Introducing FanaLab: Beta Version available now!

13»

Comments

• Thanks everyone. Maurice those settings do feel better so thanks for sharing. When I loaded the file it noticed it was for a DD2 wheel not DD1 but it worked anyway.
  • Thanks everyone. Maurice those settings do feel better so thanks for sharing. When I loaded the file it noticed it was for a DD2 wheel not DD1 but it worked anyway.
    Glad that you like the profile and the settings work good for you :)
    Yes, as said, the profile was made with a DD2 and Formula v2. To adjust it for a DD1 you just need to up the FF in the Tuning Menu from 85 to 100 and adjust in iRacing the Max force slider to 55Nm and Wheel Force slider to 20Nm. That way you should feel pretty much the exact same result as I do on a DD2. And as said, with these settings you could also disable the Dynamic Damping and you would still not get oscillations even on bumpy straights like Sebring unless you really pull the wheel to one side actively.
  • OK so I've tried it and I'm having a hard time finding a spot where this does not reduce the information I'm getting in iRacing. I can feel any damping applied specially at the beginning of rotation in the wheel. It's like the wheel is numb to any data I normally get. I've tried to race with damping and there is no way I could be competitive with it on. It's like I can't feel the steering rack/tires at all during rotation. The small details make all the difference.

So, can someone suggest a damping setting in the wheel profile 0-100 and a damping setting for all three sliders in the Fanalab software that will 1) Not remove any FFB information from the wheel during rotation and 2) stop the wheel from oscillations on high speed straights.

If this is specific to track/cae lets use iRacing's Monza start/finish straight & 488 GTE for example. 
    Try the attached FanaLab file. I don't get Oscillations with these settings on my DD2 but still a very active and precise steering. Tested even on the bumpy straights of Sebring. In fact, the 488 GTE is a car which needs a lot less Dynamic Damping compared to other cars so a setting of just 5 Strength is already enough. And to not get Damping in corners the range is limited to 20° to each side and the Damper itself only starts to fade in at 150kph (and gets stronger from there the faster you drive). Its even possible to run the car with these Tuning Menu settings completely without Dynamic Damping enabled - it still wont oscillate at high speed straights as long as you dont really force it by pulling the wheel actively to one side very harsh.

As you are using a DD1 you just need to up the FF from 85 to 100 in the Tuning Menu and in iRacing set Max Force to 55Nm with Wheel Force set to 20Nm and it should feel almost like on a DD2 where I get 21Nm Peaks with this profile.

Here is also a lap around Sebring where you can see that even when trying to force an oscillation the wheels keeps in straight line and doesnt oscillate because of the Dynamic Damping. But as you can also see it stays very active and lively in corners etc. :)

