Anyone ordered DD1 in Europe?

Comments

• Okay (even though I've just ranted hard on another thread and now feel somewhat stupid) I've recieved word from Dominic (thanks for replying). He can't give info I guess on orders outside of my own but he did say my order would ship tomorrow (DD1). My order number is 1093824 on June 4th. So hopefully (at least) single orders around that one will ship as well.

However, my order status remains unchanged. I still don't understand how there processing system works so I'll remain reserved until it changes.

• That's not bad then,finally I good news,I will try to contact him then see if he reply to me as well.

Thanks Jim

• Just got a reply from Dom,that was quick,mine is getting sorted tomorrow as well.

Fingers crossed

• Nice!!! Hopefully the Europe ball is rolling!!!

• Hi,

how did you contact Dominic directly. i have just raised a ticket, or is there a quicker method.

regards

• Jim GroveJim Grove Member
    edited June 2020

I literally had to search for "Dominic" in the search bar. Find a thread he has posted on Then click his name and you can send him a message.

• Dominic commented on "it's time for us to act......." Thread, pretty much at the top of the post list.

• Have you got any news on your order yet Jim?

I got told mine would be sorted this morning,the morning is nearly gone and still nothing new on my order

• Alessio, same here, I have nearly the same ordernr as Jim, and I see no change either :/

• Messaged Dominic first thing this morning but he didn't reply yet.

However,my order has changed. My things were all June 26th, now they are July 31.

I really am hoping that this is just a website.processing glitch as you guys have received good news. If I find out that they have been selling all the DD1s for days and then have pushed me back 6 weeks then I won't be too happy.

• I don't know what is going on here, don't help that they don't issue a statement or something to explain.

I'm tempted to cancel my order and buy the DD1 when available,it was available again briefly this morning but gone back to pre order now.

Is anywhere else where you can buy a DD1 base then?

• I won't be buying fanatec if they have. There are alternatives. If they have done this then you can safely say that I will never buy anything fanatec. I just wish that Dominic would give me some clarification so that I can get my refund and move on. With their website though you can never be sure,I don't want to cancel if it's a glitch.

Seems like Dominic likes giving good news but seems to avoid the bad so it looks pretty likely they have shafted me.

• Yeah on mine it says 10th of July too now,I don't think is a glitch in the website though mate,

The units are clearly not been shipped yet otherwise we would get an email from UPS.

• my dd1 bundle

dd1 10/jul

formula v2 31/jul

Adv paddle module 31/jul

wonder if we will get F1 2020 on the 7/Jul, that would be something for those of us with a rig.

• Hi guys,I thought I'd let you know,

Domenic replied me again today saying that they are aware of the backorder issues for dd1 pre orders and not to believe the date shown on the website 10th of July.

I got sick and tired to wait though so I've just cancelled my order will try to get a dd1 somewhere else or will upgrade to a DD2.

• Sorry to hear that. If you do re order, just go for single items only! Or you will get into a vicious loop of "in stock, out of stock". Multi orders in one are gonna be a no go until businesses are at full capacity again.

So if there is now a long hiatus between stock (more than 1 week), it's worth cancelling bundles and ordering as single items. It is a gamble now but it will be more successful than bundle orders which are almost at a complete halt.

• Alessio sorry for late reply. I was at work. My DD1 has now moved to "being processed" and I received an email saying it was being prepped to ship. I can't use it till the pedals arrive though. Have you had any updates?

• Howdy, just got word from Dom, saying he can’t confirm anything and it has the highest priority... Strange, all my stuff is available, and yet they won’t ship, even though I have almost the same order nr as you Jim. same day ordered. This is useless no one seems able to answer some basic questions

edited June 2020

Has anyone checked the rant post? Dominic posted around 30 mins ago saying the system is clogged and they're prioritising back orders.

Edit - Joost, yeah it sounds like there now trying to clear back orders so maybe the paradigm has shifted. Hopefully it's good news for all.

• Hi Jim, don't worry for the late reply mate.

I have cancelled my DD1 order in the end and updated for a DD2 hopefully it will be shipped soon.

I only need the base I already got wheel and pedals 2 months ago.

• Nice one!! I must admit I almost did the same with the DD2 a few weeks ago. But my wife would've torn me a new arse! 😄

I sincerely hope that these frustrating and strange days are moving behind us now and things begin to get back on track at Fanatec. Deep down I know it's grim for them as well but all it takes is a bit of communication. Dominic has given a vital piece of much needed info and, although it's still an uneasy situation, people need to know and I think he's doing the right thing to appease a forum based rebellion. Good luck buddy and good luck to us all.

• I thought your wife was patient?

Things won't be back on track at fanatec,these situations are nothing new. One day they will regret that there is a large part of the sim fraternity who have bad experiences with them and wouldn't buy from them. This kind of stuff has been going on for a long time and I knew before I ordered that fanatec's customer support has always been legendarily bad to the point of contemptuous. Just in my community of a few hundred, there are dozens who have experienced this, we are not the exception sadly.

Sure,it isn't Dominic's fault or most people that you get to talk to,they do their best. Clearly the problems come from the very top and have been going on for long enough to be considered endemic. I though that people were overexaggerating until I witnessed what I have over the last month. Not just with my own order but scores of others. There are people who ordered in April who have received next to nothing, while fanatec have been happily selling all of the stuff that these poor people have been waiting for to anyone and everyone. If we all know this, so does the boss of Fanatec, I read his blog,he is aware. But words are cheap when they are not followed by action, they are simply hot air. He has developed a very poor culture within his company,his processes stink.

This is just one of many groups of people let down. We are the vocal minority. The dissent has been somewhat appeased by Dominic's efforts but all he can do is fire-fight. Fires always leave damage though.

Fanatec make good product but their order processing and customer service is abhorrent.

• Haha, I know I bet mine won't be happy neither but at the end of the day is not an amount that you spend every month,

I mean personally speaking this base will last me for ages because I won't be using it every day due to lack of time unfortunately.

I always been tempted from DD2 to be honest especially after all the reviews with tons of people who had problems with the DD1.

We will see how it goes,

Thanks and good luck to you to Jim and to all of us 😁

edited June 2020

• It's the firmware upgrade that scares me. I hope it all goes smoothly and lasts a long time. I'm looking forward to trying a-rated kit and dialling in awesome and immersive feedback.

Edit - previous post deleted.

• Yeah I know,I got the same fear,only thing we can do is to follow the installation instructions step by step hoping everything will be ok.

Any news on your DD1 base Jim?

My DD2 has been shipped couple of hours ago,I got the email from Fanatec.

• Excellent news Allessio! Yeah I've got warehouse prepping for both items now. 2 emails saying each order is preparing to ship. Good enough for me now. I hope it all goes well for everyone else.

• Jim,

what have you ordered ?.

i have ordered the dd1 bundle, with Formula v2 wheel ( july 31 date) and the paddle module.

BTW, re firmware updates, having used fanatec gear for 10 years, and currently on CSW 2.5 updates to firmware are very straightforward now, all via the driver.

Regards

• Hi Ian

I just ordered DD1 and V3 pedals at start of June. Both separate orders. I cancelled a bundle back in may, just as the V2 wheel came back in stock so I ordered that straight away. It's not necessarily quicker to cancel and re order separately, but it does mean individual queued items ship when available.

I'm hoping I don't brick the DD1. Ive read a few stories where people get firmware 0 errors. Just gotta take it slow and follow instructions and hope. I've never liked flashing firmware to anything. On the flipside, I've also never had issues doing it. Hopefulky it will work.

Hope your order comes through soon. I'm hoping the backlog will clear as things begin to pick up.