested

• Does it make a difference if you use the CSW V2.5 Compatibility mode of the DD base?
    No it doesn't, all 3 apps work exactly the same in CSW mode.

I've tested with my CSL Elite PC V1 with driver 335 (I thought 2 devices were displayed with it too, but that's not the case, which makes this test less interesting). FFB settings still are grayed out in WRC 8 as expected (it's definitelly a bug with this game), and both other apps work properly (which is not surprising considering it's only one device).
  • edited September 2019
    I have the base 2.5 with a Porsche 918 steering wheel and am very satisfied with it.
    The steering wheel I've bought new through a friend directly via Fanatec and I noticed too late that there was the engine version v22 installed. When I installed the drivers I overwrote the FW and the engine was clearly audible with the v18. The coilwine has been audible.
    Why is the FW 22 engine only available in the beta driver? I have no difference between the FW18 and the FW22 was taken. I do not know what exactly with Notchy meant. I now have the latest drivers on it and also notice no difference to those before. I would rather use an official driver. Will it soon be a new driver with a FW released the "problems" with the Base 2.5 fixes?
This discussion has been closed.