Hi Maurice this fanalab file work on my CSW 2.5? regard
  • When using Fanalab what should I be looking for in terms of FFB feel??? It fels Really Good but to be honest I can't feel the difference between When using Fanalab and when I'm Not using it... I know that AC the Gear indicators and lights work on the rim's Now.... But what else should I be looking to Notice or Feel??? wheel used is Fanatec DD2. Xbox Hub w/APM, McClaren and Porsche Rim.
  • When using Fanalab what should I be looking for in terms of FFB feel??? It fels Really Good but to be honest I can't feel the difference between When using Fanalab and when I'm Not using it... I know that AC the Gear indicators and lights work on the rim's Now.... But what else should I be looking to Notice or Feel??? wheel used is Fanatec DD2. Xbox Hub w/APM, McClaren and Porsche Rim.
    You shouldn't be looking for anything in terms of FFB... FanaLab does not change the game FFB, it CAN only add dynamic Damping to prevent Oscillations or a reverse Damper to prevent Oscillations when driving reverse. Other than that the FFB is 100% identical and it doesn't matter if you run FanaLab or not. FanaLab can also add Telemetry based vibrations of the ClubSport pedal vibration motors or the vibration motor in ClubSport Wheels like your Porsche wheel, but this also doesn't change the FFB...
  • edited September 2019
    When using Fanalab what should I be looking for in terms of FFB feel??? It fels Really Good but to be honest I can't feel the difference between When using Fanalab and when I'm Not using it... I know that AC the Gear indicators and lights work on the rim's Now.... But what else should I be looking to Notice or Feel??? wheel used is Fanatec DD2. Xbox Hub w/APM, McClaren and Porsche Rim.
    You shouldn't be looking for anything in terms of FFB... FanaLab does not change the game FFB, it CAN only add dynamic Damping to prevent Oscillations or a reverse Damper to prevent Oscillations when driving reverse. Other than that the FFB is 100% identical and it doesn't matter if you run FanaLab or not. FanaLab can also add Telemetry based vibrations of the ClubSport pedal vibration motors or the vibration motor in ClubSport Wheels like your Porsche wheel, but this also doesn't change the FFB...
    Thanx...How do I turn the pedal Vibrations On???
  • edited September 2019
    When using Fanalab what should I be looking for in terms of FFB feel??? It fels Really Good but to be honest I can't feel the difference between When using Fanalab and when I'm Not using it... I know that AC the Gear indicators and lights work on the rim's Now.... But what else should I be looking to Notice or Feel??? wheel used is Fanatec DD2. Xbox Hub w/APM, McClaren and Porsche Rim.
    Thanx...How do I turn the pedal Vibrations On???
    In the "vibration" tab you can enable the vibration for brake pedal, throttle Paddle and steering wheel (if the steering wheel has vibration motors which is only the the case on your Porsche). There are many different things you can fine-tune like rev limiter, engine vibration, suspension travel, abs and TC vibration, wheel lock and wheel spin vibration etc. Some games don't support some vibration features and in that case they stay greyed out (iRacing for example pretty much doesn't support anything...). In the FanaLab introduction video you can see that at 0:54.
  • Hi Thomas,
    this tool looks like a great enhancement for all the PC gamers out there. How about the PS4 simracer? Do you see a slight chance for a PS4 app become available in the future?  Of course with a somehow reduced functionality.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
    Thorsten
  • edited September 2019
    Hi Thomas,
    this tool looks like a great enhancement for all the PC gamers out there. How about the PS4 simracer? Do you see a slight chance for a PS4 app become available in the future?  Of course with a somehow reduced functionality.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
    Thorsten
    PS4 can't run any kind of software which runs on parallel together with a game, so no, it's quite impossible to get FanaLab on any console.
  • Mapping sequential shifter to paddles seems to be broken in v345 driver, can't get the sequential shifter to work, everything else seems fine. Haven't tried going back to earlier driver yet but it did work before. V2.5 WHEEL BASE, V2 FORMULA RIM
  • Mapping sequential shifter to paddles seems to be broken in v345 driver, can't get the sequential shifter to work, everything else seems fine. Haven't tried going back to earlier driver yet but it did work before. V2.5 WHEEL BASE, V2 FORMULA RIM
    That was a known issue and is already fixed with driver 346.
  • ^ meant 2019 formula rim^ Just reloaded v336_beta and sequential mapping is working again
  • ^ meant 2019 formula rim^ Just reloaded v336_beta and sequential mapping is working again
    But driver 336 is not compatible with FanaLab. You need at least driver 340. Just try driver 346 which was released two days ago, it also fixes the SQ mapping issue and is FanaLab compatible.
  • Fanalabs and CSR Elite are compatible?

• Hi, is Fanalab still available? Couldn't find a working link. Thanks! Georg

• Hi all,

I got a question about Fanalab,so download and installed today all fine,

Set all my led preferences, which are gears on show all the time on the display and changing led colour in order green,red and blue.

I also pressed both of the green buttons in fanalab for the game I wanted these effects to (f1 2019)

But when I go to play the lights and the display are completely off.

If I go to settings in game and abilitate the fanatec led option then in game the wheel is working but with all the standard values so leds are yellow red and blue and display showing the speed.

Any chance someone can help me please am I doing something wrong somewhere?

Thanks

• Loads up then shuts down:

Windows event:

Faulting application name: FanaLab.exe, version: 0.0.0.4, time stamp: 0x5df750e3

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0x2995af02

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00063d63

Faulting process id: 0x2f30

Faulting application start time: 0x01d660f9cc8c29bb

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fanatec\FanaLab\Control\FanaLab.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 880c1b42-2f84-41fa-a1e5-a0276340a28f

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

• How to save game profiles for free slots?

Everything that I change goes into slot 1

• i dont seem to be able to save any profile settings for my CSL Elite v1 (plus xbox wheel) on Fanalab, is that right?

• That is right because your base is too old to support this feature.