Order status....what is going on?

Comments

• yes I understand, but Fanatec is not Apple, it will have its time to sort things out, now I don't know how long this problem has been, but I also believe that being tolerant every now and then you can. We get angry if they make you wait three months to receive the material, a day has passed since the date.

• Also keep in mind that we are in a pandamic, the company where if work for delivers to germany and we saw a peak in orders/deliveries previous week because the lockdownrules were changed.

And the fact that they removed the bundles from the website is a good sign, it means they are working on it.

All we see on this forum is the bad stuff, because the good stuff (people acctually getting their order) doesn't appear on this forum.

• edited July 2020

I'm not complaining, I only came in to find out if anyone had had updates on their order, I'm not in a hurry I already have a steering wheel to have fun with, I took fanatec for something more professional, since my passion has increased.

• True, they are not apple but they aren't also a one year old startup that doesn't know anything about ecommerce. Being tolerant is good, being nice is also good but these problems are going on way before there was a pandemic if you read the forums.

Fanatec comes up with excuse after excuse and should fix all pre-orders and outstanding orders instead of taking new ones (and ship those new ones when people order stuff that is in stock while pre-orders are waiting).

So no, i'm not mad and i do understand there is a pandemic and things go a little different nowadays but what i don't understand is why Fanatec keeps communicating very poorly to it's customers, gives estimates that aren't realistic and why they are taking new orders with the result the mess only get's bigger regarding to order handling.

I worked for several larger e-commerce companies in the past and "mess up's" happen, we are all human and even the best sometimes makes an mistake. However there is one important rule, communicate with your customers and keep the mistake as small as possible... just keep selling and make that problem only bigger is not the solution you should pick.

They removed the bundles yesterday... order issues date from months ago and before, kinda late if you ask me ;)

And if you read all the forums and some other resources out there you don't get the idea that shipping and order handling runs very smoothly at Fanatec.

It would really help if Fanatec just communicated better with it's customers, set some realistic delivery dates (and would do first come first serve based on pre-orders instead of let people waiting for one piece and if that arrives another item isn't on stock etc) and added some people to their customer support and answered emails within 48 hours instead of week(s) or even worse not at all.

• so hypothetically, isn't it said that next week we will receive the order or an update on the delivery date? Could it be still a long time?

yet the products are available on the site, they have eliminated the bundles for the time being except ps4 elite cls. there is also a message in the home

• I hope we'll get an update next week, from the bundle i ordered is the steering wheel and loadcell kit availability date in august.

So i'm preparing myself for the worst...

• I completely agree with you about the customer service, people are willing to wait a more for a product as long as the customer service is good.

• I am not in a hurry, I too have read August dates, but on the website anyway, bases and steering wheels are available, provided that it is not a mistake. In the end to make a bundle they have to take the individual pieces and put them together. Then it's not that I get faster with the fanatec wheel. 🤣. Let's wait next week if there is to wait, wait

• Thing is that as soon as the steering wheel arrives the pedals or base could be out of stock... and that is what seems to happen before. They ship individual parts but bundles are only shipped when everything is in stock.

So with that in mind you could ending up waiting ages for a bundle while you could have had individual items already send.

It would be great if Fanatec would fix that instead of keeping everyone with a bundle waiting and waiting. And unlike you guys I don’t want to wait any longer then necessary because Fanatec is messing up bundle orders. We all paid a lot of money for our stuff so any clarification on how Fanatec is going to fix this would be nice.

• Correct, but you cannot put a package on sale and always give priority to the individual pieces.

• edited July 2020

It’s what happened the last few months so dont be surprised if this still is the issue.

The message from Dominic Brennan in this thread suggesting that support is working on it with highest priority sounds to me like “yeah we know there is an issue, let’s say we are doing something to satisfy some people and let’s hope it gets fixed soon”

As good as the product may be, as bad is the transparency and communication at Fanatec.

But let’s see what happens next week... I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with an expected delivery some end Q3 or starting Q4.

• We are now at stake and we wait, boy if we arrive this month well, if not there is no problem for me, I repeat I am a person who can wait, I ordered DJ phase for my turntables, and I had to wait a year to receive it , they postponed every 3 months for software problems, so 1.2 0 3 weeks makes no difference. Obvious this and my opinion.

• Anyone had an update yet?

• I called Fanatec today about my order and for what it’s worth (I don’t believe it until I have a tracking code ;-)) it should be shipped Wednesday.

Fingers crossed 🤞

• all the same, nothing for the moment, I asked the sales support email for info, but they did not reply, to the other two requests I had to wait two weeks

• With loadcell? Because the steering wheel is on pre order till 14 aug... and loadcell 7 aug, i would be shocked if they kept all the preorderen goods untill now... :o

• but in the end they could send an email info to all customers who pre-ordered

• Nope, without the load cell. Just de standard Xbox competition pack.

• Ok, you won't believe it but my order has just been processed and will be shipped soon regarding to the email i just got.

• Well, I still nothing, I only received the email for F1 2020 which is available in my account, for the bundle still nothing

• Reind, I hope to receive updates for my order too. but yours is a bundle package?

• Yes I bought the Xbox competition pack bundle. The fastest way to get some clarification about your order is to call them.

I called them on ‭00 49 871 9221122‬, do it between 2 and 4 pm as those are the opening hours for sales support as I’m correct.

• Ok, I will try to call, I hope they speak in Italian, I have ordered clubsport bundle with steering wheel cls elite p1 and pedal

• They speak English quite good so probably you will end up with that 😉

• ok, I'll update you on the situation, good day

• No update here, can't even call because I am at work -.-