Some thoughts about V3 pedals with break performance and damper kit

So I've been using the CSL LC pedals since they were released. I love them but finally couldn't resist the V3 BF deal and even added the damper kit. I don't regret it. The break performance is on par with the CSL LC, which is great. Changing elastomeres on the CSL LC is a breeze while on the V3 it's a pita, not so great. I found a way to make that easier and faster, but that's another story. Using the damper on the V3 brake with the performance kit makes no sense. Too little travel to damp so I mounted the damper to the throttle pedal. Now that's about the only thing I missed on the CSL pedals. This feels so smooth and with 2 sets of springs, 2 mounting points for the pedal rod and 2 mounting points for the damper there is enough to play with for that perfect feeling. But: you only get to enjoy that while not in a race. In a race, once your past turn 1, you won't notice much difference. You're either full throttle or off throttle, who cares what's in between :-)

Now do the V3 pedals make me any faster compared to the CSL LC? No, that CSL LC break is so damn good.

Are the V3 pedals more fun to drive? Once you've got everything set, yes.

@Fanatec:

1: In a future driver version please make manual brake calibration for the V3 the same as for the CSL LC. Editing a max BRF number is a lot easier consistent and reproducible than remembering the max brake force I applied some days ago.

2: Add another PU foam half the height to the break performance kit. Two red/green elastomeres plus the default PU foam result in way to much initial tension to the break pedal, even with the preload screw turned all the way in.

That's it, comments wellcome.

Comments